PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sam Hurd "I smoked pot every day along with 20-25 other Cowboys"

re: Sam Hurd "I smoked pot every day along with 20-25 other Cowboys"

Aaron Hernandez smoked probably 10 blunts a day an was an all-pro TE, Michael Phelps caught caught with the bong and is the most decorated Olympian ever WHY ARENT WE FUNDING THIS (Peter Griffin voice)

So gross the government is allowed to lock people in cages for a plant. Such a shame the prison-industrial complex exists in this country.
The government got him with buying cocaine and weed with intent to distribute. It's not just pot.

I think the true numbers of NFL players that enjoy weed would shock us and also believe the NFL leaves them alone. Can anyone imagine what would happen if they were all tested positive?

Lets get back to that other circus down in South Florida.....

Portis, James, McGahee high - YouTube

NFL players probably get some LOUD. Wouldn't be surprised if half the NFL is cookin during the offseason.

I assume you mean cookies. Chocolate Chip is best.

Weed has absolutely no adverse health effects, why is this still a story in 2013?

Yet it's totally acceptable that they drink every week?

I gotta believe that toking and holding in all that smoke can't be that good for your lungs. Brownies, on the other hand, ....

If it were legalized, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a big snob culture around the different strains like beer and wine now. That guy has a point.

It's decriminalized - and legalized in some places. And there already is that snob culture out there - maybe not so snobbish but very specific in terms of the therapeutic values of the various indicas, sativas and blends.

What's more interesting to me is how those with political connections are vying to be the ones in charge of the non-profit "compassion clinics" - seeking to personally profit from that which they previously worked hard to keep illegal and imprison individuals for.

If they spent a fraction on behavioral health what they do on the judicial and corrections system related to marijuana we'd not lead the world in prison population and could be addressing some much more "real" issues (not that addiction isn't a real issue but it makes no sense to equate casual drinking with alcoholism any more than it does to look at marijuana in the same way)

I gotta believe that toking and holding in all that smoke can't be that good for your lungs. Brownies, on the other hand, ....

I'd bet many of the pro athletes also use vaporizers - basically the same thing as an Electronic Cigarette... no smoke - just vaporized THC.

60+ % of players are doing it. This is nothing new

60+ % of players are doing it. This is nothing new

I am speaking generally here. Just because 5%,30%,60%, or even 95% of people may be doing something. That doesn't necessarily make it right.

With that being said. How were you able to get a percentage of NFL players who do drugs?

I am speaking generally here. Just because 5%,30%,60%, or even 95% of people may be doing something. That doesn't necessarily make it right.
With that being said. How were you able to get a percentage of NFL players who do drugs?

I'd be willing to bet a good deal of money that 99% of NFL players do drugs.

Your conceptual structure of "right" and "wrong" is as quaint and archaic as the 1930's science about THC.

99% of NFL players using drugs would mean that like 17 guys are clean. You don't think there's more than 17 guys out of nearly 1700 that don't use drugs? I'm assuming we're including performance enhancing as well as recreational...I think the number for recreational drugs is higher than a lot of fans might assume, but I don't think it's that much higher than any other subset of people with money and free time to burn.

I'd be willing to bet a good deal of money that 99% of NFL players do drugs.

Your conceptual structure of "right" and "wrong" is as quaint and archaic as the 1930's science about THC.

So do you have any proof or you just going off an assumption?

What are you basing the 99% assumption on?

I am just trying to say just because most people may do something that it doesn't necessarily make it right. For example lets say 8 of the 10 coworkers you work with show up to work late. Just because most of your coworkers show up late to work doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Always a valid point no matter what the subject matter.

The question of what makes something "right" is something everyone should consider.

Is something being legal (and not coincidentally, taxable) the difference between right and wrong?

There used to be a moral high ground (forgive the pun) of those who said "well it's illegal, thus it's wrong" claiming a distinction between legal drugs, like alcohol, and illegal drugs like weed.

Now that claim is gone as weed's decriminalized and even made legal (and taxable)

One can legitimately claim both are wrong given the adverse health and social impacts both can have when abused - though if one wants to do a side by side comparison in terms of the cost to individuals and society of each drug, Alcohol comes down on the losing side every time.

Seeing as weed is essentially no longer illegal, appears to have therapeutic value, and it's adverse effects (of which negative aspects such as "smoking" can be avoided) are far less than alcohol, I can't help but wonder where the "but it's wrong" folks are going to turn to justify that view

(Not saying you're one of them - as again the very question of "does that make it right" is a valid one that should have been applied long ago to alcohol, tobacco and other legal drugs. One just can't help but wonder why it never was.)

I think is 99% means "general idea that lots and lots of pros do drugs"

Or that's at least what he is trying to say

My % is 60% use drugs

The government got him with buying cocaine and weed with intent to distribute. It's not just pot.

I looked at his plea agreement (the Northern District of Texas permits public access to those documents - the copy is an image and too large for an attachment). He is just pleading guilty to the cocaine deal. The life sentence is the maximum (obviously), but if he is clean and the 5 kg of cocaine (the charge is more than that, but ) is all they count against him, he could be looking at 5 to 7 years, or less (maybe much less). If it is a first offense (no real criminal history), the 10 year minimum is avoided by telling the complete story of the offense. If one tells details about other criminal offenses he has information on, then he could get even less. Ratting out the NFL and your boys sounds like he's warming up for the shorter visit to the pen.

Quoting the Joker from The Dark Knight . . . " as for the, the television's, so called plan, Batman has no jurisdiction. He’ll find him and make ‘em squeal. I know the squealers when I see ‘em and…"

Who will be in jail longer...Hurd or AH?

if AH gets off murder he is looking at 10 years for guns (especially in this state..that's a big offense)

Always a valid point no matter what the subject matter.

The question of what makes something "right" is something everyone should consider.

Is something being legal (and not coincidentally, taxable) the difference between right and wrong?

There used to be a moral high ground (forgive the pun) of those who said "well it's illegal, thus it's wrong" claiming a distinction between legal drugs, like alcohol, and illegal drugs like weed.

Now that claim is gone as weed's decriminalized and even made legal (and taxable)

One can legitimately claim both are wrong given the adverse health and social impacts both can have when abused - though if one wants to do a side by side comparison in terms of the cost to individuals and society of each drug, Alcohol comes down on the losing side every time.

Seeing as weed is essentially no longer illegal, appears to have therapeutic value, and it's adverse effects (of which negative aspects such as "smoking" can be avoided) are far less than alcohol, I can't help but wonder where the "but it's wrong" folks are going to turn to justify that view

(Not saying you're one of them - as again the very question of "does that make it right" is a valid one that should have been applied long ago to alcohol, tobacco and other legal drugs. One just can't help but wonder why it never was.)

Recreational marijuana is illegal in my state. However, medical marijuana is legal in my state. Although marijuana has been legalized in some U.S states for recreational use and or medical use it is still deemed illegal by the U.S Government.

Recreational marijuana is illegal in my state. However, medical marijuana is legal in my state. Although marijuana has been legalized in some U.S states for recreational use and or medical use it is still deemed illegal by the U.S Government.

state law prevented african americans from attending "white" universities all throughout the south...it took the US government almost a 100 years to do something about it.

George Washington

First U.S.A. President and hemp farmer.

“Make the most of the hemp seed and sow it everywhere.”

George Washington grew cannabis on his plantations. Actually one could even be jailed in America for not growing cannabis during several periods of shortage, e.g., in Virginia between 1763 and 1767.

An especially interesting diary post from George Washington mentions him separating the Female from the Male plants. The only reason someone might want to do this is if you want to smoke the buds. All other applications for hemp it is best to let the two grow together.

pop goes another balloon of ignorance....

state law prevented african americans from attending "white" universities all throughout the south...it took the US government almost a 100 years to do something about it.

George Washington

First U.S.A. President and hemp farmer.

“Make the most of the hemp seed and sow it everywhere.”

George Washington grew cannabis on his plantations. Actually one could even be jailed in America for not growing cannabis during several periods of shortage, e.g., in Virginia between 1763 and 1767.

An especially interesting diary post from George Washington mentions him separating the Female from the Male plants. The only reason someone might want to do this is if you want to smoke the buds. All other applications for hemp it is best to let the two grow together.

pop goes another balloon of ignorance....

So what are you trying to tell me?

what balloon of ignorance?

Are you saying my post was ignorant or you just speaking in general terms?

I think you are trying to say that even though POT is illegal at the government level, the government might let it go if it is legal at the state level. It looks like the U.S government won't intervene in regard to Colorado and Washington legalizing recreational pot use. That doesn't take away the fact that Pot is still deemed illegal by U.S Government. All in all I was just trying to say it might be legal in certain states, but it still doesn't make it legal at the government level. I originally in my other post never stated whether the government would or wouldn't do anything about it. Although in this post I am concluding that at this point in time the U.S Government isn't going to intervene in regards to Colorado and Washington based on the article I added to this post.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/29/politics/holder-marijuana-laws/
Small Excerpt from article below
"Attorney General Eric Holder, in a conference call Thursday morning, notified the governors of Colorado and Washington that the department, for now, will not seek to pre-empt those states' laws, which followed voters' approval of ballot measures that legalized recreational marijuana use."

"Marijuana will remain illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. But a department memo to federal prosecutors tightened federal marijuana prosecution standards."

Who will be in jail longer...Hurd or AH?

if AH gets off murder he is looking at 10 years for guns (especially in this state..that's a big offense)

Tough to compare State and federal as the feds don't do parole. But I would bet the feds are watching his State case to see if the sentence is high enough, and may visit some misfortune on AH if the sentence is too low. I think the smart money would be on AH by a landslide, unless there is some legal revelation on the police investigation and/or evidence. Guns and murder are bad news, State or federal.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back