PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sam Hurd "I smoked pot every day along with 20-25 other Cowboys"

re: Sam Hurd "I smoked pot every day along with 20-25 other Cowboys"

MA allows medical MJ now. Trying to see if it can include myself in that as i need a rod put in my back but really don't want that surgery...

Aaaaaaaaaaaand he was just sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Must not have agreed to the basic 5 kg of cocaine (paper indicates the facts at sentencing suggested much more was involved). The Northern District of Texas can be tough. Looks like he didn't snitch, and took it like a man (over the next 15 years, Hurd may have a very different interpretation of that expression).

Just because 5%,30%,60%, or even 95% of people may be doing something. That doesn't necessarily make it right.

Internet irony is a beautiful thing.

Nice sig.

Recreational marijuana is illegal in my state. However, medical marijuana is legal in my state. Although marijuana has been legalized in some U.S states for recreational use and or medical use it is still deemed illegal by the U.S Government.

I'll trust that's solely your view - and that all Christians don't equate what is "right" with what is legal - nor would I equate "illegal" with "wrong". (You might also be surprised to hear of some pretty crazy laws that remain on the books, that of course must be "right" because they adhere to the law.)

You've painted yourself in quite a box in which there mere coincidence that the state in which you live doesn't view something as "right" dictates your view of what is right and wrong.

Should your state follow the trend on legalization, your interpretation of right and wrong will again have to shift.

I choose to believe that true Christians have a stronger moral compass than that, and don't change their views of right and wrong depending on what State they happen to be in or the whim of law changes.

I know I would never equate what is right with what is legal - and I don't have half the moral compass others claim to.

And the guy who killed AD's baby is out on bail....

I'll trust that's solely your view - and that all Christians don't equate what is "right" with what is legal - nor would I equate "illegal" with "wrong". (You might also be surprised to hear of some pretty crazy laws that remain on the books, that of course must be "right" because they adhere to the law.)

You've painted yourself in quite a box in which there mere coincidence that the state in which you live doesn't view something as "right" dictates your view of what is right and wrong.

Should your state follow the trend on legalization, your interpretation of right and wrong will again have to shift.

I choose to believe that true Christians have a stronger moral compass than that, and don't change their views of right and wrong depending on what State they happen to be in or the whim of law changes.

I know I would never equate what is right with what is legal - and I don't have half the moral compass others claim to.
I never stated Pot was wrong because it was illegal in my state. I think pot is wrong for many reasons already stated by a Manxman and a few others. I was just telling you about that Pot is Not legal in many states and that pot is illegal by the U.S Government. You are jumping to conclusion about why I feel Pot is wrong.

I never stated Pot was wrong because it was illegal in my state. I think pot is wrong for many reasons already stated by a Manxman and a few others. I was just telling you about that Pot is Not legal in many states and that pot is illegal by the U.S Government. You are jumping to conclusion about why I feel Pot is wrong.

I asked for your views on right and wrong and you went down the path of citing chapter and verse about different state and federal laws.

Recreational marijuana is illegal in my state. However, medical marijuana is legal in my state. Although marijuana has been legalized in some U.S states for recreational use and or medical use it is still deemed illegal by the U.S Government.

There's not too much you can say now to change that. I'd suggest you be a little more open minded.

The world is not that simple, and people should learn to think for themselves when determining right or wrong, rather than parrot laws.

I asked for your views on right and wrong and you went down the path of citing chapter and verse about different state and federal laws.

There's not too much you can say now to change that. I'd suggest you be a little more open minded.

The world is not that simple, and people should learn to think for themselves when determining right or wrong, rather than parrot laws.

Well I am clarifying for you now: Whether something is legal or illegal is not the reason I deem something right or wrong. For instance, if I was to move to Colorado or Washington I would still think Pot was wrong. My basis for right and wrong on any topic goes way beyond legal or illegal.

You are taking my post out of context.

is drinking alcohol "wrong" to you?

Seeing as weed is essentially no longer illegal,

I was posting about the laws based on this part of your quote. Which was mainly what my response was geared towards. Manxman, AndyJohnson, Deus and a few others have already stated the why POT is wrong etc. I don't need to repeat that argument.

"Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be... And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:29-31)"

It's interesting to note that, though the United States was founded in accordance with the Bible and Christian principles, this verse was somehow overlooked when marijuana was made illegal.

Hemp and maryjane is illegal mainly because of it's healing properties and it goes against the big corporations business plans.

They are known to kill cancer (medical). You can make clothing from it. You can make fuel from the seeds. You can use it recreationally, completing with alcohol. You can make food with it. You can make paper from it. The seeds are full of protein, antioxidants and have many other beneficial properties.

The private prison system needs to fill up their cells somehow! If that doesn't explain just how effing corrupt this country is, nothing will!

Even the states that make it "legal" doesn't make it really legal. Federal laws supersede state every time.

And you thought that you're free... :rolleyes:

I was posting about the laws based on this part of your quote. Which was mainly what my response was geared towards. Manxman, AndyJohnson, Deus and a few others have already stated the why POT is wrong etc. I don't need to repeat that argument.

Organized religion is mass hypnotism and manipulation...Jesus would NOT approve!

I missed that.. where did they say Pot was wrong? I didn't see their posts in this thread.

I missed that.. where did they say Pot was wrong? I didn't see their posts in this thread.

They made those posts in the Dwayne Bowe arrested thread. They did not say pot was wrong verbatim but made good arguments against it.

i smoked pot with johnny hopkins...

You dont know anyone named Johnny Hopkins...

They made those posts in the Dwayne Bowe arrested thread. They did not say pot was wrong verbatim but made good arguments against it.

Yet you are the one who said that they said that pot was wrong.

As Joker points out, there is really no explicit statements in the bible against drug use (in the wider sense of the word), other than the in the book of Galatians, which, even then, only disparages drunkenness, and only from the point of the view that desires of the flesh obstructs spiritual development.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back