PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Pats draft a WR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Center Dan Koppen re-signed for 2 years

Gotta believe either Light or Waters is done. Regardless, the offensive side of the ball is sucking up alot of the cap space....with Gronk and Hernandez in line. It appears the only thin positional group on O is RB.......please don't get nostalgic and resign Faulk. Should be an All-D draft

Ahhh...They signed Branch who runs about a limping 5.5 40 now. That should tell you that TB wants Faulk too. Wrong direction unless you are going balls walls in 2012 for one last SB run before the old folks home. In that case, lets get Forte and Jared Allen and call it a day. Ya get a new set of Draft choices every year...... so what the hell. BB is thinking 07. What did he get from that Draft? One Draft choice stuck that year?

I prefer Vets in Trades or FA but there are reasons behind the scene that have to be terribly interesting. As someone said, four centers.....cool!

As it stands right now 39.6% of the possible present projected 53 man roster was signed after this years' Super Bowl.

I am serious about Allen and Forte. I would trade for Adrian Wilson who cna be had because the Cards are looking at our #27 and #31 for their #13+?
DW Toys

Negative. Still need a WR.
The New England Patriots cut two young wide receivers in calendar year 2011:

Brandon Tate
Taylor Price

Brandon Tate
Taylor Price

How does that change what JackBauer posted, in any way?

Brandon Tate
Taylor Price

I'm confused. Is this an attempt to underscore the pressing need for a developmental wide receiver?

How does that change what JackBauer posted, in any way?
A rookie wide receiver would rot on the bench in 2012, especially considering all the unrestricted free agent wide receivers signed in March 2012. Taylor Price sat on the bench before his release during the 2011 NFL Season.

Last edited:

A rookie wide receiver would rot on the bench in 2012, especially considering all the unrestricted free agent wide receivers signed in March 2012. Taylor Price sat on the bench before he release during the 2011 NFL Season.

Not if they manage to draft a wide receiver who doesn't suck.

Somehow if they accomplish that feat, said receiver isn't going to be sitting behind the likes of Stallworth and Anthony Gonzalez*.

*I think Gonzalez could be a very good player in this league. Operative words being "could" and "be"; I don't, however, think BB is comfortable relying on a guy who goes on IR when he gets a hangnail and thus risking having to rely on a WR corps that, in terms of quality starters, is precisely two players deep.

Ahhh...They signed Branch who runs about a limping 5.5 40 now. That should tell you that TB wants Faulk too. Wrong direction unless you are going balls walls in 2012 for one last SB run before the old folks home. In that case, lets get Forte and Jared Allen and call it a day. Ya get a new set of Draft choices every year...... so what the hell. BB is thinking 07. What did he get from that Draft? One Draft choice stuck that year?

DW Toys

Dear God I hope not. They may cut three out of Branch, Gonzo, Stallworth and Ocho. Maybe letting Branch come to camp was the favor.

A rookie wide receiver would rot on the bench in 2012, especially considering all the unrestricted free agent wide receivers signed in March 2012. Taylor Price sat on the bench before he release during the 2011 NFL Season.

1.) You have no idea whether or not a "rookie wide receiver would rot on the bench in 2012". Obviously, whether a rookie got time or not would depend upon the skill and development of the rookie.

2.) I'll ask again...How does the fact that Tate and Price were cut change what JackBauer posted, in any way?

3.) Just to play your game (and not necessarily agreeing with the premise):

A rookie DL, OLB or DB would rot on the bench in 2012, especially considering all the free agent defenders signed in March 2012.

I'm confused. Is this an attempt to underscore the pressing need for a developmental wide receiver?
Which round and which collegiate prospect are you targeting?

A rookie DL, OLB or DB would rot on the bench in 2012, especially considering all the free agent defenders signed in March 2012.
Completely laughable and only because YOU say so.

Not if they manage to draft a wide receiver who doesn't suck.
Which rookie wide receiver excelled in his first season for the New England Patriots offense during the Bill Belichick era?

Re: Koppen resigned for 2 years

Which round and which collegiate prospect are you targeting?

I'm not a draftnik so I really couldn't tell you.

But with four picks in the first two rounds, it certainly wouldn't bother me if they went:

DE/OLB
DE/OLB
DE/OLB
WR (2nd)

I'm also torn between the recognition that our safety situation is still less than ideal, and the conventional wisdom that the safety class this year sucks. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if they nab a safety whom they really covet, though.

1.) You have no idea whether or not a "rookie wide receiver would rot on the bench in 2012". Obviously, whether a rookie got time or not would depend upon the skill and development of the rookie.

2.) I'll ask again...How does the fact that Tate and Price were cut change what JackBauer posted, in any way?

3.) Just to play your game (and not necessarily agreeing with the premise):

FWIW I agree with Tippett. Sure, if they drafted AJ Green he would play, but AJ Green isn't walking through that door.

Ras-I-Dowling and McCourty both played right off the bat.

Completely laughable and only because YOU say so.

Get yourself a mirror, look into it and say the exact same thing to yourself, because I used your specific language in that line, which was the whole point.

Re: Center Dan Koppen re-signed for 2 years

Which rookie wide receiver excelled in his first season for the New England Patriots offense during the Bill Belichick era?

Specious reasoning.

FWIW I agree with Tippett. Sure, if they drafted AJ Green he would play, but AJ Green isn't walking through that door.

Ras-I-Dowling and McCourty both played right off the bat.

Tippett's been talking out of his ass all offseason, and is doing the same thing here. If you wish to mimic that, you go right ahead.

Terry Glenn was great what are you talking about??? You didn't say head coach! (I beat your critics to the punch) :singing:

Deion Branch was the team's #3 receiver in his rookie year, in both receptions and yards. He was the team's #2 receiver in YPC.

Tippett's been talking out of his ass all offseason, and is doing the same thing here. If you wish to mimic that, you go right ahead.
You're clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick