PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scout.com 1 Rounder Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mathews is a good LB. I do not see alot of upside to him. I see a player that you get what you get. A smart-tough-blue collar LB that can line up in multi-roles. I do not think he will ever be a 10 sack guy. I see him getting 5-6 sacks, a heady LB with a future. Can be productive but not dynamic. I really think the Patriots need to get the pure edge rusher-someone that can produce double digit sacks - a Larry English could be that guy-more of an upfield rumbler with great shoulder dip to gain leverage. English could be a James Harrison in time. He is shorter than previous Patriot E/LB'S. Mcginest really played that part well with long limbs-good hips-and great vision. Michael Johnson could be that guy-like Mcginest-long arms-better athlete than football player out of U.S.C.. Belicheck said that Mcginest was one of the hardest players he ever had to evaluate and select because he was athletic but did not have honed skills for a particular position-ala-Johnson.

Is Matthews that good of a pass rusher?

As far as I know he has a grand total of either 0 or 1 sack for his collegiate career of starting all of 5 games. But everyone constantly reminds us that his uncle was HOFer Mathews. (BFD!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST