PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

Asking a previous employer for their opinion on a candidate. Oh the horror!

burning-bridge.jpg

People, and leagues, can accept throwing a game or two in the sense of resting your best players, or sitting on the ball in week 17, or things like that. But they can't accept having coaches trying to lose with in game coaching decisions in the long term of a full season.
Even more, the gambling interests can't accept that, and now that the league is cozying up to gambling, this is gonna be an issue.

Asking a previous employer for their opinion on a candidate. Oh the horror!
i am surprised flores doesnt think the GM who used to work at buffalo would have more say than bill

This highlights the weakness of Flores' case. I mean, his bombshell trying to establish racism is that the Giants asked Bill Belichick - arguably one of the most respected coaches in the sport - for his recommendation on former employees. There is not anything even remotely unusual about this, in either the real world or the NFL world.

Flores isn’t handling this well. Speculating that Belichick influences the Giants hiring because he just thinks that might happen is bad. Of course he is now implying Belichick is racist and told them hire the white dude.
How is he implying Belichick is racist ?
Maybe thats what you would like to think.
By all accounts,Flores has a strong relationship with Belichick.
What hes likely referring to is what happened when Josh McD and Joe Judge were both interested in the Giants hc job a few years ago. Many inside the nfl think Bill steered the Giants to Judge simply because he didnt want to lose Josh McD.
In this case getting Daboll to leave their biggest division rival would benefit the Patriots. I dont see anything wrong with either- Bill's just doing whats in the Pars' best interest.
For you to try to stretch this into Flores "implying " BB's a racist, says a lot about you. None of it good.

i am surprised flores doesnt think the GM who used to work at buffalo would have more say than bill
He is now making a fool of himself and it is very annoying. Even if BB did what he says he did, does he think recommendations don't happen in the real world outside of football? I thought he was more intelligent than this. This appears to be somewhat personal to include BB's text. He could have called BB to talk it out but there is something there. I remember a statement he made about the Anthem protest over police brutality and he seems to imply that there was strong objection raised by someone about the issue but that same person was quiet after George Floyd was murdered.
This one is too much for me now.

I understand what you are saying, but I think the 3 you mentioned actually could perform at an NFL level. They were high draft picks for a reason but definitely didn't work out.

I watched the Cards the years Lindley was there and he was just awful. In his first season, he posted a very low 46.7 passer rating and threw 7 interceptions compared to 0 touchdowns. He was there for 2 years his first time around and then bounced around the league including a preseason stint with the Pats. He actually started some games in his career including a playoff game!
From his wiki page: Lindley threw his first career touchdown pass to Michael Floyd, ending an NFL-record 228 pass attempts without a touchdown to start his career.[6] He finished the 2014 season with a 48.4% completion rate, 562 yards passing, 2 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, and a 56.8 passer rating.[7]

On January 3, 2015, in the Cardinals' first-round playoff game at the Carolina Panthers, Lindley completed 16 of 28 passes for 82 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.[8] He had a passer rating of 44.3 and Arizona lost 27–16.[8] The Cardinals totaled 78 yards of offense, the fewest in NFL playoff history.[9]

I still have no idea how he was in the NFL. His coach in AZ was Bruce Arians if that tells us anything.

PERform at NFL Level?? maybe.....
record % td/int

akili 3-14 46.6% 5/13 td/int
klingler 4-20 52.2% 16/22
leaf 4-17 48.4% 14/36

How is he implying Belichick is racist ?
Maybe thats what you would like to think.
By all accounts,Flores has a strong relationship with Belichick.
What hes likely referring to is what happened when Josh McD and Joe Judge were both interested in the Giants hc job a few years ago. Many inside the nfl think Bill steered the Giants to Judge simply because he didnt want to lose Josh McD.
In this case getting Daboll to leave their biggest division rival would benefit the Patriots. I dont see anything wrong with either- Bill's just doing whats in the Pars' best interest.
For you to try to stretch this into Flores "implying " BB's a racist, says a lot about you. None of it good.
The case is about racist hiring practices and he and he claims belichick was involved and that’s part of the problem.
What is says about me is I can read.

It was clear to me that decision was made with his influence. That’s part of the problem. That needs to change. There needs to be a fair and equal opportunity to interview and showcase your abilities to lead and earn one of those positions.”

Your characterization of Belichick giving bonus recommendations when asked about people who worked for him in order to help himself is far worse than my interpretation that the man claiming he was racially discriminated against believes that man he called part of the problem is racist.

Hurley nails it

".....When a multibillion-dollar corporation puts its unlimited resources behind an effort, that endeavor rarely fails...."
Yeah like CBS fake news for instance or pharmaceutical companies bribing politicians to become full time salesmen for their dangerous and ineffective products. When has CBS ever gotten into a lather over conflicts of interest by the DC gangster politicians and their BIG PHARMA benefactors? Its safe writing about the NFL corruption but low prioroty.

