PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Belichick has "zero reservations" about Greg Schiano

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Patriots coach Bill Belichick has 'zero' reservations about Greg Schiano

"He's one of the very best coaches I think in our profession. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Greg and the way he runs his program and the job that he does," Belichick told reporters. "I would say the most impressive thing for me is the way that our players, which we've had a lot of Rutgers players come through here, the loyalty and the I would say love of the program, the college program that they were in at Rutgers when he was there, how they maintained that for years and years after they had left. Not taking anything away from any other school, but I would just say that it's extremely strong."

Belichick offered his continued support of Schiano on Monday, repeating that he has "great respect" for the former Rutgers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach.

“I’m not really involved in any other situations, but speaking about him as a coach and a person, (I have) the utmost respect and zero reservations. Zero," Belichick said.

Pretty strong recommendation, amidst not a whole lot of people saying anything positive about Schiano (and quite the opposite). Considering the firestorm around Schiano now, that kind of talk from BB suggests at the very least that if BB thinks highly of you, he'll say so, put himself out there, and to hell with the consequences...

tumblr_mg80sryJDt1rl2alco2_r2_500.gif

...he's a man you want with you in the foxhole.

I live in Atlanta (SEC Country) and Tennessee fan is known to be the dumbest in the conference. It’s vile what they did to Schiano. Good news is, NO decent coach will touch that program. Not that it was attractive before. Those folks still think Peyton is walking through the door.

What did the survivors say about Schiano?

just read up there. thats a lot of circumstantial evidence right there.

I have no idea what Schiano did wrong.

Was he aware of what was going on at PSU and did nothing?

Was the job offer recinded because he was a coach there? Seriously?

What did the survivors say about Schiano?

Are you referring to the PSU survivors? Because someone said that another coach mentioned a third hand story from him about knowing what was going on, but both he and the other coach denied that under oath. He was never deposed. Schiano has always been well spoken of by everyone he's worked with -- colleagues and players -- and there's not a single shred of actual evidence that he did anything wrong or had knowledge of any wrongdoing. I'm not sure where you're going with that.

Are you referring to the PSU survivors? Because someone said that another coach mentioned a third hand story from him about knowing what was going on, but both he and the other coach denied that under oath. He was never deposed. Schiano has always been well spoken of by everyone he's worked with -- colleagues and players -- and there's not a single shred of actual evidence that he did anything wrong or had knowledge of any wrongdoing. I'm not sure where you're going with that.

Well that's what I was asking. I just wanted to know.

I live in Atlanta (SEC Country) and Tennessee fan is known to be the dumbest in the conference. It’s vile what they did to Schiano. Good news is, NO decent coach will touch that program. Not that it was attractive before. Those folks still think Peyton is walking through the door.
Actually they think Jon Gruden is walking through that door - delusional twits. Tennessee is so bad they are the 2nd most desirable SEC job in the state.

I wish that Bill had signed Brandon Coleman as a 2014 UDFA, since he likes Rutgers players so much.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
I think Texas A&M should snoop right in for Schiano.

I have no idea what Schiano did wrong.

Was he aware of what was going on at PSU and did nothing?

Was the job offer recinded because he was a coach there? Seriously?

So far's I can tell, it's this 3rd party allegation:

“He said another assistant coach had come to him in the early ’90s about a very similar situation to mine, and he said that he had — someone had come to him as far back as early as the ’80s about seeing Jerry Sandusky doing something with a boy,” McQueary said.

According to McQueary, Bradley identified Schiano, now the Ohio State defensive coordinator, as the other assistant. In response to a question about whether Bradley had shared details of what Schiano had said, McQueary related a conversation with Bradley.

“No,” McQueary replied, according to the documents, “only that he had — I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning — but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.”

'Schiano denied the allegation, telling ESPN’s Adam Schefter: “I never saw any abuse nor had reason to suspect any abuse during my time at Penn State.”'

So one guy said that another guy said that Coach Schiano saw Sandusky "doing something with a boy." Make'f it what you will.

So far's I can tell, it's this 3rd party allegation:

“He said another assistant coach had come to him in the early ’90s about a very similar situation to mine, and he said that he had — someone had come to him as far back as early as the ’80s about seeing Jerry Sandusky doing something with a boy,” McQueary said.

According to McQueary, Bradley identified Schiano, now the Ohio State defensive coordinator, as the other assistant. In response to a question about whether Bradley had shared details of what Schiano had said, McQueary related a conversation with Bradley.

“No,” McQueary replied, according to the documents, “only that he had — I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning — but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.”

'Schiano denied the allegation, telling ESPN’s Adam Schefter: “I never saw any abuse nor had reason to suspect any abuse during my time at Penn State.”'

So one guy said that another guy said that Coach Schiano saw Sandusky "doing something with a boy." Make'f it what you will.

Thank you. This is helpful.

This situation make me sick.

One: If he did see something and didn't report it, thats bad.

Two: McQueary doesn't even have his goddamn story straight from almost 30 years ago and the result is a man is out of a job.

This aspect of his testimony should not have been on the record.

I was wondering when this would pop up here.

I'll start the popcorn...

On Monday, Anthony Lubrano, a trustee at Penn State since 2012, said in a statement that Schiano “had nothing to do with the Sandusky scandal.”

“Any stories about his involvement are completely uncorroborated and without basis in fact,” Lubrano said. “To impugn Mr. Schiano’s character based on hearsay alone is irresponsible and unfair.”

Tennessee, Greg Schiano and Moral Outrage in College Sports

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good protest and a good story, though. Welcome to 2017, my friends. The age of get offended and start screaming first and ask questions later.

They don't want Schiano because they believe he was involved in sexual assault but they want Peyton? Uh..

So one guy (McQuery) said that another guy (Bradley) said that Coach Schiano saw Sandusky "doing something with a boy." Make'f it what you will.

You also have to note that the coach that McQuery cited as telling him about what Schiano saw (Bradley) also testified, under oath, that the story that Schiano saw something and told Bradley about it was 100% false.

So you have McQuery's 3rd-hand account vs. the direct under-oath testimony of the supposed first-hand witnesses saying that McQuery is full of it.

Even the prosecutors found nothing credible there. They would have LOVED to have nailed a guy for knowing about Sandusky and doing nothing, but the facts didn't support it.

But now I guess we live in a post-fact world.

FWIW, Schiano was at Penn State and left before the McQueary incident where he walked in on Sandusky raping a boy. So it probably wasn't something being actively discussed among the assistants. IMHO he has plausible deniability so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

You also have to note that the coach that McQuery cited as telling him about what Schiano saw (Bradley) also testified, under oath, that the story that Schiano saw something and told Bradley about it was 100% false.

So you have McQuery's 3rd-hand account vs. the direct under-oath testimony of the supposed first-hand witnesses saying that McQuery is full of it.

Even the prosecutors found nothing credible there. They would have LOVED to have nailed a guy for knowing about Sandusky and doing nothing, but the facts didn't support it.

Very important point, Brother Palm. Thank you.

It's really amazing how weak and indecisive so many people in positions of responsibility are. I myself have little passion for Coach Schiano's skills and would've sought my Coach elsewhere...But with them having chosen Schiano ~ and he was certainly a very credible choice ~ all they had to do was to step in front of a mike, say aloud what you've written, here, and tell the howling jackals to go pound sand. People respect conviction, if you know what you're doing. They would've laughed, applauded, and shut up, most'f'm.

Could be that these folks don't know what they're doing.

Last edited:

Someone needs to learn how to do better PR at Tennessee, because you just did better than their entire staff.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back