PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Kraft in favor of moving Raiders to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
they don't become billionaires through dwelling on fans 'deserving better
Agreed. Most don't become billionaires until they get their inheritance.

Not surprising. Kraft would probably support public executions by way of guillotine at the 50 yard line during halftime of every home game if it put money in his pocket.

Relax, you three. I'm only half joking.

We need a new name like Goodwin's Law for Kraft = ISIS invocations

Agreed. Most don't become billionaires until they get their inheritance.

plenty of them grew it themselves, but at that level of wealth it doesn't matter how......money changes everything

EDIT: half of NFL owners are self made, half are born into it

Last edited:
plenty of them grew it themselves, but at that level of wealth it doesn't matter how......money changes everything
Only for the weak minded. The best among us aren't so easily corrupted. Only a small fraction of billionaires are self made, including most NFL owners. Most come from money.

Only for the weak minded. The best among us aren't so easily corrupted. Only a small fraction of billionaires are self made, including most NFL owners. Most come from money.

you have no clue unless you're in that spot.....easy for you to say since you will never be there

and as I mentioned before, half of them are self made, but you could make the argument that collectively, the ones born with it is the nicer bunch

you have no clue unless you're in that spot.....easy for you to say since you will never be there
I never implied that I was one of the strong ones.... It's easy for me to say because I was corrupted by money. I chose a career that paid very well instead of following my passion. It was the biggest mistake of my life and has taught a very valuable lesson. You're right though, I will almost certainly never be a billionaire. That said, unless something crazy happens, I will be a multi-millionaire by the time I retire.

I never implied that I was one of the strong ones.... It's easy for me to say because I was corrupted by money. I chose a career that paid very well instead of following my passion. It was the biggest mistake of my life and has taught a very valuable lesson. You're right though, I will almost certainly never be a billionaire. That said, unless something crazy happens, I will be a multi-millionaire by the time I retire.

I call ********......you made the practical choice....the rest is so f*cking cliche

the adage 'money can't buy happiness' needs to be disqualified with 'you can't be happy without it'

I followed the practical route (electrical engineering) over my passion (ski industry) because it was the intelligent choice......I have zero regrets since my passion became my hobby......

I call ********......you made the practical choice....the rest is so f*cking cliche

the adage 'money can't buy happiness' needs to be disqualified with 'you can't be happy without it'

I followed the practical route (electrical engineering) over my passion (ski industry) because it was the intelligent choice......I have zero regrets since my passion became my hobby......
Perhaps if you made the other choice you wouldn't be so miserable today. Then again, a passion rooted in a recreational activity is much less meaningful than a passion based on helping others or advancing humankind.

Perhaps you will learn the lesson someday. It'll hurt like hell at first, but will eventually lead to genuine happiness. You can't take it with you.

Most of the happiest people I know are far from wealthy.

Perhaps if you made the other choice you wouldn't be so miserable today. Then again, a passion rooted in a recreational activity is much less meaningful than a passion based on helping others or advancing humankind.

Perhaps you will learn the lesson someday. It'll hurt like hell at first, but will eventually lead to genuine happiness. You can't take it with you.

Most of the happiest people I know are far from wealthy.

more cliche crap.........I'm plenty happy.....I'm not the one sitting here *****ing that I didn't make the right choice......you sound spoiled.....I'm also not the one here who lives to hate Bob Kraft......since I've realized how watered down people of his ilk are a very long time ago......nothing new here, people, move along.

sounds like you need that long hand to pat yourself on the back ....... such a coulda should woulda moment

I've taught adaptive skiing for the past 20 years.......at least I actually helped humankind rather than wish I did

more cliche crap.........I'm plenty happy.....I'm not the one sitting here *****ing that I didn't make the right choice......you sound spoiled.....I'm also not the one here who lives to hate Bob Kraft......since I've realized how watered down people of his ilk are a very long time ago......nothing new here, people, move along.

sounds like you need that long hand to pat yourself on the back ....... such a coulda should woulda moment

I've taught adaptive skiing for the past 20 years.......at least I actually helped humankind rather than wish I did
Your misery is evident, and the happiness you claim is a lie, whether you admit it to yourself or not.

Admitting that I was weak and one of the ones corrupted by money is far from patting myself on the back. The fact that you interpreted it that way speaks volumes, but not as much as interpreting admitting fault as *****ing. Spoiled? For a time I was. But know this, nothing was ever handed to me and any spoiling was self inflicted.

For the early part of my career, I mostly only helped people that were close to me. At that time, I felt little need to help anyone I didn't know. Not only was I miserable and didn't even realize it, I wasn't a very good person. I'm not claiming to be a good man now, but I am trying to be. I've been maintaining IT operations for a couple of small nonprofits pro bono for 10+ years. Last year I started consulting pro bono for a trust that aids under-funded research projects in the child development and education fields. I've also begun the process of changing careers to one focused on early development and education. I realize all this pales in comparison to teaching a recreational activity on the side, even if you do get paid for it, but I am trying.

You can continue to take blind, wild shots at my character but I would prefer to get back to the original argument. The fact that only half of the NFL owners are self made proves my point. Most people from old money keep a very low profile, and few would ever enter something so public as owning an NFL team. New money is harder to hide, and offers no incentive to keeping a low profile.

The best among us aren't corrupted by money whether you acknowledge it or not.

Another point is that you can be happy without money. Try reading Eckart Tolle. He was miserable when successful and didn't become "happy" until he was homeless. His ideas on suffering and happiness are profound.

Your misery is evident, and the happiness you claim is a lie, whether you admit it to yourself or not.

Admitting that I was weak and one of the ones corrupted by money is far from patting myself on the back. The fact that you interpreted it that way speaks volumes, but not as much as interpreting admitting fault as *****ing. Spoiled? For a time I was. But know this, nothing was ever handed to me and any spoiling was self inflicted.

For the early part of my career, I mostly only helped people that were close to me. At that time, I felt little need to help anyone I didn't know. Not only was I miserable and didn't even realize it, I wasn't a very good person. I'm not claiming to be a good man now, but I am trying to be. I've been maintaining IT operations for a couple of small nonprofits pro bono for 10+ years. Last year I started consulting pro bono for a trust that aids under-funded research projects in the child development and education fields. I've also begun the process of changing careers to one focused on early development and education. I realize all this pales in comparison to teaching a recreational activity on the side, even if you do get paid for it, but I am trying.

You can continue to take blind, wild shots at my character but I would prefer to get back to the original argument. The fact that only half of the NFL owners are self made proves my point. Most people from old money keep a very low profile, and few would ever enter something so public as owning an NFL team. New money is harder to hide, and offers no incentive to keeping a low profile.

The best among us aren't corrupted by money whether you acknowledge it or not.

Another point is that you can be happy without money. Try reading Eckart Tolle. He was miserable when successful and didn't become "happy" until he was homeless. His ideas on suffering and happiness are profound.

I'm not taking any shots.....just what I see

LOL....I've never been miserable, and I don't really give a **** about your resume....good for you and your efforts to prove that you're not miserable.....a clear sign that you are

equating your success to that of billionaires shows your lack of understanding of the topic at hand

that empty feeling must suck

I'm not taking any shots.....just what I see

LOL....I've never been miserable, and I don't really give a **** about your resume....good for you and your efforts to prove that you're not miserable.....a clear sign that you are

equating your success to that of billionaires shows your lack of understanding of the topic at hand

that empty feeling must suck
Spoiled, long arm to pat own back etc. Yep, not taking shots.

If you've never been miserable, then why do you lash out so often like one who is? You're miserable whether you acknowledge it or not.

The only reason I included my "resume" was in response to this shot "I've taught adaptive skiing for the past 20 years.......at least I actually helped humankind rather than wish I did".

It would be interesting to see what you perceive as efforts to prove I'm not miserable... especially after admitting that I once was.

LMAO... you really believe that I'm comparing my accomplishments with that of billionaires? I was talking about being corrupted by money, even if by a much smaller amount. TBH, my accomplishments aren't particularly impressive. Twenty years ago, it didn't take that much for a moderately intelligent white guy to carve a nice career in IT. Such a task would be much harder today, regardless of race of gender.

The empty feeling does suck, and the illusion that it can be filled by material things is both dangerous and intoxicating. Greed is a hole that can never be filled. Life can certainly get me down sometimes, but it typically doesn't last long. The willingness to accept and open oneself to grief and other negative emotions results in tremendous resiliency and appreciation that eliminate such empty feelings. We are not victims.

Here's a short Eckart Tolle clip.

Spoiled, long arm to pat own back etc. Yep, not taking shots.

If you've never been miserable, then why do you lash out so often like one who is? You're miserable whether you acknowledge it or not.

The only reason I included my "resume" was in response to this shot "I've taught adaptive skiing for the past 20 years.......at least I actually helped humankind rather than wish I did".

It would be interesting to see what you perceive as efforts to prove I'm not miserable... especially after admitting that I once was.

LMAO... you really believe that I'm comparing my accomplishments with that of billionaires? I was talking about being corrupted by money, even if by a much smaller amount. TBH, my accomplishments aren't particularly impressive. Twenty years ago, it didn't take that much for a moderately intelligent white guy to carve a nice career in IT. Such a task would be much harder today, regardless of race of gender.

The empty feeling does suck, and the illusion that it can be filled by material things is both dangerous and intoxicating. Greed is a hole that can never be filled. Life can certainly get me down sometimes, but it typically doesn't last long. The willingness to accept and open oneself to grief and other negative emotions results in tremendous resiliency and appreciation that eliminate such empty feelings. We are not victims.

Here's a short Eckart Tolle clip.

oh jeezus.......

720x405-StuartSmalley138442085.jpg

simple candor, dude..........it seem to get you overthinkin'

oh jeezus.......

720x405-StuartSmalley138442085.jpg

simple candor, dude..........it seem to get you overthinkin'
Candor, delusion, same thing. It's been a few posts since you even hinted at the original argument.

Candor, delusion. Same thing. It's been a few posts since you even hinted at the original argument.

well.....your the one who took to criticizing my hobby

do you assume that everyone is as miserable as you? do you also assume that everyone tries to deny it like you?

I've never had an issue with the ilk that owns NFL teams.......that's not why I watch

well.....your the one who took to criticizing my hobby

do you assume that everyone is as miserable as you? do you also assume that everyone tries to deny it like you?

I've never had an issue with the ilk that owns NFL teams.......that's not why I watch
Skiing is a fantastic hobby. Although it can be dangerous, it's a good workout and gets people outside in beautiful places.

Which one of us denied ever being miserable? Was it the one who admitted that they had been or the one who frequently lashes out at people.

It seems strange that you don't take issue with NFL owners, many of whom are complicit in effing over the Pats, yet you take issue with so many ordinary posters and lash out at them on a regular basis.

Most of the owners are petty scumbags. Kraft may have made some boneheaded mistakes, but he certainly shouldn't be placed in that category.

Which one of us denied ever being miserable?

you make reference to weakness in others and then follow it up with "I didn't say I was one of the strong ones"

you were the one who put a substantial amount of work into expressing your path out of misery which in itself is a denial of being miserable

you're the one trying to convince someone of something........I don't give a crap, but you are some kind of bizarre form of entertainment for the moment.......but just like gas, the moment is dissipating

you've convinced ..... you're ..... not ..... miserable

you're the one who delved into this ********...........i'm just along for the ride

Not surprising. Kraft would probably support public executions by way of guillotine at the 50 yard line during halftime of every home game if it put money in his pocket.

Relax, you three. I'm only half joking.

Sure....

The one thing that could make me happy with Kraft again, and you're just kidding about it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back