Last edited:
The case is about racist hiring practices and he and he claims belichick was involved and that’s part of the problem.
What is says about me is I can read.

Your characterization of Belichick giving bonus recommendations when asked about people who worked for him in order to help himself is far worse than my interpretation that the man claiming he was racially discriminated against believes that man he called part of the problem is racist.
What? You think there was something wrong about BB steering the nyg to judge because it benefited the Pats? Cmon man. BB was doing the right thing. Best interest of the NEP. Surely the giants are going to take that into consideration. All nfl teams compete against each other. If Im an owner hc or gm im not trusting what anybody from any other team says about anyone. Im doing my own due diligence.
Flores only has praise for BB and the Pats. The BB texts werent anything Flores was mad at BB about- it just showed that the giants had already made their minds up before he even got interviewed- hes mad at the giants not bb.
Now his other comment about BB potentially influencing the giants-again I don't read that as implying bb is racist- that makes no sense given their relationship- but because it gets daboll aeay from the bills- that does make sense. And if thats what bb was doing theres nothing wrong with that.
I think flores only mentioned that because hes been trying to show the giants interview was a sham- they already had made their decision.
I think thats true of a lot of nfl hires.
Where the giants f'd up was leaking it out b4 all were interviewed. Stupid.
Flores' biggest issues are obviously with Ross, whos a known scumbag.
The racism complaint is because what happened to him is something that a number of black interviewees said also happened to them. Its not anything new. We've been hearing it for years. Teams trying to circumvent the rooney rule.
Im not making any jugdements on this. Im waiting to see what comes out that we don't know and how it all plays out.
But the NFL is the one with the prior criminal history here not Flores. But I reserve judgement until all the facts come out. Sounds like you've already made your mind up.

What? You think there was something wrong about BB steering the nyg to judge because it benefited the Pats? Cmon man. BB was doing the right thing. Best interest of the NEP. Surely the giants are going to take that into consideration. All nfl teams compete against each other. If Im an owner hc or gm im not trusting what anybody from any other team says about anyone. Im doing my own due diligence.
Flores only has praise for BB and the Pats. The BB texts werent anything Flores was mad at BB about- it just showed that the giants had already made their minds up before he even got interviewed- hes mad at the giants not bb.
Now his other comment about BB potentially influencing the giants-again I don't read that as implying bb is racist- that makes no sense given their relationship- but because it gets daboll aeay from the bills- that does make sense. And if thats what bb was doing theres nothing wrong with that.
I think flores only mentioned that because hes been trying to show the giants interview was a sham- they already had made their decision.
I think thats true of a lot of nfl hires.
Where the giants f'd up was leaking it out b4 all were interviewed. Stupid.
Flores' biggest issues are obviously with Ross, whos a known scumbag.
The racism complaint is because what happened to him is something that a number of black interviewees said also happened to them. Its not anything new. We've been hearing it for years. Teams trying to circumvent the rooney rule.
Im not making any jugdements on this. Im waiting to see what comes out that we don't know and how it all plays out.
But the NFL is the one with the prior criminal history here not Flores. But I reserve judgement until all the facts come out. Sounds like you've already made your mind up.
It would be unethical for Belichick to do that and totally out of his character.
Flores is claiming racism and called what he thinks belichick did part of the problem. He also invented the idea that belichick had influence. He is calling thise actions part of why he didn’t get treated fairly, and us suing the league that he wasn’t treated fairly due to racism.
He is calling the entire league racist and just said belichick is part of the problem. Why would you think he doesnt include him?

And by the way it has now come out that those texts were before Daboll himself even interviewed. So the idea that the texts indicate Daboll was already hired is wrong.

It would be unethical for Belichick to do that and totally out of his character.
Flores is claiming racism and called what he thinks belichick did part of the problem. He also invented the idea that belichick had influence. He is calling thise actions part of why he didn’t get treated fairly, and us suing the league that he wasn’t treated fairly due to racism.
He is calling the entire league racist and just said belichick is part of the problem. Why would you think he doesnt include him?

And by the way it has now come out that those texts were before Daboll himself even interviewed. So the idea that the texts indicate Daboll was already hired is wrong.
I disagree about the unethical part.
And the giants had already given daboll a zoom interview. IF they hadnt made their minds up already why was belichick congratulting who he thought was daboll via text? I disagree with you about flores implying bb is racist. He worked for him for what ? 12 years? And has had only great things to say about bb and the pats. He reiterated that again either yesterday or today. Said he only had positive things to say about his time with the NEP.
The nfl' s hiring record is a joke. Thats a fact. So Im giving Flores the benefit of the doubt until the facts prove otherwise.

Pederson not Leftwich in Jax. Interesting look after the Flores lawsuit…

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back