PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sealver Siliga highlight video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bro!

Silliga was a beast later in the season.. I know this sounds like blasphemy but I could def see him taking over the reigns from Big Vince.

These type of reviews back up what we see on tape:

Second-year defensive tackle Sealver Siliga has started the last two games, and Patricia was asked about what it's been like to work with him. "He’s a real quiet guy, but an extremely hard worker," he answered. "He sits in the classroom and gets all the information and asks good questions. ... He’s a strong guy, he’s a big guy, he’s got good size about him, so [he’s] somebody that we try to get in the game to hold the point and be strong at the line of scrimmage and play with good technique."

Siliga, who joined the Patriots’ practice squad on Oct. 23 and was promoted to the active roster on Nov. 27, started at nose tackle and did some positive things which caught the eye of coach Bill Belichick.

“I think he’s a hard-working kid. He’s improved a lot since he’s been here,” Belichick said. “Some of the things we’ve asked him to do are a little bit different than what he’s been doing, but he’s adapted pretty quickly. He’s spent a lot of extra time here, working on his technique and some conditioning in the weight room.

“I thought he hung in there and played real competitively last week against Cleveland. Obviously, he’s a young guy [23] and there is a long way to go, but I thought he definitely did a lot of positive things.”

Quick-hit thoughts around the NFL and with the Patriots:

1. Second-year defensive tackle Sealver Siliga has become an important run-stuffing presence for the Patriots who should play extended snaps in today’s AFC Championship Game. One of the reasons he’s emerged from practice squad player to starter is one-on-one tutoring with head coach Bill Belichick. When Siliga was on the practice squad from mid-October to mid-November, there were a few times that he was invited to the team hotel the night before games by Belichick, who went over film with him for about an hour each time. Maybe it’s commonplace for head coaches to spend such one-on-one time with practice squad players, but that was the first I’ve heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe