PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Simpsons Boston episode from Oct updated - On Sunday 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pain

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sunday’s re-airing of the all-Boston ‘Simpsons’ episode has a new hidden reference to the Patriots’ Super Bowl win

"“The Town,” the all-Boston episode of The Simpsons that aired back in October, has a mind-boggling number of hidden references to the city that only locals will understand. When the episode re-airs this Sunday at 7:30 p.m., there’s going to be one more, thanks to the New England Patriots."

It was a pretty good one to begin with. I hope it is a Goodell clown update :)

“Our Boston episode ended up airing the day Tom Brady came back from his suspension, and now it’s rerunning the Sunday after the Super Bowl,” Selman said. “Nobody planned it that way, but it worked out perfectly.”
nice planning.

Bristol viewers must love this.

the-simpsons-jordans-furniture-and-motel$large.png

Maybe I'm being over-sensitive, but I found the episode insulting.

It basically played up every false narrative and stereotype that's been said about this team and city for some time.

That we're "racist", can only win by "cheating" and we flip out when people say that about our team, even though it's "true"...

Last edited:
Sunday’s re-airing of the all-Boston ‘Simpsons’ episode has a new hidden reference to the Patriots’ Super Bowl win

"“The Town,” the all-Boston episode of The Simpsons that aired back in October, has a mind-boggling number of hidden references to the city that only locals will understand. When the episode re-airs this Sunday at 7:30 p.m., there’s going to be one more, thanks to the New England Patriots."

It was a pretty good one to begin with. I hope it is a Goodell clown update :)

That was great. Thanks. There's so much funny there that I couldn't go without posting one of the many funny lines ...

Lisa, wowed by MIT: “It’s like heaven for people who don’t believe in heaven.”

Maybe I'm being over-sensitive, but I found the episode insulting.

It basically played up every false narrative and stereotype that's been said about this team and city for some time.

That we're "racist", can only win by "cheating" and we flip out when people say that about our team, even though it's "true"...

@QuantumMechanic

What exactly could you be disagreeing about?

Everything I stated is in the episode, exactly as I said it.

Pretty tough to disagree with a description of what actually takes place in the aforementioned episode....

I got tired of their characterization of Brady. Made him seem like an arrogant pretty boy. An that was avatar used by a political troll.

You gotta cover the mascot, that's a no-brainer.

This show fell off 20 years ago.

@ Recovering Cowboy

Is that Krusty Goodell in your post??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick