PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Bill Belichick & Patriots to Part Ways

Trade is complicated when you are going to fire the guy if he isn't traded. This wasn't the Sean Payton situation.
It was just reported that they mutually parted and Kraft said he won’t ask for compensation from any team that hires him.

Dallas is my dark horse. Jones loves BB.

It’s a shame. Kraft hired the man who brought in the culture, structure, and framework of the greatest franchise in the history of the sport. Kraft is now moving on from the man who created what the patriots have been. Now he will start over from scratch, and will probably not live long enough to realize he just made his franchise just another one of the 32.
Kraft could always, I dunno, hire an effective GM and HC to lead the team back to success?

It’s a shame. Kraft hired the man who brought in the culture, structure, and framework of the greatest franchise in the history of the sport. Kraft is now moving on from the man who created what the patriots have been. Now he will start over from scratch, and will probably not live long enough to realize he just made his franchise just another one of the 32.
4-13. That's worse than most of the 32.

Can't think of many coaches who would survive that. And now we know Bill isn't one of them.

The Krafts are not the Sullivans. But if this blows up on them, they will be

Belichick had an unprecedented run for 2+ decades without any meddling from the owner.

And this year we found out that Kraft had a say on who was starting at QB and that he forced an OC on Bill. It's not a surprise we've had our worse year since Bill took over when the owner started to Jerry Jones his way into football decisions.

It makes sense that Bill wanted to leave as much as Kraft wanted him gone.

Too bad the PFT comments are gone. Hope Touchback6 is ok.

The Krafts don’t know what they’re doing. It’s a decision they’ll come to regret.

I also think back in the history of the team. They’ve had 3 owners. Each owner made one and only one good coaching hiring decision. In all 3 cases (Fairbanks, Parcells, Belichick) it ended badly. This is a bad separation with the coach.

The Krafts have done many good things. The Sullivans also did many good things. Kiam didn’t do anything good. But at the end of the day, I think of the Sullivans as not being up to the task of running an NFL franchise (ie they didn’t know what they were doing). In 5 years I have every confidence that this is how I’m also going to think of the Krafts
Robert Kraft made ONE good decision as owner of the Pats, so let’s see if he can make another.

Even a blind squirrel gets an occasional acorn.

Kraft also has a history of caving rather than fight for what is right.

He caved in giving up a draft pick for BB, he caved to Goodell twice for draconian and unmerited punishments for Spygate and Deflategate.

He does not have a great track record.

At least he isn’t as bad as David Tepper….

I hope.

Last edited:
I’m also reading here that people hated Belichicks personality. I loved the guy.

Stop listening to Boston sports radio
I'm assuming you didn't know him personally so what are you basing this on?

Robert Kraft made ONE good decision as owner of the Pats, so let’s see if he can make another.

Even a blind squirrel gets an occasional acorn.

Kraft also has a history of caving ratted than fight for what is right.

He caved in giving up a draft pick for BB, he caved to Goodell twice for draconian and unmerited punishments for Soyfate and Deflategate.

He does not have a great track record.

At least he isn’t as bad as David Tepper….

I hope.
He's hired 3 coaches (I think?), Bill Parcells, Pete Caroll, Bill Belichick. Pretty good...

The Krafts don’t know what they’re doing. It’s a decision they’ll come to regret.

I also think back in the history of the team. They’ve had 3 owners. Each owner made one and only one good coaching hiring decision. In all 3 cases (Fairbanks, Parcells, Belichick) it ended badly. This is a bad separation with the coach.

The Krafts have done many good things. The Sullivans also did many good things. Kiam didn’t do anything good. But at the end of the day, I think of the Sullivans as not being up to the task of running an NFL franchise (ie they didn’t know what they were doing). In 5 years I have every confidence that this is how I’m also going to think of the Krafts
Suicide watch ^ there I knew BB was your God and Master. Gotta learn to let go dude nothing last forever. Vrabel or Mayo could be the new McVay and Shanahan on the Defensive side of the ball.

We don't know the details of the split yet. It's possible that it will be an amicable one, which is what I've hoped for from early on.

Where do you come up with your facts? Kraft has made 3 good coaching hires just on his own.

So you're grateful to Bill for the team's success but not Kraft. What about Tom? Porca vacca!

The pats have been just one of the 32 since Brady left

We've won as many games as the Commanders last two years. We've won zero playoffs games in five years. We were already there.
Don’t be dumb on purpose.

Don’t be dumb on purpose.
Do you think we've been one of the best teams in the league the last four years? 4-13 vs Dolphins and Bills in that span of time.

Thinking of Bill's quote last week where he said he was focusing on the Jets and time to reminisce would be afterward.

Interesting choice of words. Maybe he already knew?

The pats have been just one of the 32 since Brady left
Yeah that’s not how it works. Being mediocre at times while being the greatest dynasty ever is very different than being just another team.

Everything this franchise has been about for 25 years is walking out the door, and it will start all over needing to invent a new identity.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back