PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Screw You Manish Mehta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because neither the league nor the media could stomach the Pats receiving the #6 pick after winning the superbowl.

The fallout, outrage & vicious commentary towards the Pats by the mediots and talking heads would be at Deflategate and Spygate levels.

Because neither the league nor the media could stomach the Pats receiving the #6 pick after winning the superbowl.

That doesn't change the violations or the proper sanctions for them.

I remember the days when NY sports teams held residence in the heads of Boston teams' fans and media. Now, the opposite is true.

That doesn't change the violations or the proper sanctions for them.
Agreed, but how often are NFL sanctions proper?

Sucks to be them, l guess they'll just have to build a bridge and get over it.

If the Jets lose their first, it will be the pick taken, not the one given to the Pats.

I was just thinking this. The swap of a mid-round pick (3rd sounds right) is the compensation to the Pats. The loss of a pick is the punishment to the Jets. The punishment will take into consideration all the factors such as: repeat offender, severity of the tampering, etc. Some of the factors may affect both the swap of picks and the loss of pick, but I can't even try to guess the process that they may use to do that.

I was just thinking this. The swap of a mid-round pick (3rd sounds right) is the compensation to the Pats. The loss of a pick is the punishment to the Jets. The punishment will take into consideration all the factors such as: repeat offender, severity of the tampering, etc. Some of the factors may affect both the swap of picks and the loss of pick, but I can't even try to guess the process that they may use to do that.

So swapping 3rd is just compensation for losing Revis and Browner?

Not nearly enough, not by a long shot.

Agreed, but how often are NFL sanctions proper?

I haven't wasted any time predicting what the league will or won't do because you simply can't predict what is going on in that peanut shell Goodell uses as a head. I am only saying what the Jets have done and what the sanctions should be imo. Many use the Briggs case as a baseline but there really is no analogy, and even if you do it still supports a first round pick as the sanction. The 49ers had not been warned about tampering earlier that year, the Jets were warned earlier in the year. The 49ers did not announce their desire to sign Briggs in a national press conference, Woody Johnson did. The 49ers did not subsequently leak details of a huge contact they were going to give Briggs to their beat writer, the Jets did. The 49ers are not a division rival, the Jets are a Patriots division rival. Lance Briggs is a good player, Darelle Revis is a first ballot HOF caliber player. The 49ers never signed Briggs, the Jets signed Revis to a huge front loaded deal the Patriots could not match, and it cost the Patriots their best defensive player and incurred major damage to their team.

The Bears got a 3rd for a mild case of tampering that did no damage, the Patriots deserve a first for the worst case of tampering'S (multiple) in league history,

Last edited:
So swapping 3rd is just compensation for losing Revis and Browner?

Not nearly enough, not by a long shot.

Here's the thing. . . . If you go by the draft value chart, the Bears' case against the 49ers was worth 35 points. The Chiefs' case against the Lions was worth about 5 points.

If the JEST forfeit their 1, I'm OK with a swap of 2s or 3s.

I'd even be OK with 6 for 32 + 64.

Here's the thing. . . . If you go by the draft value chart, the Bears' case against the 49ers was worth 35 points. The Chiefs' case against the Lions was worth about 5 points.

Not me. I want their first.

SUCK THAT JETFANS.

The Chiefs case was a mentioning of non-specific players if available, the Bears case involved a much lesser player who the tampering team did not ultimately obtain.

The Rats case involves tampering with a future HOF player from a division rival and that player WAS obtained by the tampering team.

There is NO precedent for this case.

Manish Mehta is not the Jet's version of Ron Borges.

Mehta actually wants the Jets to win.

And Mehta likes Jets fans... he doesn't try to piss them off.

Manish is 2015 version of Ray Barone. A new show, "Everyone Hates Manish".

The Chiefs case was a mentioning of non-specific players if available, the Bears case involved a much lesser player who the tampering team did not ultimately obtain.

The Rats case involves tampering with a future HOF player from a division rival and that player WAS obtained by the tampering team.

There is NO precedent for this case.

I think the Patriots should also put in for Pain and Suffering, they can use Patsfans.com as their evidence and demand the Jets next five first rounders as the just reward.

After all the punishments are meted out, the Jets penalty if any will swap of positions in a mid round and loss of low round draft choice. I say if because the New York media which the Jets alumni club which runs the NFL listens to is clamoring for forgiveness not a punishment. In Goodell's NFL, the only team that has received and will continue to receive disproportionate punishment is the Pats. We will see what happens when the wells report and Jets tampering report come out and what Goodell does with them.

I think the Patriots should also put in for Pain and Suffering, they can use Patsfans.com as their evidence and demand the Jets next five first rounders as the just reward.
LOL. "Emotional Distress"

If the Jets lose their first, it will be the pick taken, not the one given to the Pats.
Exactly what I DON'T want to see happen. Tampering=compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back