PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cool Link Semi-OT: Dorktown: The History of the Atlanta Falcons (28-3 incoming!)

Links to cool things

sean10mm

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
"Dorktown" is a series of sports related videos mostly featuring a guy named Jon Bois that are both ridiculously in-depth and actually pretty funny.

They're working on a series about our favorite punching bag of all time, the Atlanta Falcons. You might not give a crap about their history as a whole, but the whole thing is basically written to build up to the 28-3 franchise doomsday and the videos tend to be peppered with crazy-but-true stories that are entertaining. For what it's worth I've actually liked it so far even though I never really cared about the Falcons before Super Bowl 51's madness took place.

They've released 5 out of 7 episodes, and this Saturday the 6th episode covering through 2017 is coming out. Either that will include the 28-3 game, or it will be a swerve as a joke and the entire last episode will be about it.

The first video in this series is titled "DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO THROW A FOOTBALL?" if you're wondering what kind of show you're getting into here. It opens with some 28-3 (and 28-9 with the PAT doink) talk before jumping to the start of the team's history.

"Dorktown" is a series of sports related videos mostly featuring a guy named Jon Bois that are both ridiculously in-depth and actually pretty funny.

They're working on a series about our favorite punching bag of all time, the Atlanta Falcons. You might not give a crap about their history as a whole, but the whole thing is basically written to build up to the 28-3 franchise doomsday and the videos tend to be peppered with crazy-but-true stories that are entertaining. For what it's worth I've actually liked it so far even though I never really cared about the Falcons before Super Bowl 51's madness took place.

They've released 5 out of 7 episodes, and this Saturday the 6th episode covering through 2017 is coming out. Either that will include the 28-3 game, or it will be a swerve as a joke and the entire last episode will be about it.

The first video in this series is titled "DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO THROW A FOOTBALL?" if you're wondering what kind of show you're getting into here. It opens with some 28-3 (and 28-9 with the PAT doink) talk before jumping to the start of the team's history.

This is great. Thanks. Perfect for my hour long drive from work.

The intro to the first video reminded me how the 28-3 comeback didn't even look like a comeback for a long time in the moment because the Pats kept failing for a while after that.

Like first TD followed by doinking the PAT and botching the onside kick? They ended the 4th further behind than they were at halftime. Then later Brady gets blown up in the red zone and they settle for the field goal. Just getting to 28-12 in the 4th seemingly took way too long for a comeback to actually work.

Part of what made it seem so crazy was how it happened in slow motion, it's not like they had a couple quick scores to suddenly catch up, the comeback was so drawn out in spite of starting well into the 4th and yet it worked somehow.

The intro to the first video reminded me how the 28-3 comeback didn't even look like a comeback for a long time in the moment because the Pats kept failing for a while after that.

Like first TD followed by doinking the PAT and botching the onside kick? They ended the 4th further behind than they were at halftime. Then later Brady gets blown up in the red zone and they settle for the field goal. Just getting to 28-12 in the 4th seemingly took way too long for a comeback to actually work.

Part of what made it seem so crazy was how it happened in slow motion, it's not like they had a couple quick scores to suddenly catch up, the comeback was so drawn out in spite of starting well into the 4th and yet it worked somehow.
This contest is a testament to bearing down, maintaining concentration, not being discouraged by setbacks and building on what works. Brady and the Patriots did what you're supposed to do in a challenging, potentially discouraging situation.

They just came out with Episode 6, which covers everything up to SB51. It stops after them beating the Packers.

So if you're just in it for 28-3, you'll have to wait until the final episode comes out, but if you liked the previous episodes it's more of the same.

Favorite quote, about a Falcons-Giants playoff game: "Viewer discretion advised, this game FCUKING SUCKS" :rofl:

1972- Falcons RB (Dave Hampton), during the last game of the season, was trying to become the Falcons first 1000 yard rusher. When he reached 1000 yards, they stopped the game to celebrate and gave him the game ball. A few plays later he was stuffed behind the line of scrimmage for a six yard loss nullifying his 1000 yard season. Hahaha. He finished with 995 yards.

1973- He rushed for 997 yards. Ouch.

1974- injured.

1975 -. Rushed for 1002 yards.

I'm glad he ended up getting it.

Were the Falcons the least hate-able Patriots Super Bowl opponent? The players were mostly low key, the coach was just a guy, there was no bad blood in the lead-up or from some past beef anybody remembered.

The Seahawks were the easiest to hate by miles, they were a trash-talking punk team led by a failed Patriots coach with an obnoxious bandwagon fanbase using a gimmick stolen from Texas A&M, shattering their spirit was the best thing ever.

Both Rams teams were hateable indirectly because of how hyped they were, the St Louis Rams overall as the unbeatable "Greatest Show on Turf" and the LA Rams for MCVAY IS THE FUTURE COACHING GENIUS OF ALL TIME!!! nonsense that got hilariously exposed. If it wasn't the Super Bowl the 13-3 game would have been 1,000x less satisfying than beating the Chiefs in OT 2 weeks earlier.

