PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast XLIX: RB Pierre Thomas - Make It Happen, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh...ill disagree much rather have Thomas. Bolden is a mediocre all-around back and is nice to have as depth but certainly not who you want going into the season as the starter.
Bolden is mainly a special teams player. Good tackler and blocked a punt last year.
Busted up the punter quite badly.

The Saints fan who posts on here could give some good analysis of Thomas.

Been a Saints fan since "The Dome Patrol" back in the 90's. Saints always my 2nd fav team.

Thomas was a HUGE part of the Saints SB run in 2009, very overlooked. He has been lost a bit in recent years with the RB by committee of 10 backs or whatever they play down there last 2 years, its nuts. Not enough work last 2 seasons for me to say 100% he is still good. Solid pro though and very tough.

Seems to me that if Thomas was in the house a few days ago and unsigned, the team is not convinced that he is the best option or the $ is an issue.

Been a Saints fan since "The Dome Patrol" back in the 90's. Saints always my 2nd fav team.

Thomas was a HUGE part of the Saints SB run in 2009, very overlooked. He has been lost a bit in recent years with the RB by committee of 10 backs or whatever they play down there last 2 years, its nuts. Not enough work last 2 seasons for me to say 100% he is still good. Solid pro though and very tough.

I saw that Thomas was used in more less of a role but was always solid. I think he hasn't fallen off that much and has alot to add and his role would fit him/us well. Thanx for info.

Pat Swilling, Ricky Jackson, Sam Mills and Vaughn Johnson...

Arguably the best LB foursome in the last 30 years.

Pat Swilling, Ricky Jackson, Sam Mills and Vaughn Johnson...

Arguably the best LB foursome in the last 30 years.
I remember the year ALL FOUR went to the Pro Bowl. To see the 4 Saints helmets in the game was way cool.

Agree with a previous poster, IF Thomas was here and he left it may be a $ issue. Patriots always wait, way longer than we all like, to make a move. It may be summer before we get active again.

Seems to me that if Thomas was in the house a few days ago and unsigned, the team is not convinced that he is the best option or the $ is an issue.
Could be an open door too, where the team says they are interested but want to check out a couple other options too and will be in touch. Perhaps they met with him before Reggie Bush, but ended up not coming to terms with Bush due to money or other reasons, and now could be back in touch with Thomas again, etc.

Just because someone visits and doesn't sign same day doesn't necessarily mean it's not going to happen. Negotiations can be longer term. I know you know this @robertweathers but mainly pointing it out for those who sometimes act like the team & player must hate one another if they don't ink a deal immediately upon saying "hi."

I think I'd rather have Chris Johnson or Bradshaw.

Ah Ha Cousin, you read my mind. I like your Johnson thought.

Did some study on this. There are four RB's that might work. This four might be by far and away a better option than Bush. A few are not considered "third down backs" but their Stats say other wise......... Thoughts Gentlemen?

Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Falcons 25 years old 52 catches in 2013, 53 in 2012. Might give you 350 yards as a 5'6" "I-can't-find-um" runner. Seems we had a smallish RB a couple years ago who had some great years for us. See Woodhead. YOUNGEST

Pierre Thomas 30 years old. 45 Catches in 2014 and 19 for First Downs. 5'11" 215. Serviceable runner.OLDEST

Injured a lot but....Knowshon Moreno, RB, Dolphins. Age: 28. 29 catches in 2015 but had a knee. In 2013 he had 60 Catches for 29 First Downs from Peyton. ALWAYS KILLS US...SEE BB TARGET PLAYERS

Chris Johnson RB still only 29 years old. Had 34 catches for 9 First Downs in 2014 for the worst QB tandem in the NFL. In his best catching year of 2011 he had 79 catches for 43 First Downs.!!! That is better than most #1 WR. He might has been one of the top three RBs in the NFL and was elite. Misused in 2014! The Jets tried to make him Rex's "Ground and Pound" guy between the tackles. That was the wrong idea. Ironically his almost 700 yards would have led our Team.

At 29 I am sure BB can get some miles out of him. Split him wide like Vareen in a spread with Jules, Gronk, JoJo and Danny (sounds like a boys rock band) and Darrelle can't cover all of them. COULD BE MOST DANGEROUS 3RD DOWN BACK IN THE NFL on N.E. . He has elite speed versus Vareen and will bust off a few long distance runs if he stops getting "winged". By the way Vareen had an 8.6 Average per catch from TB and Johnson had a 9.4 average from the inconsistent mess of all three Jet QBs. .....huh?

Good call sir!
DW Toys

Last edited:
There is no way that the New England Patriots sign Chris "Drive By Shooting" Johnson after the Aaron Hernandez fiasco:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/13/chris-johnson-1st-pic-after-being-shot-with-warning-to-shooter/

0313-chris-johnson-instagram-3.jpg

Can't count on a rookie. See James White.
I honestly don't really know anything about James White, but what reason was there for him to play? Vereen was healthy all season. Now if he had been hurt and we played Bolden instead you'd have a point.

In fact, I can't imagine any NFL team signing Chris Johnson. It's just not worth the aggravation of having a player murdered or murdering someone in a gang shooting...

I can see Bolden getting more caries in 2015. He's done everything the Pats have asked him to do.

Bolden is mainly a special teams player. Good tackler and blocked a punt last year.
Busted up the punter quite badly.

Had a Colts player coughing up blood, and knocked Cliff Avril out of the Superbowl too.

Bolden is a keeper.

I wouldn't mind Thomas as a 3rd down back option here, along with seeing competition from White and whatever other draft pick that we likely bring in.

I also feel as though Ridley could still return on the one year deal that most of us expect, so that's another possibility too. As others have mentioned, we're all curious to see what Gaffney may look like.

Much like WR, I envision a RB group that will likely be just fine for 2015--so I'm not too concerned about this particular position either way. That said, I would definitely like to see a draft pick considered in the top 3-4 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back