PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Marshawn Lynch camping with Bear Grylls

Status
Not open for further replies.
IC, your not tough, special or unique and you never have been. Yet you've spent years on this board yapping as if you are.

There's a word called humility....learn it & live it
I don't believe he's implying that he has special skills or toughness that would help him survive. It's probably just a matter of stockpiling rations, equipment, weapons and the like combined with almost a complete lack of empathy.

Last edited:
IC, your not tough, special or unique and you never have been. Yet you've spent years on this board yapping as if you are.

There's a word called humility....learn it & live it

didn't say I was.......but I do have guns and an entire family I've taught how to use them......and I've spent a ton of time living outside

I am reasonably confident that I would not be part of the first wave that would perish

I don't believe he's implying that he has special skills or toughness that would help him survive. It's probably just a matter of stockpiling rations, equipment, weapons and the like combined with almost a complete lack of empathy.

LOL.....you don't know ****

Since I apparently don't know ****, my description must have simply been a lucky bullseye.

you know what they say about stopped clocks......

do you thing giving funny ratings in this instance have any meaning?

you know what they say about stopped clocks......

do you thing giving funny ratings in this instance have any meaning?
No meaning beyond that I think that the post was funny.

didn't say I was.......but I do have guns and an entire family I've taught how to use them......and I've spent a ton of time living outside

I am reasonably confident that I would not be part of the first wave that would perish
I was out of line IC and I deleted the post

I apologize for over reacting

It's a light hearted thread

Believe me, I do think about "what if" and admit I'm not prepared

I had an avid hunter neighbor until last month that was prepared. He & his wife just split up, so there goes my safety net

How much water do stockpile?

Believe me, I do think about "what if" and admit I'm not prepared

I had an avid hunter neighbor until last month that was prepared. He & his wife just split up, so there goes my safety net

How much water do stockpile?

I don't worry about it too much.......the guns and crossbows are just things I've enjoyed doing, and since the boys wanted to learn, I taught the girls, too....including my wife......they may not make the sniper team, but they know how to hit a target

It is a valid topic, don't you agree?
Yes, but I don't think killing is even close to the answer. IMO, having less children and focusing on sustainability is a better, long term solution. I also think we spend far too many resources extending peoples' suffering, especially in cases where the person suffering no longer wishes to live.

No meaning beyond that I think that the post was funny.

whatever.....and you knew what the figurative point I was making with the 'be careful what you ask for' .... you just decided to be a ****

Yes, but I don't think killing is even close to the answer. IMO, having less children and focusing on sustainability is a better, long term solution. I also think we spend far too many resources extending peoples' suffering, especially in cases where the person suffering wants no longer wishes to live.

I have 4 kids......and I put my mom in a nursing home....I must be stupid

I have 4 kids......and I put my mom in a nursing home....I must be stupid
I don't begrudge anyone for having children that puts in massive effort and dedicates themselves to raising their children well.

I also never even implied that nursing homes are wrong. There are lots of people in nursing homes that aren't constantly suffering and still want to live. Ever watched a loved one suffer for months on end because the hospital won't let them die? There's no feeling in the world like repeatedly denying their requests to turn off the machines keeping them alive.

I never implied you had a low IQ.

I don't worry about it too much.......the guns and crossbows are just things I've enjoyed doing, and since the boys wanted to learn, I taught the girls, too....including my wife......they may not make the sniper team, but they know how to hit a target
My neighbor has 2 daughters he taught to shoot competively and one is now an FBI agent.

He took me to his hunting club dinner and I was lost. I tried a few things that sounded palettable like pheasant, duck, goose and deer meat. The goose and deer were horrible, the rest weren't bad. I did not try the snake meat!

I wonder how many times Lynch called Grylls "bawss."

Yes, but I don't think killing is even close to the answer. IMO, having less children and focusing on sustainability is a better, long term solution. I also think we spend far too many resources extending peoples' suffering, especially in cases where the person suffering no longer wishes to live.
Population control IS about having fewer children. It has nothing to with killing. Wow, that's bizarre if you thought that

I'm talking about education and awareness

Population control IS about having fewer children. It has nothing to with killing. Wow, that's bizarre if you thought that

I'm talking about education and awareness
Gotchya. A lot of people, when they talk about population control, think killing "undesirables" is a fast and efficient means. I wasn't sure which side you were coming from.

My neighbor has 2 daughters he taught to shoot competively and one is now an FBI agent.

He took me to his hunting club dinner and I was lost. I tried a few things that sounded palettable like pheasant, duck, goose and deer meat. The goose and deer were horrible, the rest weren't bad. I did not try the snake meat!

none of it is bad if you cook it right.....deer is lean and tough.....never had goose, but pheasant can be good and duck? it can be awesome.......snake is fine if you can get past the fact that its a snake.....used to cold smoke eels with my dad

I don't begrudge anyone for having children that puts in massive effort and dedicates themselves to raising their children well.

I also never even implied that nursing homes are wrong. There are lots of people in nursing homes that aren't constantly suffering and still want to live. Ever watched a loved one suffer for months on end because the hospital won't let them die? There's no feeling in the world like repeatedly denying their requests to turn off the machines keeping them alive.

I never implied you had a low IQ.

you seem very judgy

setting the bar on who gets to die and who is kept alive is a moving target.....I am not religious but I have faith and hope (if that makes sense) .... the only thing that is a given is that dead is dead and that's it

as for raising children, I can only speak for what I have done.......judging the less fortunate is a slippery slope given the unknown circumstances behind their existence......we have a huge portion of our public which has become 'institutionalized' in a way similar to incarceration in that they can't get out of the cycle since the entitlements make it too easy for them to stay.......to the point where reproduction also becomes a crutch

I think I am done with this topic since we are straying too far from both the original point and football in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore