PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Samuel v. Fitzgerald - for all you haters out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP: Time to take that chip on your shoulder and stick it where the sun don't shine.

I'm all for appreciating what Samuel did as a Patriot, but he left for more money than the Pats were willing to give. It's how the business goes sometimes. Get over it and move on.

BTW, if you're going by a Samuel vs. Fitzgerald argument, it looks like Fitz and his 3 TD is the clear winner.

they dont match up CBs with certain WRs. Asante play his side..Brown plays his. nuff said

Not that I'm defending Samuel, but name me one CB that could stop Fitzgerald one on one today. Maybe Scrabble, but I doubt it. Fitzgerald is just a beast. The best combination of body control and hands in the NFL.

I would just say he is the best WR in the NFL.
I love Moss - but I think Fitzgerald is amazing.

That big smile on Asante's face says it all. I'm glad he's gone.

That big smile on Asante's face says it all. I'm glad he's gone.

And I'm glad Asante is out of the playoffs. He was the only individual player I was rooting against.

Was wondering why Jackson didn't run out of bounds with 2seconds to go.

So does that mean if the Patriots kept Samuel they would be sitting at home for the Super Bowl like the Eagles? Just checking.

Sorry, but I think if the Pats were in the NFC, they might be going to the Super Bowl in two weeks. As impressive as teams like the Giants and Panthers were in the regular season, the entire NFC sucked this post season. I think if the Eagles were in the AFC, they wouldn't have gotten out of the first round.

I know the who two INTs by Samuel in the playoffs made interesting debate for people who were upset that Samuel left vs. people who either wanted him gone or felt it was the right thing under the circumstances, but the Eagles just took advantage of a weak conference and couldn't get past a team that did virtually everything to help them steal the game away in the second half of the NFC Championships.

There is nothing Asante could do. Fitz is Fitz...I don't think there was any TD scored on Asante.

Not that I'm defending Samuel, but name me one CB that could stop Fitzgerald one on one today. Maybe Scrabble, but I doubt it. Fitzgerald is just a beast. The best combination of body control and hands in the NFL.

Nhamdi wouldnt shut him down ill bet he'd keep him in check though.

how come ppl (e.g asante) r walking around laughing when they just lost the game to go to the superbowl? thats not right

Nobody can rightly deny Samuel isn't talented or an exceptional playmaker, the issue is he is not worth near on $10 million dollars a season.

Congrats to Arizona. I'll be genuinely pulling for them in SB43.

Was wondering why Jackson didn't run out of bounds with 2seconds to go.

Me too, was pretty clear he wasn't going to score the TD.

Bottom line is the Eagles need a secondary that is overall better but they pay too much to one guy ... Samuel ... so they go home.

u need a physical corner to cover Fitz..Asante can't tackle the guy...Asante is still one of the Top5 corners because of his ballhawking.

u need a physical corner to cover Fitz..Asante can't tackle the guy...Asante is still one of the Top5 corners because of his ballhawking.

Samuel is a good CB, but I don't know if he is top 5. I think he is in the 6-10 range though.

Samuel is a good CB, but I don't know if he is top 5. I think he is in the 6-10 range though.

Samuel is also in the WRONG system in Philly. He would have thrived under Kiffen's and Lovie's Cover 2 systems in Tampa and Chicago, respectively, but in Philly they're asking him to cover man-man, which is WAY too much...and it showed its ugly rear-end today.

BTW-if Burress wasn't such an idiot, those 2 games against the Giants would have been much different results.

There is nothing Asante could do. Fitz is Fitz...I don't think there was any TD scored on Asante.

Believe it or not, Pacman actually did a decent job against Fitz when we played them in Oct. He gave up a TD to him on a fade route, but overall, he did a decent job.

Doesn't matter how great Fitz is, Asante's man-man techniques showed its ugly rear end today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back