PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter on Lewis: No swelling yet (good) but ACL loose (bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could be considering timetables, severity of injury, etc. His point there is that a slamdunk IR may have been announced already. (Which, by the way, not sure I agree with, it being 11 in the morning, Just saying that's his point.)
Ya, there's no reason why he'd be on IR within an hour of the MRI coming back. I took it to mean that Volin thought there'd be a "leak" or a "buzz" from someone within the organization.

Can't really compare the two because Rondo is an alien. Oversized eyes. Head shaped like a triangle. Fingers as long as pencils. Awkward personality and trouble associating with humans.....

You're right, we should only be comparing humans to each other, ha!

no he needed help to get off the field
Yes, but he was not carted off and was barely being assisted to the locker room. He was supporting most of his own weight walking off. The main point is, we have no idea whether Lewis' ACL is torn based on how he got off the field.

Don't know if this is off Topic but if Lewis is shut down...I want his replacement to be no otherthan Ray Rice on a Half a year rental. I think Ray Rice has learned his lesson is ready to be a good boy I saw his latest interview.:p Being a way from the game some can do wonders for a player. Knowing how valuable that position is to this Offense I think Ray Rice would thrive here...yeah I said it.:cool:

Don't know if this is off Topic but if Lewis is shut down...I want his replacement to be no otherthan Ray Rice on a Half a year rental. I think Ray Rice has learned his lesson is ready to be a good boy I saw his latest interview.:p Being a way from the game some can do wonders for a player. Knowing how valuable that position is to this Offense I think Ray Rice would thrive here...yeah I said it.:cool:

You're out of you're f$cking mind PF2

I hope Bill doesn't get too trigger happy with the IR like he did with Daryl Roberts.

If there's a shot of him returning, you've gotta keep him on the active roster. Just switch him with White, making Lewis the designated inactive each week until healed.

And we've got a glut of disposable Safeties. Cut McDonald or King and sign Cadet or Archer as insurance.

And cause many issues when you get back on the field.

Dion Lewis is like the Gronk of our Running Backfield with him we were on the verge of having the Best Offense ever. :(

Good points being brought up. Another option is DL plays though it if its not too severe and fixes it in the off season. Shoot up him and get him out there and perhaps use him sparingly.

We've seen it before.

I'd say this is very unlikely for a guy who relies on quickness the way Lewis does.

You're out of you're f$cking mind PF2

It may not actually be all that crazy - TB is the most evil creature that's ever existed, and yet he's still on the team :eek:

I dunna know, man.

If any org can handle the ensuing media bombardment its this one.

However, at 8-0 and all the tumoil at OL, not sure the timing is right. Better these PR-charged issues are fleshed out and exhausted in the offseason and TC

With that said, I'm not sure Rice is still a good player anymore. Hes young but a lotta miles on those tires.

I'd say this is very unlikely for a guy who relies on quickness the way Lewis does.
I agree. A Mankins yeah but not DL

Anyway the longer it takes is probably good news.

I hope Bill doesn't get too trigger happy with the IR like he did with Daryl Roberts.

If there's a shot of him returning, you've gotta keep him on the active roster. Just switch him with White, making Lewis the designated inactive each week until healed.

And we've got a glut of disposable Safeties. Cut McDonald or King and sign Cadet or Archer as insurance.

With all of the injuries we've had I've been thinking about where the roster spots can come from.

Without mentioning any safeties, since that is an obvious area that is dependent on how BB values their ST value, we've got:

Sealver Silinga
Aaron Dobson
Keshon Martin - IR?
James White-wouldn't be a shocker.
Scott Chandler -Poor production, but unlikely due to depth.

Any others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference