PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI Now Jumps on Board With Another Story - Unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually a good and fair article. It doesn't really accuse the Pats of cheating, and it told me things about other teams that I didn't previously know.

It's all the OTHER articles that are trash.

Again with the lies: "In September 2007 the Patriots were found to have illegally videotaped Jets coaches during a game, something opposing teams had caught them doing at least twice previously."

No. The Patriots did NOT videotape ILLEGALLY. The taped from the wrong spot. It is still legal to tape the opposing teams' defensive signals.

Disobeying a league memo turns out, by widespread consensus, to have been illegal. So be it. There are contacts in which one should draw the fine distinctions in that, but for this article I think it was OK.

"Another team executive says, “Anybody who has gone in there in the last five years will tell you some sort of problem or snag they never hit any other place. They are the worst hosts in football.”"

Yes - I suppose getting your ass handed to you is a "problem" you don't face elsewhere like you do in Foxboro

I have always felt that the deflategate mess was to get BB. No team in the NFL can fathom that the patriots who have had no superstar players other than Brady can be so dominant for 15 yrs compared to the Steelers of the 70s , niners of the 80s and cowboys of the 90s. They have no explanation when they keep signing marquee players, draft superstars but still cant win it all whereas the pats just keep changing teams and winning . So it must be cheating.

"Teams usually take 53 players to the game and announce, 90 minutes before kickoff, which seven are inactive. But sometimes, at Saturday-night meetings, Belichick tells his staff which players on the opposing team were not on the flight to New England, a source with knowledge of the meetings tells SI. It’s not clear how Belichick knows. But he does."

I usually know too now...damn beat reporters helping teams cheat by putting it on twitter

I have always felt that the deflategate mess was to get BB. No team in the NFL can fathom that the patriots who have had no superstar players other than Brady can be so dominant for 15 yrs compared to the Steelers of the 70s , niners of the 80s and cowboys of the 90s. They have no explanation when they keep signing marquee players, draft superstars but still cant win it all whereas the pats just keep changing teams and winning . So it must be cheating.

BB games the system, within the rules, whenever he can.

So do opponents.

One way they game the system is by influencing the league to go after the Patriots whenever they can do so. Another way is by pushing through rules changes that weren't really needed.

It reminds me of the part in the ESPN article where they point out that in one of the AFCCGs against the Steelers, it appeared that the Patriots knew all of the Steelers' defensive signals. And oh by the way, teh Steelers hadn't changed their signals all year, despite having played the Pats earlier that season.

I had to go back and read that again to make sure I got it right. So the Steelers played the Pats twice, the second time 18 weeks into their season, and they were surprised to learn that the Pats knew the defensive signals they'd been using all year? That's just common sense. They'd probably been burned for their ineptitude multiple times already that season, without even realizing it.

That's the funny part.. EVERY team studies tape from their previous game and that tape INCLUDES audio. So, if the Patriots can HEAR the calls on the field, then they KNOW from the tape study, what that call means..

But, yeah, the Patriots were cheating.. :rolleyes:

One person who knows Belichick well says he does not consider the coach “a cheat.” But he acknowledges that, while others might simply obey a rule, Belichick will search for loopholes and gray areas to exploit—he’ll “study it and take it to the nth degree.

“This guy is two steps ahead of everybody because he is so brilliant. If you’re going to walk the line, every once in a while you’re stepping over. Sometimes somebody has to pull him back in. In his mind, he thinks: I’ll get an advantage and somebody else can figure out if it’s illegal. My job is to coach a football team.”
This is absolutely what I feel has always been the case with Belichick. He isn't a cheat, he is just smarter than everyone else but sometimes you have miscommunications, which are usually the other guy's fault.

For example:

Bill Belichick was told the defense can't push from the second level on field goals. So he lined a guy up on the 2nd level, shifted him to the first/primary level, and had him push, thinking that was legal. The result? Refs threw a flag.

The problem is that Belichick is literally smarter than the guy who explained the rule to him during the offseason. The guy who explained the rule to Belichick in the offseason did a crappy job.

The content and release dates of these ESPN and SI articles, along with Goodell's coincidental appearance on Mike and Mike, to me, provide strong evidence that the whole Defamegate issue was an NFL* orchestrated witch hunt against the Pats.

The NFL* has no remaining credibility as a sports league with fair competition.

Last edited:
These storys are we told you to shut up and take the punishment or we were going to leak everything and anything we can about your supposed past transgressions.

OH NOES!!! NOW EVERYONE WILL KNOW ABOUT THE LUKEWARM GATORADE!!!

Multiple unnamed sources, all talking about looking for bugs and never finding them, suspecting wrongdoing but never finding any evidence, so gripped by paranoia that if their plane lands 10 minutes late they are convinced that air traffic control is under the influence of Bill Belichick

Trying to figure out signals with the naked eye is legal, and most teams try it. Doing it with video cameras is illegal because a team can rewind the tape and match signals with play calls.
Looks like SI needs better fact-checkers. There's nothing illegal about videotaping signals.

Trying to figure out signals with the naked eye is legal, and most teams try it. Doing it with video cameras is illegal because a team can rewind the tape and match signals with play calls.
Looks like SI needs better fact-checkers. There's nothing illegal about videotaping signals.

Please. You're just a fan criticizing professional sports journalists.

Thats right, Pete you weren't facing John Fox.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/08/patriots-cheating-suspicions-bill-belichick-tom-brady?xid=si_social

Anyway, the article paints the Seahawks as needing security and taken extra precautions. What a jokes of an article. I drove by the Cardinals practice facility during SB preparation week. They have a practice bubble as well as an outside field. The Pats practiced outside, right next to the road with some bushes mostly blocking the view. I have included a photo that I managed to grab as we were driving by. As you can see, there were 2 cranes with cameramen. We couldn't stop because unseen in the photo were the security personnel walking the perimeter as well as the police patrolling. As we were making another pass, I caught a glimpse of the white practice jerseys and silver helmets. That was pretty cool.

image.jpg

"Teams usually take 53 players to the game and announce, 90 minutes before kickoff, which seven are inactive. But sometimes, at Saturday-night meetings, Belichick tells his staff which players on the opposing team were not on the flight to New England, a source with knowledge of the meetings tells SI. It’s not clear how Belichick knows. But he does."

I usually know too now...damn beat reporters helping teams cheat by putting it on twitter
I know rosenberg wrote some crap about the pats before too.

They should have warned the #1 defense that giving up 28 points is not a recipe to winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST