PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI poll: Tim Tebow most overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Coming in second is Mark Sanchez
A total of 180 players voted in the survey, with 34 percent naming Tebow. How's this for a twist? Jets starter Mark Sanchez finished tied for second, receiving 8 percent of the votes. Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo also got 8 percent.
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick finished fourth on the list with 4 percent of the players' votes, while Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis (3 percent) was fifth.

Tim Tebow, New York Jets QB, most overrated, per Sports Illustrated poll - ESPN New York

Wow, players dissing Ray Lewis ... THAT is a surprise.

Then again, it was only 180 players — out of , what, 1600? — and he only got 3 percent of the vote (which means five players said he was overrated).

I dont think anyone thinks Tebow is good, it's just a fun train to ride.

Who the hell thinks Sanchez is overrated? I think everyone recognizes that he's horrific. I guess you could make the argument that "horrific" is giving him too much credit, but I don't think any NFL franchise would take Sanchez over their current QB. At least those who are rookies have the chance to improve

Wow, players dissing Ray Lewis ... THAT is a surprise.

Then again, it was only 180 players — out of , what, 1600? — and he only got 3 percent of the vote (which means five players said he was overrated).

Actually 180 players is a very representative number--compare this to political and other public polls which are within a 3% accuracy based on extremely fewer relative numbers.

As to Ray Lewis, to be OVER-RATED only mean your press and public notices have been a bit excessive--which is not the same as questioning Ray's dominance.

Brady was #9. How a guy who's firmly in the conversation for G.O.A.T. can be overrated is beyond me.

He's not over rated by me.

I'm just schocked that anybody still overrates Tim Tebow.

Brady was #9. How a guy who's firmly in the conversation for G.O.A.T. can be overrated is beyond me.
Don't know what % named Brady, but if it was 3% then it was 5-6 guys of 180. Let's see...Cromartie, Sherman, Suggs, Pollard, Rolle...there you go!

Last edited:

Which goes back to my point about the small sample size (and the large number of options — which sets it apart from things like political polling on two candidates): if Lewis was fifth with three votes, how many votes does it take to be 9th? One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back