PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle considering Brandon Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seattle considering B. Marshall

We'll who do you want then? Rookies won't cut it. We need one FA receiver or pass rusher...

Kevin Walter or Derrick Mason, for starters.

I like Marshall as a talent, but he's too big of a risk and Moss + Marshall = muchos dineros locked up at the WR position.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Seattle considering Marshall

I would never want the Patriots to make such a move. He wants big bucks and that's why he's leaving Denver.

So the question is really, would you take Marshall over a 1st rounder and a FA you can sign for $8 million (Marshall's $10 mill contract - midrange first rounder's contract)?

Boldin wants 8 mil!!

Kevin Walter or Derrick Mason, for starters.

I like Marshall as a talent, but he's too big of a risk and Moss + Marshall = muchos dineros locked up at the WR position.

Good choices. I would be quite happy with either. Let's hope he signs one of them.

Seattle has the 6th overall pick & if they signed Marshall they would have
to give up a 1st round pick.

What if we offered our 1st (22nd overall) and our 2nd round pick(#53) to
Seattle for their first (6th overall).

We could then draft a shutdown corner in
Joe Haden or a pass rusher like Derek Morgan.

Denver would still get a 1st round pick and we would move up in the 1st
and Seattle would gain a 2nd round pick.

Last edited:

That doesn't work. In order to sign a RFA, you need a pick equal or better to your assigned pick in that round. That is why Seattle would be giving up their own pick instead of the mid-teen 1st they got from Denver last year. The rule is specifically to keep teams from trading down before signing RFA to offer sheets.

While theyre at it, why don't they sign me to be the personell guy, with thinking like that I would probably be encouraged to start day drinking, and have it mandated that my BAC >.20 on draft day :rolleyes:

No way in hell the Pats trade into the top ten. Maybe low teens if McClain slips far enough, but even that isn't likely. When was the last time BB moved up in the first?

They're not just considering him, they signed him to an offer sheet!! That means if Denver doesn't match, they get the #6 overall pick in the 2010 draft! If I'm Denver, I take that pick and RUN WITH IT! Holy cow! They are desperate for wideout talent in Seattle! This effectively shakes up the top of the NFL draft. I wonder who Denver will target here? Could they take Clausen??

They're not just considering him, they signed him to an offer sheet!! That means if Denver doesn't match, they get the #6 overall pick in the 2010 draft! If I'm Denver, I take that pick and RUN WITH IT! Holy cow! They are desperate for wideout talent in Seattle! This effectively shakes up the top of the NFL draft. I wonder who Denver will target here? Could they take Clausen??

Is that a good thing? #6 pick is still quite expensive. Now if they could get into 2011 where there could possibly be a rookie cap, then i'd get excited.

Is that a good thing? #6 pick is still quite expensive. Now if they could get into 2011 where there could possibly be a rookie cap, then i'd get excited.

The 'rookie cap' hasn't been substantiated yet. There might even be a lockout in 2011 for all we know. Denver has the opportunity to rid themselves of a headcase AND get a premium draft pick who could turn into an Impact player.

Last edited:

Add to the mix that Ben Watson is visiting. What if he signs? Their arsenal becomes one of the deadliest in the league.

only if Hasselbeck, can play a full 16 games if not they have Seneca Wallace, throwing them the ball.

only if Hasselbeck, can play a full 16 games if not they have Seneca Wallace, throwing them the ball.

Seneca Wallace can play, as a pats fan u should know that ;)

Seneca Wallace can play, as a pats fan u should know that ;)

That's what I was going to say.

The more it plays out, the more likely it looks like it will happen.

I would have to think that if he goes to Seattle it will be a straight trade for the #14 and not them signing him to an offer sheet.

Seattle has been burnt giving up 1st round picks for receivers before (see Branch, Deion). They better hope that Marshall doesn't blow up in their faces because the #6 overall pick is a BIG deal.

Last edited:
Seattle has been burnt giving up 1st round picks for receivers before (see Branch, Deion). They better hope that Marshall doesn't blow up in their faces because the #6 overall pick is a BIG deal.

Isn't it a new regime now though.

In anycase

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3653

The Broncos will not settle for less than a first-round pick in Brandon Marshall trade talks, according to the National Football Post.

"It's either an offer sheet or he plays in Denver next season," Michael Lombardi writes. The Broncos will not negotiate. Lombardi also expects the Seahawks to have competition for Marshall shortly, although he doesn't say which team would jump in. The Patriots, Falcons, and Bengals make sense.

Lombardi: Broncos want first-rounder for Marshall | National Football Post

Last edited:
I'm not sure I buy the offer sheet or nothing. They can negotiate and trade the 14 and keep the 6. They may get competition from other teams for Marshall but I doubt it comes from anyone in the top 13 of the draft.

Man i want marshall so bad. Perfect replacement for Moss

Man i want marshall so bad. Perfect replacement for Moss

Me too man. I feel like he would be a monster in our offense with Brady throwing him the ball.

I just doubt it happens though:nosmile:, but I hope BB and the FO get it done.

I'd take Asomugha if we cant get a WR:D

Monster contract but the Pats have $

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes