PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Gronk out a week or two at most likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the flux at o-line, Collins, Hi out. Average LBs, No Lewis, DA and JE and a running game trying to find itself, I'm not expecting rompings anymore. I'm expecting every game to have a narrow margin of victory.
The dominant Patriots offense from the beginning of the season has been chipped away. But we're incredibly still one of the best teams in the league in spite of those injuries, and I'm hoping that we get back some of that offensive mojo as our players recover in time for the playoffs.

I was numb last night, thought the season was over. It felt like Brady in '08.

This is amazing news, completely removes any pain from the loss.
I can't lie and if you look hard enough in the game thread, you'll find where I declared the season over shortly after the Gronk play when he was rolling around in pain. I saw visions of Cleveland in 2013 and I was hysterical. When the positive reports started last night I was tempered. Right now I'm ELATED.

Yeah I watched the rest of the game emotionless after he went down. I didn't flinch when we lost, I didn't care. I felt like the season was over anyway. Amazing news to hear he's ok.
Yup. Ditto. I'll trade the loss for a Gronk every time. Pats with Gronk and #2 seed can win the SB. Pats without Gronk and #1 seed I'm not sure.

Hold him out for both Philly and Houston. Have to make sure he's healthy.

Yup. Ditto. I'll trade the loss for a Gronk every time. Pats with Gronk and #2 seed can win the SB. Pats without Gronk and #1 seed I'm not sure.
That #1 seed is still ours for the taking. Hardest game left on the schedule is the Jets.

If this team gets healthy and enters the playoffs with all the defenders healthy, and Gronk, Amendola, and Edelman at full strength, they should be favored in every game they play.

Now some (Rap) say this injury is one week at the most? Really conflicted on whether I want Gronk to play in that game or not.

I am sure and the answer is emphatically but unfortunately no.

I agree that we do not bring him back until he is ready but i do not think Houston will be a cake walk especially without Hightower or Collins. They appear to be coming together for Obrien and look night and day from earlier in the season.

I agree that we do not bring him back until he is ready but i do not think Houston will be a cake walk especially without Hightower or Collins. They appear to be coming together for Obrien and look night and day from earlier in the season.
I agree, I think that's the toughest game left now, especially with it on SNF. Hard to say where the Jets will be by the end of the year.

Houston isn't next week, its in two weeks. Gronk will be back along with Amendola and Collins should be too.

I am sure and the answer is emphatically but unfortunately no.
I think that team could get to the SB but not win it.

Anyway, give me Gronk or give me Gronk!

Schefter is now saying multiple weeks

now that we know hes not going to IR i felt like I can post this now

egxozyts27wj4hcv4ivq.gif

Schefter is now saying multiple weeks
Suspect the one week is a necessity and further weeks would be, somewhat, by choice. Combining the reports, I am guessing he'd play in two weeks if it were a playoff game.

One game at a time… First thing, get Collins back and get past Philly.

This has been a very difficult ending for a season that started with so much promise.

All is not lost...but this is not how I predicted events would unfold

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore