PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD loses, KC still alive, Pats headed for 3 seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobgeorge

Reaction score
What this does is give KC incentive to beat CIN tomorrow in a game CIN would probably like to lose. Looks like we'll get the 3 seed unless we lose. The only way KC lays down is if PIT blows out DET early on and the Chiefs are scoreboard watching.

Again, as I said in yesterday's article, I think we would be better off as the 4 seed. Now I see us as the three.

Bob G

Not to drag on the pointless 3-or-4 debate, but I would always want the higher seed. BB will always play for the better and I'm sure could care less whichever he gets and takes what he is given.

If you can't win against every team regardless, you aren't champions. I feel any so-called favorable or unfavorable matchup can easily swing in either direction by simple execution of a well-planned attack and defense. We all know the Pats are masters of that, especially in the playoffs, laying the flat groundwork which can only be helped and risen by a better seed.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
If you can't win against every team regardless, you aren't champions. I feel any so-called favorable or unfavorable matchup can easily swing in either direction by simple execution of a well-planned attack and defense. We all know the Pats are masters of that, especially in the playoffs, laying the flat groundwork which can only be helped and risen by a better seed.

I agree - but just hate playing at Mile High Stadium...( I can't recall exactly what the elevation is, but I'm pretty sure the air is pretty thin... :) )

Give me a choice between taking on the Colts on the road, or the Broncos on the road, and I'll pick the Colts every time.

It seems odd to look at it this way, but we DO control our own destiny, don't we?

I don't know about you, but I'd REALLY like to get a good look at Cassell tomorrow :)

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
I agree - but just hate playing at Mile High Stadium...( I can't recall exactly what the elevation is, but I'm pretty sure the air is pretty thin... :) )

Give me a choice between taking on the Colts on the road, or the Broncos on the road, and I'll pick the Colts every time.

While, yes, I can see your line of thinking (Brady is good in domes and at home) you also have to remember this is Denver in January. We all know about the Pats and that strange, white stuff.

If we can beat the #1 seed Steelers in Pittsburgh in January with Roethlisberger, who was a given playoff melt-down waiting to happen with his rookie status, I think we can beat the #2 seed Broncos in Denver in January with Plummer, who is as eractic as they come.

The Mile High name is also a falacy - I've checked with Google Earth, and the elevation of the stadium is something like 80 feet short of a mile.

I just can't see the Steelers losing to Detriot so I am focusing on Jacksonville. Hope we get a nice little cold snap next weekend.

PatsFanInMaine said:
I just can't see the Steelers losing to Detriot so I am focusing on Jacksonville. Hope we get a nice little cold snap next weekend.

That has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The Pats just need to win against Miami and KC win against Cinci @ KC for us to get the #3 seed and face Pitt in the 1st round.

Cinci doesn't seem to want to win this one and all it might take is for KC to use their sliver of hope early in the game before Detriot falls to get ahead of Cinci.

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:

Reverse English ... very good, Joe!

JoeSixPat said:

Hell, big whoops. Denver has a serious identity problem if the whole "Oh, we're soooooo high up. Why, we've gotta be the highest city in the country, and our air is soooooo thin... ain't we special...?" is the best they can come up with.

Santa Fe is at a higher altitude than Denver, and no matter how often I go there I never experience the whole "Thinner Air" issue... :p

pats1 said:
That has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The Pats just need to win against Miami and KC win against Cinci @ KC for us to get the #3 seed and face Pitt in the 1st round.

Cinci doesn't seem to want to win this one and all it might take is for KC to use their sliver of hope early in the game before Detriot falls to get ahead of Cinci.

I had a brain block, of course. KC can beat Cincy.

People need to stop dissing the Jags. They're a tough team. Heck, they BEAT Pittsburgh earlier this season. The Pats can take the Steelers or the Chiefs if it comes down to it. Or the Jags. I'm not worried! :D

Last edited:
Na_polian said:
Santa Fe is at a higher altitude than Denver, and no matter how often I go there I never experience the whole "Thinner Air" issue... :p

I'm astonished.

Going from sea level to 1500 metres plus (mile high) is a huge issue if you are going to do serious cardio-vascular exercise. I have experienced it and, so far as I know, there is no way around it.

Mike the Brit said:
I'm astonished.

Going from sea level to 1500 metres plus (mile high) is a huge issue if you are going to do serious cardio-vascular exercise. I have experienced it and, so far as I know, there is no way around it.

Maybe it's because I was born and raised in the mountains, spent my youth doing cross country track through the hills, and have bigger lungs? :D

Na_polian said:

You don't know what's it's like until you actually exert yourself physically in that area for the first time. I'll always remember my initial attempt at running - quickly short of breath and a nasty burning throat sensation. It's take a week or so to get truely acclimated to it.

IndyKen said:
You don't know what's it's like until you actually exert yourself physically in that area for the first time. I'll always remember my initial attempt at running - quickly short of breath and a nasty burning throat sensation. It's take a week or so to get truely acclimated to it.

Weird. I go there twice a year (I currently live at about 600 ft above sea level) and hike, climb, etc and I've just not ever experienced anything like that. I've heard of it, but never experienced it.

IndyKen said:

Girly mon.
Try climbing in cross country skis at 9600 feet outside of Breckenridge Co.

Come again?

Why have two of you said Cincy wants to LOSE tomorrow?

shakadave said:
Come again?

Why have two of you said Cincy wants to LOSE tomorrow?

Word around here says word around Cleveland says word around Cinci says the Bengals want to lose for they can play Jacksonville.

Na_polian said:
Hell, big whoops. Denver has a serious identity problem if the whole "Oh, we're soooooo high up. Why, we've gotta be the highest city in the country, and our air is soooooo thin... ain't we special...?" is the best they can come up with.

When I was a boy, we used to jog to Nepal and run Iron Man triathalons in the Himalayas - and we LIKED it by golly...

...these wimpy "pro" atheletes who whine about "needing" oxygen make me SICK!

-JSP reporting from the City of Providence ("The Windy Apple")

JoeSixPat said:
When I was a boy, we used to jog to Nepal and run Iron Man triathalons in the Himalayas - and we LIKED it by golly...

...these wimpy "pro" atheletes who whine about "needing" oxygen make me SICK!

-JSP reporting from the City of Providence ("The Windy Apple")
Sobriety is soooo over rated. :snob:

Two comments:

Altitude in Colorado is a real issue. I used to ski at Vail, which is 8000 ft base and 11000 ft summit. I realize that Denver is 5280 ft and that Vail is a lot worse (you can sit in someone's living room and be chatting in Vail and have to catch your breath now and then), but it is still a factor. A better comparison is a place like Flagstaff, Arizona, a little higher than Denver but not as high as Vail.

I agree about CIN not wanting to play PIT. Same reason for our not wanting PIT. That's why I was rooting for SD to win today. KC has reason to play to win and CIN will only be too happy to accomodate them.

Patriot fans should hope for an early PIT blowout of DET.

Bob G

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back