PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shocking no team came after Bryant

I agree with this take. He's not a starter but had to be one last year. In a rotation or as a depth player he will be fine. Perhaps he backs up Mills at FS.

I agree with this take. He's not a starter but had to be one last year. In a rotation or as a depth player he will be fine. Perhaps he backs up Mills at FS.

Agreed. He gets killed because of the Bills' games where McKenzie destroyed him. But if he was as bad as people say, every team would be lining up a McKenzie type and having their way with the Patriots defense, which obviously didn't happen. I mean, he played 65% of the snaps last year, if he was THAT easy to exploit, no way does the defense rank as high as it did. He's not the next great Patriots UDFA CB, but for a low RFA tender you can find a role for him. The hope is between Marcus/Jack Jones and potentially a new rookie, that role gets dwindled to where he can thrive, rather than resigning him to the Peter Principle.

I also agree. he's never going to be anything special. But as camp competition and bottom of the roster players go he's good to have around.

I understand the Marcus Jones love. At the same time, he was the guy who needed to beat Bryant out for the slot job last season and he didn’t do it.

After the JC Jackson disaster I think teams are cautious about signing undrafted free agent CB's out of the Patriot's system...

I understand the Marcus Jones love. At the same time, he was the guy who needed to beat Bryant out for the slot job last season and he didn’t do it.

He was also a rookie and filling a primary ST role (and then eventually a part time offensive role as well). It might have been as much (or more) about limiting his reps as it was about Bryant beating him out. He got seemingly more high leverage assignments, especially late in the year, like covering Justin Jefferson deep. I think he's prime for a bigger defensive role this year.

I just assumed that it was less about talent and more about the mental side of things. As a rookie, it's a lot to learn. They may have felt that Bryant's solid understanding of the role was worth more than Marcus Jones' much better athleticism but lower grasp of the scheme. After all, you can be the best athlete on the field but it won't matter much if you're way out of position because you didn't execute the play properly.

As @Sicilian says, he was also the PR and learning some offense too for his special packages so they probably didn't want to overload him. Definitely hoping for a big year 2 jump. He can be great.

Unless there are injuries, the chances are Bryant will be a training camp cut who the team would like to bring back from the practice squad the first few games of the season.

If someone picks his contract off waivers, I think the team would be surprised.

Bryant will be better off here next season. He'll likely play somewhere almost every game, even if he doesn't make the first cut.

Confused Jon Stewart GIF

He absolutely did by the end of the season.

He's fine as a backup slot corner with a limited amount of snaps. It's not his fault he was starting last year and often getting snaps at outside corner and even FS

Bryant is a very average STer

Bryant should only play defense in case of emergency.

They signed him because he knows what he is doing but physically can't get to where he needs to be which is why he sucks.

He is better than SlowJo, who was was just signed by the Vikes. After that, I’ve got nuthin’.

To make things more telling... Williams was signed by the Vikings, as no other team showed interest in Bryant. Lol... so a guy that had been either inactive, on IR since he was drafted in Williams recieved interest over Bryant.. laughable

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back