Welcome to PatsFans.com

Saints fans still complaining about the refs

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by TommyBrady12, Oct 15, 2013.

1. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Saints Super Forum (Main Board) - New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards

Their message board is full of threads complaining about the officials. Apparently it's a league-wide conspiracy to prevent the saints from winning another super bowl. Do any of you honestly think the officiating, while it wasn't great, determined the outcome of the game? Granted, i think the false start penalty was a bad one as well as the catch in the 4th quarter that hit the ground (but didn't lead to any points). The brees non-timeout was a bit puzzling too, then again drew waited until the very last second to call timeout - there you argue that the officials were helping the saints by not calling a delay of game, it's not their fault drew threw the ball up for grabs. Oh, and on the game winning TD, Solder apparently held junior galette - i saw a replay of it and it looked like solder didn't grab galette from the outside, which is what usually leads to a holding penalty.

Did the Patriots get away with holding on the game-winning touchdown? - SBNation.com

Saints vs. Patriots 2013: Referees Missed Holding Call on Final Tom Brady Play - Canal Street Chronicles

Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts.
  2. dannydyn

dannydyn PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Who gives a rat's ass, we won. There have been plenty of $hitty officiating moves made against us along the years as well.... I couldn't care less.

Just recently, we got screwed on the non-hold call in the Atlanta game. Just a quick example.

Saints might have a case to complain, but you know what, so does every other team. No such thing as perfect officiating.

Move on, nothing to see here.
  3. chasa

chasa Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    this is to be expected.

The refs were HORRENDOUS the entire game, ticky tack calls, wrong calls, no calls. there was Zero consistency, and the saints ended up on the losing end.
  4. Nunchucks

Nunchucks Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If the refs have an effect on whether your team wins or loses the game, then your team did not deserve to win.
  5. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#12 Jersey
    The funny thing is they make fun of the Falcon fans for the same type of whining. That said I think the refs were subpar and NO certainly got screwed on the false start. As far as holding on Junior they should watch some of the no calls against whoever is blocking Chandler Jones. As for our own screw job if you're calling offensive pass interference against Dobson then Stills should have gotten one on the go-ahead TD as well.
  6. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

My thoughts are they're acting like a bunch of butt hurt children who expected to walk in there and dominate and now they're looking for excuses and going with the age old "refs" and "Patriots cheated."

As far as the calls:

The false start call was wrong, bad call. That said, there was a hold the play before that which wasn't called, ironically, so screw them.

The non TO call was also odd, but again they're only complaining because Brees was an idiot and threw a pick. If he completes a 20 yard pass to Graham they don't care, so once again screw them. No one made Brees throw that ball.

They're also complaining about the Patriots getting 4 timeouts which didn't happen and completely ignoring that Stills pushed down on Dennard with both hands on the go ahead TD to prevent him from getting the height on breaking up the pass.

Honestly, we complained less about the hold on the Tyree play and that not only cost us a perfect season but we have to watch that damn play almost every week in various commercials. That to me is the worst part, the narrative is always how the Pats get all the calls and this goes back to the tuck rule but they blatantly ignore the missed touchback in 2005, the BS faceguarding in 2006, and the lack of hold on the Tyree play in 2007, all of which were much bigger deals that some week 6 game that has almost no bearing on their divisional status.
  7. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I thought the refs called a great game. I especially liked the way they called (or, rather, didn't call) pass interference penalties.
  8. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

They've spent YEARS crapping on Vikings fans for whining about the NFC title game and they're acting infinitely worse about a friggin week 6 out of conference game.
  9. edboc

edboc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It's called home field advantage. The refs were terrible, they could have called back the TD for holding on Solder.
  10. Danger Zone

Danger Zone Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

And I guarantee that if you go back to every single one of their scoring plays and look at the tape you will find examples of them making penalties.

This stuff happens every play. It's football.
  11. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I see that all the time but rarely see it get called. At this point I wonder if there is some technical rule that makes it legal.
  12. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

It's actually worse on the Jets board. Not only have they complained about the non-holding call on the final play, they have complained about Talib getting away with holding on every play (ironic since Revis got away with it more than anyone when he was with the Jets) and the refs giving the Pats an extra time out (it was a Fox broadcast mistake).
  13. Big-T

Big-T Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#51 Jersey
    Unless the defender is pulled to the ground or the hold springs a runner it's rare to see holding called at all now.

