Sixers Series

They_Hate_We

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Embiid doubtful for game 1. Personally I'd rather he play. I think we've matched up well against Philly this year. Thoughts?

I mean, sure as a viewer you want to see Embiid playing because it’s far less compelling when the MVP isn’t out there. However as a Celtics fan you are good with a banged up Embiid who is likely to miss at least one game and be less than 100% throughout the series.

Celtics in 6. They have no excuse to lose this series.

Was great to see the C's take care of business like they should've in game 6.
Like everyone else, I was disturbed by their lack of focus over the last 5+ mins of game 5. Especially Smart and Tatum.
Too reminiscent of the Finals last year.
For most of this season,Smart had cut down on his too many turnovers and Tatum improved his overall game especially on D. Until game 6.
Was this partly cuz they took Atlanta too lightly? I think so.
Philly is a different story. I expect the C's
to be more locked in this series. They better be.

Was great to see the C's take care of business like they should've in game 6.
Like everyone else, I was disturbed by their lack of focus over the last 5+ mins of game 5. Especially Smart and Tatum.
Too reminiscent of the Finals last year.
For most of this season,Smart had cut down on his too many turnovers and Tatum improved his overall game especially on D. Until game 6.
Was this partly cuz they took Atlanta too lightly? I think so.
Philly is a different story. I expect the C's
to be more locked in this series. They better be.
It’s partly because they took Atlanta too lightly because that’s been a well recognized flaw for this team all season. Play down to lesser opponents, dominate some of the contenders.

Atlanta also deserves credit for playing really good for multiple stretches of the series. I hope the lesson is learned and they are locked in for the Sixers series but they could fall right back into it with Embiid being hurt.

Smart is absolutely poison for this team. He brings some good, but then brings too much bad. Incredibly reckless in crunch time. This team will go no where if they continue to give him meaningful minutes in close games and don’t keep a pulse on his erratic play.

Last edited:
We shot 60%. 10 fouls! Got 60+ almost 10 asst and 20 boards from Tatum & Brown and played them with JE. Unbelievable collapses the last two nights. Not what "winners" do. Both players and coaches.

Thought this was going 6/7 no matter what but you can't lose this game at home. Just unreal lack of leadership on & off the ice/court.

Watched the Celtics for a little pick-me-up from last night. It was like rubbing salt in the wound.

Rivers ate up Mazzulla ... left him for road kill.

Average Al guarding Hardon ... really Joe :confused:

Last edited:
Smart is absolutely poison for this team. He brings some good, but then brings too much bad. Incredibly reckless in crunch time. This team will go no where if they continue to give him meaningful minutes in close games and don’t keep a pulse on his erratic play.
The collective stupidity of the Celtics nearly outweighs their individual talent. I keep wanting to believe in this team but time and time again, they show mentally, they're not up to the challenge. Tonight, all they needed to do was stop 1 guy: he went berserk.

today's game sucks...dribble dribble dribble, shoot. No ball movement, no cutting...painful to watch.

Hate to say it but if Udoka was coaching this team i'd feel a lot better.

Too many repeat dumb plays. Focus issues. Untimely soft defensive lapses. Playing to the level of their opponent.

Too many repeat dumb plays. Focus issues. Untimely soft defensive lapses. Playing to the level of their opponent.

These guys play the game well but you never get the sense that becoming champions means everything to them.

These guys play the game well but you never get the sense that becoming champions means everything to them.
I think it means something to them but they don't know how to get there.

I think it means something to them but they don't know how to get there.

They don't sacrifice for one another, they just take turns trying to play hero ball.

Good strategy in the 1st half to go inside. Parts of the 2nd period recalled the first 1/4 of the season.

But Brown and White seemed out of it in the 2nd half. Brogdon given more of a role in the 4th showed limitations. No real use of Robbie as a weapon at the rim. Sloppy and stilted O in the 2nd half in particular. Uninspired D. Anyone notice at the end of the 3rd and again with about 5 min left they owned the boards and looked decisive for about :90 each? Why no sustain? Two empty horrific trips down on O, at 111-107 - a 2 pointer in one of those trips, and they might have pulled it out.

So is there someone with will power and command to make this team what it could be, or will they have that look on their faces like the Bruins Sunday night when it ends?

Rally or fall.

Defense is why we lost that game. Philly shouldn't be scoring more than 25 points a quarter (even with Embiid)....the score was in the mid-60's at half time.

Offensively, we were okay...we put up 115...I am OK as long as we score 100+

We need to play better team D. I had no problem with Horford on Harden for the last shot...Harden switched 3 times man....Harden wanted that shot. What Horford should have done was close out the space and force Harden to take the ball to the hole. We were up 2 at that point...if Harden took it to the hole it would be a tie game with 2 seconds remaining and no time for us to try to get the ball to Tatum (that is what Brogdon and Smart tried to do on back to back possessions ....Brogdon had no time and should have taken a J...Smart...probably should have taken that shot himself).

The game was lost on defense in the first 40 minutes of the game before we tried to rally too late....

The 08 team might have went to game 7 in the first two series but one thing you could count on with that squad, they weren't losing at home. I think they lost at home once all playoffs. This team? Them playing at home means nothing. They play hard when they feel like it. They almost play like they've won multiple titles already.

They had no business losing game 1 to a sixers team without embiid. None......It's so hard for me to take this team seriously when they lose games like this. They have the talent to win it all but I'm not sure they have any of the other tools needed to get it done.

I was thinking the same same thing. They seemed a lot more disciplined under Udoka. The 76ers told reporters ahead of the game they were going to drive and kick, so why all the open shooters. It just looked like the Celtics thought they were playing the Washington Generals. Damn circus passes...wtf

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back