PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sammy Morris says Patriots are interested in reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a training camp filler and possible injury insurance. I just can't imagine Sammy Morris being on the opening day roster. That would be that many bad things happened between now and then.

I could see Morris making a fine RBs coach for any NFL team with young inexperienced backs much like Faulk could do someday if the right opportunity came along,but as far as their on the field careers,I think both are done like burnt toast.

If the only reason to sign Morris is to be a camp body, I'd rather they sign someone with fresher legs.

I'd still like the two remaining roster spots to be filled with a D-Line player and a Safety. Not necessarily big names but just two more guys to kick the tires on.

I sympathize with those saying they'd rather see the roster spot filled by another position, or even another RB with more potential to play. But another angle to consider is that it's not just the Patriots with 10 extra spots to fill, it's every NFL team. That's 310 players that the Pats might be interested in that are already taken by other teams now. As they start to cut the OTA castoffs (Gonzalez, Scaife, etc), there's an even more limited pool of players to pick from to replace them than in years past.

I'm sure there are d-linemen, safeties, etc that the Pats would like to bring in for competition, but they might all be on other team's 80-90. Morris is a safe option that won't need a lot of time to get up to speed, but also isn't tough to cut if another player becomes available.

Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk will be on the shadow roster I think. This way we only dedicate ~4 slots on the 53 to RB.

Morris would be extra depth in case someone gets hurt. I don't see him as a starter or anything. But there could be a room for a roleplayer depending on how things shake out. Maybe Addai doesn't look all that impressive, you never know.

Morris would be extra depth in case someone gets hurt. I don't see him as a starter or anything. But there could be a room for a roleplayer depending on how things shake out. Maybe Addai doesn't look all that impressive, you never know.

I've actually read the opposite about Addai. Apparently, both Ridley and Vereen have been looking up to him as a veteran leader. The guy seems to (at least, from what I've been seeing/reading) fitting in quite nicely here.

It's hard for me to imagine 4 RB's on this team, but the 4 here are almost locks (it's hard for me to imagine Addai not making it). Plus, we have 3-headed FB competition going on right now. I can't envision having FIVE (if you include the FB), but one things for sure, barring injury, there simply isnt any room on this team for an additional RB. If anything, we'll have to make a big decision on who to CUT, not who to keep.

I've noticed Bill's doing everything us Pats fans wanted him to do this offseason. I guess this is what we get for wanting Bellichick to sign a million FA. HE'S ONLY DOING WHAT YOU GUYS WANTED HIM TO DO. ;)

So are the Beatles, and like Morris, they are half dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back