PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter on Lewis: No swelling yet (good) but ACL loose (bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the video, I would have thought Ben's knee injury a few weeks ago to be way worse than it ended up being.

Scott Chandler has not been disappointing at all. He's a TE2 behind the greatest TE of all time, so you shouldn't expect his stats to be off the charts. His blocking, however, has been very good. A lot better than most of us expected.

If he can DX lewis's injury by looking at a video, what would he have said about Tre Jacksons knee after watching it get bent? There have been other players in the past that looked like they would be out for the year looking at the video of their knees bending sideways, but they have gotten up and played. So i call BS.

I am not defending Chao but the main difference here is that Dion injured himself without any contact. Look again at the replay and you will see that he grabs his knee immediately while still in running motion. I hope for the best but given his immediate reaction I don't expect to see him again this season (and maybe at all).

I am not defending Chao but the main difference here is that Dion injured himself without any contact. Look again at the replay and you will see that he grabs his knee immediately while still in running motion. I hope for the best but given his immediate reaction I don't expect to see him again this season (and maybe at all).
No credible doctor would would diagnose the extent of the injury by watching a video and not examining the injury personally. Before this goes any farther i don't know if chow said that "its an acl" or that he "thinks it Could be an acl"

With all of the injuries we've had I've been thinking about where the roster spots can come from.

Without mentioning any safeties, since that is an obvious area that is dependent on how BB values their ST value, we've got:

Sealver Silinga
Aaron Dobson
Keshon Martin - IR?
James White-wouldn't be a shocker.
Scott Chandler -Poor production, but unlikely due to depth.

Any others?

One of Dobson or Martin are the only cuttable/IRed players on that list. Siliga is a stout DT who has done a good job clogging up the middle, White will now be important if Lewis is gone and Chandler is our backup TE2, he's going nowhere.

McDonald and King are the two names that really stick out from the crowd. Sure they maybe be decent on ST, but they've each only been on the team for barely a cup of coffee and any RB you sign can contribute on ST as well.

Was hoping McDonald/King would go in favor of Fletcher/Jones, but now there's a need to find another cut if a RB is needed....

When I tore my ACL it hurt like hell.. Your knee feels numb for a minute or two. You are able to walk on it. In my case, you will feel pain if you pivot. However, when the doctor looked at me ...there was some play. To make sure, they X-ray to confirm the diagnosis. ....

Last edited:
No credible doctor would would diagnose the extent of the injury by watching a video and not examining the injury personally. Before this goes any farther i don't know if chow said that "its an acl" or that he "thinks it Could be an acl"

I dont understand everyone's issue here. He is giving his opinion the same way pundits are giving theirs. He even emphasizes that this is solely based on video and has no scientific base.

Again I don't give a crap about the guy but also dont mind hearing from an experienced person what his immediate reaction is.

As fast as this announcement was made by the Colts, I find it incredibly bizarre that the Patriots have released no updates on Lewis' injury (especially if it's season-ending as we all suspect)

I really hate hearing that. Tough break for Steelers and Ben.
On the positive side, I learned why it's called a Lisfranc from that article! Cool historical information! Thanks, Chao!

Scott Chandler has not been disappointing at all. He's a TE2 behind the greatest TE of all time, so you shouldn't expect his stats to be off the charts. His blocking, however, has been very good. A lot better than most of us expected.

chandler's blocking hasn't been that good...there's a reason michael williams plays more snaps.
bill is still searching for the perfect #2 to gronk. heck, tim wright was more productive than chandler.

chandler put up decent numbers with garbage qb's like fitzpatrick. strange that it doesnt translate with the GOAT

Thanks for the opinion, Luuked M.D.

I really hate hearing that. Tough break for Steelers and Ben.

It does sound like once again he has avoided a season-ending injury. Even though he has a crazy year with injures, it's even crazier that you could argue he was lucky one of these wasn't worse.

With all of the injuries we've had I've been thinking about where the roster spots can come from.

Without mentioning any safeties, since that is an obvious area that is dependent on how BB values their ST value, we've got:

Sealver Silinga
Aaron Dobson
Keshon Martin - IR?
James White-wouldn't be a shocker.
Scott Chandler -Poor production, but unlikely due to depth.

Any others?

You're joking, right? Siliga? Chandler? White (after Lewis has a possibly serious injury)?

chandler's blocking hasn't been that good...there's a reason michael williams plays more snaps.
bill is still searching for the perfect #2 to gronk. heck, tim wright was more productive than chandler.

chandler put up decent numbers with garbage qb's like fitzpatrick. strange that it doesnt translate with the GOAT

if gronk goes down, chandler would be the number 1 TE easily. we need him on this roster as insurance. he is capable.

Chandler's been disappointing.
I think that many severely overrated what Chandler is. Probably because he got so much of his yearly stats against the Pats. As a starter he's a 500 yards 3-4 TDs kind of guy. He's a pretty average TE. Now obviously he's behind arguably the mest dominant tight end ever, and that will limit his numbers a lot. But I still like what he gives us as a backup TE. There's not that many good TEs in the league, so having an average one for a backup is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes