PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Simpsons are doing a Boston-themed show this Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that an overinflated football? I sure hope they figure out a funny deflategate joke for once.

Did you know 17 states have a Springfield? For one episode, it's in MA. There was a contest and it was decided that the Simpson's Springfield was in California.

There aren't a lot of people who still watch The Simpsons every week, apparently, but I do. It's basically the last element of my childhood that's still going strong in the present day, so I've got a ton of nostalgia invested into it. FWIW, I acknowledge that the highs are nowhere as high as they used to be, and the quality isn't as consistent, but it still churns out solid episodes fairly regularly. There was a huge dip in quality starting around 2000 or so and continuing for the better part of a decade, but it's rebounded pretty nicely from that. I've read some anecdotal stuff about how the show is old enough now that the writers that are coming on are people who grew up watching it, so maybe the rebound has something to do with that. It's almost indistinguishable from the show it used to be--a lot more topical and absurdist now--but if you can get past that it's still one of the better weekly comedies on TV.

If you're tuning into this episode for the first time in a long time, try to manage your expectations accordingly. It won't be monorail-good or Homer's Enemy-good, but it won't be Armin Tamzarian bad either.

There aren't a lot of people who still watch The Simpsons every week, apparently, but I do. It's basically the last element of my childhood that's still going strong in the present day, so I've got a ton of nostalgia invested into it. FWIW, I acknowledge that the highs are nowhere as high as they used to be, and the quality isn't as consistent, but it still churns out solid episodes fairly regularly. There was a huge dip in quality starting around 2000 or so and continuing for the better part of a decade, but it's rebounded pretty nicely from that. I've read some anecdotal stuff about how the show is old enough now that the writers that are coming on are people who grew up watching it, so maybe the rebound has something to do with that. It's almost indistinguishable from the show it used to be--a lot more topical and absurdist now--but if you can get past that it's still one of the better weekly comedies on TV.

If you're tuning into this episode for the first time in a long time, try to manage your expectations accordingly. It won't be monorail-good or Homer's Enemy-good, but it won't be Armin Tamzarian bad either.
Dude!!! You need to get a life!!!

;)I'll be watching too

I saw parts of it and you won't like it. Brady throws a TD pass to the mascot nobody was covering, who happened to be on the roster so it counts. Bart becomes a Boston American's fan. BA has a parade, Bonk (Gronk) gives Homer a cap but he breaks down and at the entire team and calls them cheaters....DOH!!! :mad:

I saw parts of it and you won't like it. Brady throws a TD pass to the mascot nobody was covering, who happened to be on the roster so it counts. Bart becomes a Boston American's fan. BA has a parade, Bonk (Gronk) gives Homer a cap but he breaks down and at the entire team and calls them cheaters....DOH!!! :mad:
I didn't think it was bad at all. Boston comes off looking great. As far as the mascot catching the TD pass, the point was it was legal under the rules and the coach was smart enough to figure it out when no one else could. No deflategate, the only dig which wasn't even really, was that there was a parade about celebrating the overturning of the coaches suspension for using maggots to influence the coin toss. That sounds as probable as air deflation or how the Patriots never fumble.

In the end, Homer and Homer alone can't give up his allegiance to his loser team the Springfield Atoms and ruins their potential perfect life in Boston.

The clown college episode was a personal favorite of mine :D

I didn't think it was bad at all. Boston comes off looking great. As far as the mascot catching the TD pass, the point was it was legal under the rules and the coach was smart enough to figure it out when no one else could. No deflategate, the only dig which wasn't even really, was that there was a parade about celebrating the overturning of the coaches suspension for using maggots to influence the coin toss. That sounds as probable as air deflation or how the Patriots never fumble.

In the end, Homer and Homer alone can't give up his allegiance to his loser team the Springfield Atoms and ruins their potential perfect life in Boston.

It depends more or less on whether you think Homer was speaking the 'truth'. Personally, given that Homer is basically the show's embodiment of an ignorant, lazy, stupid, self-obsessed sack of ****, I'm okay with him being the one who can't let go of the whole 'cheaters' thing. Because... well, the people who are still clinging to that crap do strike me as the Homer Simpsons of the world.

I'm not sure that's how the show meant it, though. The whole episode just seemed pretty stupid to me. Didn't laugh once. The whole 'unspoken racism' angle is just getting old, for one. I see far, far more racism living in LA than I ever did in Boston. Boston is an unusually white city, and I'm sure racism is alive and well there, but I never saw anything while living there to suggest it's any more prevalent than anywhere else.

Although I did not appreciate the "you're cheaters" stuff at the end, I thought the episode as a whole was pretty funny and had some very spot-on parodies of Boston and its inhabitants. In fact, my kids and I have been saying to each other since we saw it, "Move ya gahbij cah. I gotta get to the packie before the B's drop the puck."

I haven't watched a Simpsons episode in years. Lenny didn't sound like Lenny at all.

Kind of the same humourless Simpsons of the past 10 or 15 yrs. Welp, back to not watching it

• Ha Ha
Reactions: ALP
Yankees Suck banner in the bowling lanes made me snort out of my nose, somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean on the way to Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News