On the subject of holding/transgressions by the OL though - ESPN's Sunday Sounds or whatever it's called at HT last night they showed Suggs (doesn't he complain that Brady calls for flags?) whining at an official that the Packers LT was pushing his face "every play" and sure enough a couple of plays later guess what? He gets a flag! Maybe Chandler Jones should try that approach from now on.
  14. jimache

jimache PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

... they should keep their mouths shut ... if anyone has an account on their board, remind them about the 2009 playoff game against the Vikings... There were 4 consecutive horrendous calls in their favor in the last 3 mins before Favre's dumb ***** pass that got intercepted. Vikings got raped up the arse that day. :mad:
  15. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

That's the hilarious part. They've been calling the Vikings fans crybabies for years now and here they are putting columns in the newspaper about a holding call in week 6.
  16. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

They're also whining that the hit on Thompkins was flagged and not the one on Sproles ignoring the fact that in real time Thompkins helmet moves and Sproles' does not. When refs see a hit like that and the helmet jarred it's flagged 100% of the time in todays NFL, they don't have the benefit of hindsight and replays.
  17. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I did and they gave a "penalty" for trolling.
  18. JMC00

JMC00 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

This is one complaint I've seen that really makes them sound like whiners.

1st & 10 after the Pats turned over on downs. Saints run the ball, Pats call their first TO.
    After that TO both teams line up and the Saints call a TO
    Saints run the ball after that TO and NE calls their 2nd TO
    After the Brady INT Saints run the ball and that's when the Pats called their last TO.

They're literally complaining about something that is just false, friggen babies.
  19. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

No kidding. and they're still talking about it. Don't you think that If that actually happened the media would be jumping on it and killing the Pats by now? Do they think their coaching staff is so dumb they don't realize how many time outs the Patriots have?
  20. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    Excuses are for people that need them.
  21. ThatllMoveTheChains!!!

ThatllMoveTheChains!!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The fans propagating this crap seem to have a casual relationship with reality. As with any fan base I feel for the good fans to be lumped in with the awful ones, but man the amount of fuss over some pretty standard officiating...
  22. JMC00

JMC00 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

They also could have called back the Stills TD for OPI and it would have been 3rd and 30 or maybe Belichick declines it and it becomes 4th and 20.
  23. patfanken

patfanken Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#91 Jersey
    I'm not usually one who complains about the refs. Why should they have to be perfect while the players and coaches are allowed to be imperfect. Saints fans are being incredibly hypocritical and disingenuous. I thought the Saints OL held more land got called less for it than any team I've seen this year.

The 4th down call against the Saints was a blown call. Big deal, it happened and it happened early. I can't understand how fans will focus on calls that didn't go their way, but blatantly ignore all the ones they got.

BTW- I didn't think Stills interfered with Dennard on the Saints final TD, but I also don't think that Dobson committed OPI.
  24. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I think if you call one you call the other

Their conspiracy theories are laughable. They're about 4 seconds away from showing the Zapruder film and saying "if you look closely you will see Pat Patriot on the grassy knoll."
  25. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Yeah, that headshot penalty on whoever hit Amendola was really unfair. Oh wait....
  26. ivanvamp

ivanvamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Well, we still complain about the lack of holding calls on the ridiculous Tyree play in SB 42.
  27. doesntmatter1

doesntmatter1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The ref crew was good enough. Its not our fault they couldn't waste three minutes of clock. They even saved us a timeout by throwing an incompletion. If they had fully committed to being conservative than we wouldn't have had those measly 5 seconds left at the end of the game.

Also, with the way the game was going we were clearly outplaying them. Its not like they were clearly the better team that day. Brees threw up two near picks in a row and Brady missed a wide open amendola for a td. If we capitalize on any of these plays we are winning by 10+. So they need to stfu.
  28. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#95 Jersey
    Yes the officials were bad, but there are bad in every game. Ultimately their offense had Several chances to ice the game, but they didn't want to play 60 minutes, their defense were celebrating even before the 2 minute warning which is outrageous ( the football Gods were not happy with that). As for as last td hold, well that should not happen because Brady previously found Edelman open near end zone for a TD but he dropped it.

The losing teams always blame the ref, its not the first and it won't be the last.
  29. ThatllMoveTheChains!!!

ThatllMoveTheChains!!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The only time I see this brought up is to counter those making accusations that games are rigged in the Pats' favor.
  30. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Not only that its an apples and oranges comparison. One is a week 6 game and one is the Superbowl on a drive that wrecked a perfect season. Last I checked the Saints can still win the Superbowl this year.