PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Samuel v. Fitzgerald - for all you haters out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samuel v. Fitzgerald - For All You Haters outs There

the more I watch that, the more I disagree with people who say that Asante should have made the catch. It was thrown too hard and was on him too fast to time his jump and get his hands up in time.

No. I still think he should have caught that ball, but the Buckner references are unfair. Unless you realize that Buckner was unfairly solely blamed for the World Series collapse.

[X] OP needs to get over it.

this thread is a pile of horse crap

Everyone wishes we had Samuel but he is what he is. He's great at guessing and jumping routes, he also gets beaten and sometimes is made to pay for it; like on the first pass last week that Ellie missed for a sure TD.

Exactly- it bugs me that everyone thinks Eli had an awesome game against the Giants, because he really didn't. The first play from scrimmage the entire game, Asante guessed wrong, gambled, and was beaten badly. He was bailed out by the fact that Eli couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that day, but otherwise we'd be remembering him in a much different light this week, because that was a guaranteed touchdown if Eli manages to make even a half-decent throw.

the more I watch that, the more I disagree with people who say that Asante should have made the catch. It was thrown too hard and was on him too fast to time his jump and get his hands up in time.

IMO Champ Bailey and Antonio Cromartie would have made that catch.

FWIW That ball was pretty high, Assante leaped pretty high but still the ball was at his fingertips.
Didn' t look that easy to me.
It's not like the ball went right into his gut and he dropped it.
Still, I think the Pats FO did the right thing.

I HATE that Asante didn't catch that ball. As one of the supposedly "best" corners in the league, you make that catch.......... PERIOD. High or not, it was right to him.

So yeah............. I guess that makes me a "hater".

take a page from the BB handbook - “I'm not really worried about the other 31 teams,”

This thread is nonsense for two reasons.

One, the horse is beat dead. Those of us who think the Pats made a mistake with Asante aren't going to convince the folks who disagree with us; and, vice-versa.

Second, what Asante does or doesn't do this afternoon has no bearing on establishing whether that decision was right or wrong; one game, even a NFCCG, won't make a difference.

That's what I think, but I'm not going to change the minds of those who disagree with me and they're not going to change my mind. It's been a year. He didn't make the pick. We lost the game. The horse is beat dead. Time to move on. Again.

Last edited:
Asante loses this one if Warner is on ... Asante is Larry's b!tch today.:)

Asante gets bagged for P.I. inside the endzone....

Obviously, Arizona is less then impressed with Asante's skills. They've gone after him like he committed a felony, and he's getting beaten like a rented mule.

Lets bump this every second. Just like everyone else did when they informed us how stupid BB is for letting him go. Two post season INTs doesn't make a monster contract.

One completion on a pick, and one PI when one on one with the best receiver in the NFL; yeah, Asante is getting schooled.

How foolish we are, Asante is just tearing it up out there! Our FO is a bunch of fools! FOOLS!!!!

One completion on a pick, and one PI when one on one with the best receiver in the NFL; yeah, Asante is getting schooled.

Asante will only play one side of the field. That's another reason we "haters" argued that he's a good cornerback who's not worth the money he's getting.

Not that I'm defending Samuel, but name me one CB that could stop Fitzgerald one on one today. Maybe Scrabble, but I doubt it. Fitzgerald is just a beast. The best combination of body control and hands in the NFL.

I love how the moron who started this thread called Fitzgerald one of the two or three best young receivers in the league - he should have listened more to me saying the guy is the best in the league, bar none. No one ever talks about him because he's been stuck in a hole in Arizona, but he's getting the exposure he deserves now. Asante can't hope to handle a guy like Fitzgerald. Maybe this will quash some of the overexposed diva receivers like T.O. and Ocho Cinco. Now if only Andre Johnson could get some more run in nationally televised games...

To the OP: Time to take that chip on your shoulder and stick it where the sun don't shine.

I'm all for appreciating what Samuel did as a Patriot, but he left for more money than the Pats were willing to give. It's how the business goes sometimes. Get over it and move on.

BTW, if you're going by a Samuel vs. Fitzgerald argument, it looks like Fitz and his 3 TD is the clear winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down