PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Logan Mankins to report, sign tender on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to remember this was the same guy that said that Signing Wilfork was bad idea because he might have a heart attack. He Can't EVER be Wrong.

I never said that. You're remembering that discussion incorrectly.

Nothing more need be said at this point.

Indeed. Your inability to keep your argument focused or logically consistent makes further discussion on the subject a waste of time.

Perhaps you could toss out the "fifth grader" dig one more time though.

Let me post the 2 posts again.

The post you were responding to:

Your response:

Your quote made ZERO, AS IN ABSOLUTELY NONE, mention of private negotiations or agreement.

Quote: Deus Irae: Post #258 of this thread:
----------------------------------------
The team has kept Light and Neal throughout the years, and Koppen was given a second deal as well. Despite your claim, the Patriots have not "done it this way for a decade".

Direct Response Quote: Shmessy: Post #262 of this thread:
-----------------------------------------
Those guys negotiated in private and came to an amicable agreement with the FO.
Perhaps, you should turn your example machine towards your binky Mr. Seymour if you want to give us true illustrations.
So, yes, the Patriots have done it this way for a decade and it works.
_________________-

Nice try, Mr. Goalpost Mover.

Last edited:
I never said that. You're remembering that discussion incorrectly.
Really i know i can find it, it was the week Moss was traded. In fact it was the on Thursday afternoon, that week.

Last edited:
Quote: Deus Irae: Post #258 of this thread:
----------------------------------------
The team has kept Light and Neal throughout the years, and Koppen was given a second deal as well. Despite your claim, the Patriots have not "done it this way for a decade".

Direct Response Quote: Shmessy: Post #262 of this thread:
-----------------------------------------
Those guys negotiated in private and came to an amicable agreement with the FO.
Perhaps, you should turn your example machine towards your binky Mr. Seymour if you want to give us true illustrations.
So, yes, the Patriots have done it this way for a decade and it works.
_________________-

Nice try, Mr. Goalpost Mover.

Again.... Your post made no mention of negotiating in private. No matter how often you try moving the goalposts, your response to Reflexblue will still not have talked about negotiations.

Again.... Your post made no mention of negotiating in private. No matter how often you try moving the goalposts, your response to Reflexblue will still not have talked about negotiations.

Ummmmmmmmm......

First five words of my post #262 that you referenced in the post above this one.

"Those guys negotiated in private...."

Dude you are putting on one HELLUVA show today!

Last edited:
Really i know i can find it, it was the week Moss was traded. In fact it was the on Thursday afternoon, that week.

This thread:

Re: OT: Felger to Borges "You're a fraud!"

Deus you'd make a great GM for the 'Skins, seriously.

Ummmmmmmmm......

First five words of my post #262 that you referenced in the post above this one.

"Those guys negotiated in private...."

How are you today? (said while leaning in and looking earnestly concerned).

Dude you are putting on one HELLUVA show today!

I'm fine. You're trying to ignore one post, which is the one I'd first responded to, and to focus another, which is making a different claim. Or, to put it another way.... You're trying to move the goalposts.

I'm fine. You're trying to ignore one post, which is the one I'd first responded to, and to focus another, which is making a different claim. Or, to put it another way.... You're trying to move the goalposts.

Wow.

Dinnertime in the Irae home must be epic.
-------------------------------------------

"Please pass the mashed potatoes?"

"Why do want me to pass the green beans????"

"No, I asked for the mashed potatoes"

"There are NO green beans on the table tonight, stop asking for green beans!!!!"

"I only asked for mashed potatoes"

"You NEVER mentioned mashed potatoes, you kept harping on the GREEN BEANS!!!!"

"Never mind"

"Stop moving the goalposts!!!!!!!!!" (amidst several facial tics)

Last edited:
Deus you'd make a great GM for the 'Skins, seriously.

According to Kraft, the Patriots offered Mankins a deal similar to what Mangold got. Bagging on me because I give Mankins similar worth is an interesting tactic, because it's essentially bagging on the Patriots front office as well.

Wow.

Dinnertime in the Irae home must be epic.

"Please pass the mashed potatoes?"

"Why do want me to pass the green beans????"

"No, I asked for the mashed potatoes"

"There are NO green beans on the table tonight, stop asking for green beans!!!!"

"I only asked for mashed potatoes"

"You NEVER mentioned mashed potatoes, you kept harping on the GREEN BEANS!!!!"

"Never mind"

"Stop moving the goalposts!!!!!!!!!" (amidst several facial tics)

Ahh.... the personal digs are now bringing my family into it. How nice.

Ahh.... the personal digs are now bringing my family into it. How nice.

You're right. My apologies if that mashed potatoes - green beans situation hit too close to home for you.

You're right. My apologies if that mashed potatoes - green beans situation hit too close to home for you.

No apology necessary. I just consider the source. ;)

Bored at work? Train wreck threads on patsfans.com are guaranteed to liven up your day! :popcorn::popcorn:

Look at the timing.
Fall crop harvest in. Check.
Pats on a roll. Check.
Light's matador cape somewhat frayed. Check.

Perfect timing for a return.

lol @ matador cape reference :rofl:

What would Kazcur's reference be???? He is a turnstile:eek:

\
209-320-turnstile-olympics-korea.jpg

My position on re-signing Mankins is this: 3 out of 5 starters on the current version of the offensive line are currently on the wrong side of 30. One is a LT who is still solid, but is probably not going to get another contract offered to him. One is a center whose struggles against bigger NT's and DT's (like the ones we face in this division) have become more prominent this season. One is an oft-injured RG who gave serious thought to retiring after last season.

The way I see it, I would rather sign Mankins, a guy who has done nothing but stay healthy and play hard for us and a guy who is in the prime of his career. With him locked up at LG, we can then move Vollmer to LT should the team choose not to bring back Light. After that, we're looking at spending a high draft pick on either a center or a RG (both will be drafted, IMO, but one will probably be drafted high). Locking up Mankins not only gives us a top five guard for years to come and helps solidify the interior of the new look O-Line, but it also allows us to spend a high draft pick on the front seven next season and complete the rebuild of that area.

For me, it makes too much sense not to happen. I would give him a Mangold type of deal in a SECOND, without a moment's hesitation.

Somewhere this thread went wrong and it should be closed.

With Mankins coming back, it would appear the team just got better going into the second half of the season and already having 6 wins on their back. But are they really better?

The Patriots' offense has only allowed 12 sacks and the running back is churning 112 yards a game. All this with a second string guard?!?!?!

As a Pro Bowler, a Patriot fans may expect him to produce adequately in his first game back and by the end of the season, expectations may be to have him performing at a Pro Bowl level again. That is likely the most realistic expectation I can think of as a biased fan.

But it all begs the question, given the trade of Randy Moss and the offensive transition...

Will Mankins' arrival offset the chemistry that has developed in his absence? Is he more of liability (at this point) than a benefit?

Whatever the answer is, it is good have him back and I hope he is glad to be back. Football fans are great at forgiving players as all we want is "your best" and "wins". We also will forget you once we find a replacement that doesn't make us think we would be better with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes