Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Patriots Salary Cap Guru
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
1.) The NFLPA public salary cap report
https://nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report now covers the 2015 season
2.) It appears that the NFLPA report has not yet adjusted for reached NLTBE incentives or unreached LTBE incentives from the 2014 season. Example, Vollmer's 2015 $1.75 million playing-time incentive is now LTBE for the 2015 season.
3.) The biggest change during the BB era in how the Patriots construct their contracts is the increased use of 46-man active roster bonuses. In the beginning (2000-2004) there were very few, if any, such clauses. Now most veterans have them. 15 of 21 in 2015.
4.) Revis has the highest cap number of any cornerback in 2015. Vollmer has the highest cap number of any right tackle in 2015. Gronkowski has the 3rd highest cap number of any tight end in 2015. Mayo - 2nd of any ILB. Wilfork - 5th highest of any defensive tackle.
5.) If the cap is crap, how does one explain how the Steelers who played the two worst divisions (NFC South and AFC South) and was among the healthiest teams in the league (4 players on IR) was not able to construct a Super Bowl winning team this year?
6.) Doubt that any other team has two players with weight clauses as does the Patriots.
7.) Blog post that I wish that I had time to complete before today's game - why the Mankins trade was the right move for 2014 and for the future.

Hey, im sure this was probably discussed last weekend but i was away and since the game was irrelevant i didnt pay much attention. Did Vince make his playing time incentive?

Hey, im sure this was probably discussed last weekend but i was away and since the game was irrelevant i didnt pay much attention. Did Vince make his playing time incentive?

Yes, which is why Wilfork's 2015 cap number will be $8,933,333

Should have mentioned during the Brady restructure hullabaloo that Gronk's 2015 $4.75m salary and $250,000 offseason workout bonus money becomes fully guaranteed

8.) Suspect that the $6.44 million includes a credit for the Aaron Hernandez grievance. The $6.44 million is more than the ending cap space

Wilfork is going to have to renegotiate for half of that.
Heres hoping he retires with a Superbowl Victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3