The Eagles and Giants were more hate-able because of their fans being human trash than the teams themselves. The losses sucked in a way that losses to [generic team] instead wouldn't have changed really, except indirectly through how insufferable their fans are.

I don't remember giving a crap about the 2003 Panthers either way.

1972- Falcons RB (Dave Hampton), during the last game of the season, was trying to become the Falcons first 1000 yard rusher. When he reached 1000 yards, they stopped the game to celebrate and gave him the game ball. A few plays later he was stuffed behind the line of scrimmage for a six yard loss nullifying his 1000 yard season. Hahaha. He finished with 995 yards.

1973- He rushed for 997 yards. Ouch.

1974- injured.

1975 -. Rushed for 1002 yards.

I'm glad he ended up getting it.
There are Falcons stories which are likewise Patriot-like.

I have family in Atlanta, visited as a kid, first went to college in North Georgia, lived there for a while taking time off from college.

Some great players and games.

One thing: The Falcons did not exhibit very much celebratory ****iness at all, that I saw, even up 28-3.

The Patriots' motivation was self-instilled, led by Brady, as opposed to having our faces rubbed in it. We watched the scoreboard in the context of how much time we had left, and how far we had left to come back. Not to depress ourselves.

Were the Falcons the least hate-able Patriots Super Bowl opponent? The players were mostly low key, the coach was just a guy, there was no bad blood in the lead-up or from some past beef anybody remembered.

The Seahawks were the easiest to hate by miles, they were a trash-talking punk team led by a failed Patriots coach with an obnoxious bandwagon fanbase using a gimmick stolen from Texas A&M, shattering their spirit was the best thing ever.

Both Rams teams were hateable indirectly because of how hyped they were, the St Louis Rams overall as the unbeatable "Greatest Show on Turf" and the LA Rams for MCVAY IS THE FUTURE COACHING GENIUS OF ALL TIME!!! nonsense that got hilariously exposed. If it wasn't the Super Bowl the 13-3 game would have been 1,000x less satisfying than beating the Chiefs in OT 2 weeks earlier.

The Eagles and Giants were more hate-able because of their fans being human trash than the teams themselves. The losses sucked in a way that losses to [generic team] instead wouldn't have changed really, except indirectly through how insufferable their fans are.

I don't remember giving a crap about the 2003 Panthers either way.

Zero hate for the Falcons or the McVay Rams. The rest is spot on. I'd add that the constant whining from players of the 2001 Rams team is somewhat like dividends. Those annual salty tears taste just as good as they did twenty years ago.

Zero hate for the Falcons or the McVay Rams. The rest is spot on. I'd add that the constant whining from players of the 2001 Rams team is somewhat like dividends. Those annual salty tears taste just as good as they did twenty years ago.
Raiders-like in that they promote a falsehood

There are Falcons stories which are likewise Patriot-like.

I have family in Atlanta, visited as a kid, first went to college in North Georgia, lived there for a while taking time off from college.

Some great players and games.

One thing: The Falcons did not exhibit very much celebratory ****iness at all, that I saw, even up 28-3.

The Patriots' motivation was self-instilled, led by Brady, as opposed to having our faces rubbed in it. We watched the scoreboard in the context of how much time we had left, and how far we had left to come back. Not to depress ourselves.
I remember watching that game with my youngest son (he spent a year at Georgia Tech btw) who isn't a sports fan at all but watches the SB and admires Tom Brady. He kept doing the math to figure out what the Pats had to do and the Pats kept doing what he said they had to do.

I still feel some sympathy for all of the Falcons' fans, especially when I re-watch some of the fan videos out there. There's one set in a large ballroom that's awful if your a Falcon fan but great for us Pats fans.

Ain't that the truth.
That kind of stuff used to bother me at first but then I ended up in the same place as you. It's like reliving the feelings from those wins.

If I had to rate all of the teams the Pats played in SBs I'd rank them as:
1 - Giants. The fans I spoke to have always been respectful.
2 - Panthers. The only roadblocks to my online experiences with them were Pats trolls.
3 - Packers. Can't complain really.
4 - Rams. The fans and players from the first time are imbeciles, but the modern fans and players have been better. Maybe the move has taken away some of their sting.
5 - Seahags. An easy bunch to dislike, but I still like Pete.
6 - Da Bears - OMG what a bunch of loudmouths. The funny thing is the loudest are the players from the offense, who were carried by the defense.
7 - Philthadelphia. They're actually close to #32 of all teams.

Really well done videos....entertaining even without the Pats perspective.

Dec 9 1973- Falcons vs Cardinals

Both starting QBs had a 0.0 passer rating for the game. Wow.
Must have been one of those football follies‘ games....

The 28-3 episode is supposed to launch some time today and I'm tired of waiting!

E-sHbw7WEAAkcsg

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back