PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Bill Belichick & Patriots to Part Ways

I am glad they are having a joint press conference. It should help make this “feel” better, but it’s still rough. I think it was the right move, but hard not to feel uneasy about it regardless.

The crosshairs are now squarely on the Krafts. If Bill goes to Atlanta and wins a bunch of games and the Patriots are still bad, they’ll be crucified by the media. I don’t think Kraft will love being the target instead of letting Bill take all the hits.
It is what it is.

Sad to see, but understandable. It's been a long time and now the patriots enter the great game. Hope it is more like the steelers than the panthers. You never know.

Absolutely 100% agreed. It's bittersweet, but it was time. So much work to do. Who's the next HC ? GM?
Yep No more Double hat wearing HC/GM.

Last edited:
So, basically, he is getting canned. Oh well, time to move on I guess.
None of the wording is super clear on it, possible that he is still under contract and he will just negotiate with other teams and then the Pats will work out compensation with them after - i.e. if Atlanta hires him, they can get a 2nd or something.

But in all likelihood he is probably just being fired and they’re dressing it up better.

Said they’re parting ways but it didn’t say he was retiring

A coach who went with his instincts and didn't just go by the book/conventional wisdom.

Choosing Brady over Bledsoe in the face of intense criticism. Ultimately leading to a dynasty. If that decision did not work out, who knows what happens.

Intentional safety in Denver

Not calling a timeout so that Seattle could get organized in the SB.

I'm sure there are plenty more!!

I wonder if the Vrabel canning expedited this good guy to bring in.

Sad that Bill went out the way he did here….but this move is long overdue….team has been on decline and in disarray for past four seasons. The worst two being last year and this, and there was no way to run it back again next year the way things have been going. I wish Bill the best of luck in the future!

damn, sad day. Closing an amazing chapter for being a Patriots fan...it will always hurt when Brady left, but this one feels like the book is finally closing. With BB at least there was still some lingering feelings of that Sunday magic...now its gone :(

at least we will be rid of that *** hat Joey Judge...

Thanks Bill. Best memories as a sports fan rooting for his teams.

Who else is leaving?

Troy Brown?

The Krafts don’t know what they’re doing. It’s a decision they’ll come to regret.

I also think back in the history of the team. They’ve had 3 owners. Each owner made one and only one good coaching hiring decision. In all 3 cases (Fairbanks, Parcells, Belichick) it ended badly. This is a bad separation with the coach.

The Krafts have done many good things. The Sullivans also did many good things. Kiam didn’t do anything good. But at the end of the day, I think of the Sullivans as not being up to the task of running an NFL franchise (ie they didn’t know what they were doing). In 5 years I have every confidence that this is how I’m also going to think of the Krafts
Kraft has only hired Pete Caroll and BB. I'd say he did a good job with the first 2 coaching searches. They are a well-run and thorough ownership group, they will do everything right in the search but, of course, you never know for sure with anyone until they have to do the job. Also, If you don't have a QB it doesn't matter who the coach is. No team consistently wins year in and year out without a good QB.

NFL Head coaches get into the 70's and the game passes them by a bit, BB rarely used analytics for example, stuck with hiring only people he worked with, hired no new innovative coaches.

It is time to move on, let's hope the next guy is the right guy!

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back