PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shocking no team came after Bryant

If they decide to keep him I hope at some point they release and re-sign him for something closer to his market value, possibly saving 1M+ in cap.

He was restricted though. One more year with us before the bidding war of ‘24
In the mean time opposing QB's are like yesss!
Radio Bremen Hype GIF by funk

I agree with this take. He's not a starter but had to be one last year. In a rotation or as a depth player he will be fine. Perhaps he backs up Mills at FS.

You and Taylor are both Wrong.

Not too worried about it, though he is becoming the Ferentz of the defense. Assuming they can put in even the resemblance of a game plan together for this draft, they should be able to get someone by the mid to late rounds who can bump him off if they make that call. Would think that’s not too hard of an ask

Edit: LOL at that Taylor Kyles tweet. Anytime it’s suggested that maximizing one’s use involves minimizing playtime, that tells you all there is to know.

Last edited:
He is better than SlowJo, who was was just signed by the Vikes. After that, I’ve got nuthin’.
Role / Depth signing... we know exactly what we are getting, so there's that ... Unless he gets better, will probably be his last year here...

To make things more telling... Williams was signed by the Vikings, as no other team showed interest in Bryant. Lol... so a guy that had been either inactive, on IR since he was drafted in Williams recieved interest over Bryant.. laughable

It's not an apple to apple comparison.

Bryant was offered the RFA deal which meant a team had to pay him twice as much as Williams likely got, if they wanted to sign him.

Bryant was offered the RFA deal which meant a team had to pay him twice as much as Williams likely got, if they wanted to sign him.
Shhhhh, you will confuse the trolls with your facts and logic.

Bryant is by far in the top 3 worst defensive backs in the Bill the Coach era. I'm talking guys that actually played - not the typical Bill the Coach special teams bums that might play a few snaps a game on defense. Bryant played overs 50% of defensive snaps the last 2 years (55/61 respectively) and he is utter garbage. You can always count on smart quarterbacks targeting Bryant on third down.
Whether or not it's a "good" contract or not - I know some patfans get off on team-friendly, cheap deals - Bryant is a liability. If he, once again, plays more than half the snaps on defense there will be a a weak spot in that secondary.
I really can't think of anyone who's sucked as bad as Bryant...

Correct! point I was making was that it's telling that by bryant able to actually become a guy who took the field. undrafted was on the the practice squad.. got more playing time than a high second round pick.. not sure what Williams deal was likely a camp deal.. wich is peanuts literally

Correct, point Iwas trying to make is.. Williams was a 2nd rounder was expected to be a factor.. he just never panned out at the NFL level.

Bryant is by far in the top 3 worst defensive backs in the Bill the Coach era. I'm talking guys that actually played - not the typical Bill the Coach special teams bums that might play a few snaps a game on defense. Bryant played overs 50% of defensive snaps the last 2 years (55/61 respectively) and he is utter garbage. You can always count on smart quarterbacks targeting Bryant on third down.
Whether or not it's a "good" contract or not - I know some patfans get off on team-friendly, cheap deals - Bryant is a liability. If he, once again, plays more than half the snaps on defense there will be a a weak spot in that secondary.
I really can't think of anyone who's sucked as bad as Bryant...
Yeah.. that 2021 game at Gillette against the bills was the game I said this guy sucks! He's not even competing with McKenzie.. any other guy not performing would've gotten benched somehow BBs lovefest with Bryant is mind blowing..

The secondary has some pieces but no depth right now.. I know the draft is coming but we need a vet or 2 back there to be in the mix.. Unless we knock the draft out the park and strike gold with another player we draft.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back