PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour in The Driver's Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seymour's 26 was in 2006, before the season had started, and before the new cap number had been announced, correct?

The cap for 2006 was 109M. I believe it was still about 90M at the time Seymour signed.

If it was 90m, then Seymour's 26M is equivalent to 36M. If it was 109, its equivalent to 31M.

Isn't Wilfork asking for 4/32M total? Thats a total contract thats basically less than Seymour's Bonus.

Good way to look at it, regarding the cap increases I guess. I was just going on basic inflation alone.

I understand how the patriots do things and applaud our success. I do understand the system.

But here we are with $6M of cap room, with Jarvis Green and Wilfork both in their last year, and with Jarvis Green being paid more than Wilfork: more salary, more bonus, more cap.

The team can accomodate an increase for Wilfork and still be competitive this year. I do understand that the team is stll looking at free agencts and trades and may need to wait until Training Camp to do anything.

The team can, if they wish, extend Brady and Wilfork (and even Green) before the season starts. Personally, I think that extending Wilfork at $8M a year will improve rather than hurt our competitive position.

It is what it is, mg. That's the system, and it's how we are able to remain so consistently competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News