PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shawne Merriman leaving SD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with a lot of the stuff on here about the roids....But I do believe the injuries have really had a lot to do with his decline.....I would love to have him sit out this year, get healthy/stronger and then join us next season.....I believe he could get back to or close to his 2007 season if he is healthy again....Would love to see him setting the edge for the pats in 2011.....In 2010 not so much, just don't think he has it right now....

I agree with a lot of the stuff on here about the roids....But I do believe the injuries have really had a lot to do with his decline.....I would love to have him sit out this year, get healthy/stronger and then join us next season.....I believe he could get back to or close to his 2007 season if he is healthy again....Would love to see him setting the edge for the pats in 2011.....In 2010 not so much, just don't think he has it right now....

This is exactly what I was thinking but the one catch is he's a free agent at the end of this year.

Man, I do NOT want to see him on this team. I sincerely believe he's a headcase from all the steroid use, just waiting to go off somewhere on someone.

i dunno i'd take him with a low rick high reward type deal... would love to see him playing with a chip on his shoulder, he was coming off a acl tear and he still had 4 sacks last year

I'm so with you on this 1. Yes he isn't the same player as a few years ago. Still & all he's a very good defensive player. I've always been a fan of his.

I do not understand the whole low risk high reward logic on a player who is MIA for 3 years. It might not be steroids but its the knee injury for sure.

When you as big as him and tear up your knee and lose a step it is all over.
it is not that he is ineffective it is more to do with the tackles are able to block him better with his loss in speed and no explosion.
SD after 2 yrs waiting might let him go due to this . I am always confused how flying from SD to NE will suddenly give him his explosion back?

His skills "mysteriously" diminished overnight when he got off the roids.

He is football's version of Nomar.................much like Theo, I'll pass on this one

There is potential for such a huge reward in a deal like that. He was arguably the best pass rusher in the game from 05 to 07. People love to talk about roids, but he was busted early in 06. He had a great season the following year in 07. He tried to play with a torn knee because he loves the game so much. Last year he had his ups and downs just like Brafy did in his first year back from knee surgery.

So he had a good season three years ago and hasn't done anything since... wow, color me convinced. Sign the beast!

One of the biggest washed up d-bags in the sport

Attachments

• do-not-want-dog.jpg
    do-not-want-dog.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore