PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SKIP BAYLESS GETTIN BRADY's BACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamtown

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
SKIP BAYLESS just dismatled Donovan Mcnabb on FISRT TAKE, Donovan thought that Tiger Woods was the more dominant Athlete. BOOOOYAH! Nice route SKIP. (For those of you who are jsut reading I blew it and called Skip Bayless... Woody Page.... even they though they are justa bout the same kind of bigmouth. MY BAD!)

Last edited:
Re: WOODY PAGE GETTIN BRADY's BACK!

I think you mean skip bayless. if mcnabb picked brady as most dominant skip would have picked tiger. classic contrarian .

Woody Page just dismatled Donovan Mcnabb on FISRT TAKE, Donovan thought that Tiger Woods was the more dominant Athlete. BOOOOYAH! Nice route Woody.

Tiger Woods IS a more dominant athlete at this point. Though it's really hard to quantify in terms of numbers. I don't think it's a one to one correspondence with majors to superbowls. BUT... Where Tiger is at this point in his career vs. where Brady is. And the distance between him and the next nearest competitor.

Sorry, I don't think it's even close. Tiger is redefining his sport. He is demolishing records from careers 2-3x as long as his. It would take several seasons as good as this one for Tom to be even considered near par with Tiger, I think.

I hate to even debate this because I think Tom Brady is, without any doubt, the single greatest quarterback ever. But I just think that tells you how great i think Tiger is in his sport. I mean absolutely no disrespect to either athlete.

As a sports fan, I am so grateful to have the chance to see them play in their primes. It truly is a great time to be a fan.

Tiger Woods IS a more dominant athlete at this point. Though it's really hard to quantify in terms of numbers. I don't think it's a one to one correspondence with majors to superbowls. BUT... Where Tiger is at this point in his career vs. where Brady is. And the distance between him and the next nearest competitor.

Sorry, I don't think it's even close. Tiger is redefining his sport. He is demolishing records from careers 2-3x as long as his. It would take several seasons as good as this one for Tom to be even considered near par with Tiger, I think.

I hate to even debate this because I think Tom Brady is, without any doubt, the single greatest quarterback ever. But I just think that tells you how great i think Tiger is in his sport. I mean absolutely no disrespect to either athlete.

As a sports fan, I am so grateful to have the chance to see them play in their primes. It truly is a great time to be a fan.

He's not an athlete, he's a golfer.

He's an athlete who golfs. He ain't John Daly.

The dude's in great shape.

Is a lineman who can't run 50 yards technically an "athlete?" Why bother messing with semantics?

He's an athlete who golfs. He ain't John Daly.

Exactly, golfers are athletes who couldn't cut it in the more physical sports like football, baseball, basketball, hockey ect.

Apples and oranges

Golfers have a level playing field. They all face the same adversity and the golfer alone, for the most part, makes or breaks their own game. Football players have 21 other people on the field that affect the outcome.

Too hard to compare the two sports but Woods is doing things that 1000's of golfers before him have not done. That is worth props.

The dude's in great shape.

Is a lineman who can't run 50 yards technically an "athlete?" Why bother messing with semantics?

Are there any of those in the NFL? What about a 340lbs guy like Vince Wilfork that could probably run you down even if he gave you a head start?

Tiger is an athlete, give me a break. You think Manny Ramirez or David Ortiz could be a great golfer? How a 300lb linebacker? It's called specialization. I'm sure Dustin Pedrioa couldn't cut it as a football player, but he is one hell of baseball player.

Bringing up the two in the same light is laughable. Football is a grueling physical and mental sport that exacts it's toll on your body and spirit...it tests your will and your toughness in addition to your skill and abilities.

Golf is...not.

Tiger is an athlete, give me a break. You think Manny Ramirez or David Ortiz could be a great golfer? How a 300lb linebacker? It's called specialization. I'm sure Dustin Pedrioa couldn't cut it as a football player, but he is one hell of baseball player.

I'm sure none of them are outstanding at poker, either. Maybe Mike Matusow is an athlete?

About Golf: ever wonder why people tend to dismiss soccer in the US but then these very same people who belittle it want to talk about golf?

They'll make fun of soccer players, and in the next instant, they want to talk to us about about Sergio.

The answer is simple: $$$.

Golf sells in the US, soccer doesn't.

But that doesn't mean that I have to listen to them belittling soccer while praising the fortitude of golfers.

I'm talking about you Jim Rome. Heck, he'll even invite tennis players on, and these guys are throwing matches half the time.

What a joke.

About Golf: ever wonder why people tend to dismiss soccer in the US but then these very same people who belittle it want to talk about golf?

They'll make fun of soccer players, and in the next instant, they want to talk to us about about Sergio.

The answer is simple: $$$.

Golf sells in the US, soccer doesn't.

But that doesn't mean that I have to listen to them belittling soccer while praising the fortitude of golfers.

I'm talking about you Jim Rome. Heck, he'll even invite tennis players on, and these guys are throwing matches half the time.

What a joke.

Although I despise Soccer as an incredibly boring game, there is no doubt that Soccer players are great athletes.

Lets see Tiger get hit by Richard Seynour after making a putt, and get up to hit another ball.

Last edited:

Lets see Tiger get hit by Richard Seynour after making a putt, and get up to hit another ball.

Your right, football is the only sport since that applies to every other sport but football. See how David Ortiz hits or Josh Beckett pitches after getting hit by Richard Seymour.

Last edited:

Let's not get into the definition of 'athlete', or 'sport' for that matter. They're impossible to quantify and while some people would go so far as to say that chess, scrabble, etc, are sports, others believe only those that involve physical exertion qualify.

The fact of the matter is that Tiger is the most dominant athlete in sports today--perhaps ever. Can you compare Tiger to Brady? No friggin way, football is the ultimate team sport while golf couldn't be more individual. That said, the second best quarterback in the NFL, Peyton Manning, is considerably closer in talent than the second best golfer (and it doesn't matter who you place here, though it's probably Mickelson) is to Tiger.

Bringing up the two in the same light is laughable. Football is a grueling physical and mental sport that exacts it's toll on your body and spirit...it tests your will and your toughness in addition to your skill and abilities.

Golf is...not.

So baseball players aren't athletes, because golf is more physically demanding than baseball. I know I'm way more sore and mentally drained after 18 holes than I am after nine innings.

Dismissing a guy as a non-athlete because he plays golf is silly. There are athletic guys who don't play sports at all. That doesn't mean they're not still athletic.

Let's see Seymour make a putt...period.

Let's see Randy Moss perform a triple lutz - double sowcou combo.

Let's see Tom Brady return a Roger Federer serve (or for that matter, one served by Shirapova).

Let's see Vince Wilfork complete one leg of the Tour de France.

Let's see Tedy Bruschi ride a 30-foot wave, all while performing tricks.

Let's see Ben Watson skate...then handle a puck...then shoot...then make that shot hard enough to score on Henrik Lundquist.

Let's see any of them compete in cricket, badminton, ping pong, curling, rugby, swimming, etc, etc, on an international level. They're all sports, they all take supreme talent to make it to the top, and they all contain ATHLETE'S who work just as hard as NFL players and are--comparatively--just as talented at their SPORT as NFL players.

So baseball players aren't athletes, because golf is more physically demanding than baseball. I know I'm way more sore and mentally drained after 18 holes than I am after nine innings.

I suppose that's more attributable to the beer than the actual activity.

If you are saying it takes more physical exertion to Golf than it does to play Baseball...I am baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes