PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the beast?

Parker had a 66% catch rate with the Pats after leaving the Dolphins with a 55% catch rate.

Take a flyer on DMim.
I posted earlier, I would rather take a shot with Golloday or Landry. I mean, the guy is young, but I have zero confidence in this regime to develop a guy that's pretty much a failure in the league at this point.

I would definitely take a shot on Mims. I’d send a 5th that’s conditional on him making the week 1 roster.

As long as we don't do business with the Jets. Guy is gonna feel disrespected by them, so let him clear waivers and sign with the Pats as a big FU.

Denzel Mims once looked like a potential building block of the future for the Jets. Instead, he joins the likes of Stephen Hill, Devin Smith, and Elijah Moore as recent second-round wide receiver busts.
Was BB secretly drafting for the Jets?

I would definitely take a shot on Mims. I’d send a 5th that’s conditional on him making the week 1 roster.

I wouldn't trade Anything for him, conditional or otherwise... We're half-way up the waiver claim chain, so if they really wanted to take a good look at him this is where I would go.

The more I think about it the more I hope he finds his way through waivers and we sign him. The Jete have been bad for a long time mostly due to idiots running the team. Maybe Mims can contributed with the Pats and will hold a grudge. He has excellent height, weight and that athlete stuff.

The Patriots don’t draft WR’s well and they don’t develop them well once they are on the team either. How is it the Steelers hit home runs and we suck. I wish Kraft would put his foot down and force a change in philosophy there. I don’t think WR’s are put into the best possible position to succeed in their rookie season.

Last edited:
...The Patriots don’t draft WR’s well and they don’t develop them well once they are on the team either. How is it the Steelers hit home runs and we suck. I wish Kraft would put his foot down and force a change in philosophy there. I don’t think WR’s are put into the best possible position to succeed in their rookie season.

Two reasons:

- Bill doesn't draft a good prospect when the value aligns, Golden Tate being the most egregious example;

- and he drafts the worse of the prospects when there are better ones still available, Deebo Samuel/AJ Brown being just one of multiple examples there.

Why does this happen? Is Bill receiving bad advice from some people while not listening to good advice from others? Is he relying too much on some aspects of somebody's scouting report over other aspects of it? Likely All of the Above, to a degree, though I always return to his continued insistence on drafting players - and not just WRs - Nobody Else in the World would've drafted where Bill drafted them... His massive ego prevents him from admitting that, just maybe, other people know what they're talking about too; and his contempt for the press almost certainly extends to members of the scouting media as well... Unfortunately for us, Bill's been more wrong about his drafts than those same media members - and some amateur scouts as well - have been, comically so sometimes.

Last edited:
Pheww! That was a close call - didn’t anyone else notice that “beast” was mistakenly spelled with a “B” instead of an “L”??

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back