PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad to see BB's legacy ripped apart like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the problem. We're not looking for someone that has rings but that can take the team forward, is competent and can win. Mac doesn't have any rings either, does thst mean we don't draft/ use him? Bill won't be here too long (age). If your next coach criteria is someone with rings, it'll be a long search. Love you dude.

What are you talking about??

What does Venecol even mean?

I think I'm going to need to see your paystub.

Not for the $ he reportedly wanted...No thank you.
He's playing for $7M at CAR. He just didn't want to take a haircut just because Bill blew his wad during FAcy.

He's playing for $7M at CAR. He just didn't want to take a haircut just because Bill blew his wad during FAcy.
Signing Mills rather putting that money towards Gilmore probably was a reason too.

Signing Mills rather putting that money towards Gilmore probably was a reason too.
I think after this season Mills needs to go back to Philly and then we can give him a 2nd stint. Kinda like:

Belichick said of Chung’s abilities near the line of scrimmage. “When we had him before he left and then he came back and you know we just weren’t able to put him into some of the positions that he should’ve been put in."

"I think our utilization of him has been better. He’s been pretty much the same player but I think we’ve been able to utilize him better the last three years and he’s done a great job embracing the different responsibilities that we’ve given him...”

They used Chung as a slot corner at times the 1st time. Mills would be better as a safety. He can't cover as a corner.

I think after this season Mills needs to go back to Philly and then we can give him a 2nd stint. Kinda like:

Belichick said of Chung’s abilities near the line of scrimmage. “When we had him before he left and then he came back and you know we just weren’t able to put him into some of the positions that he should’ve been put in."

"I think our utilization of him has been better. He’s been pretty much the same player but I think we’ve been able to utilize him better the last three years and he’s done a great job embracing the different responsibilities that we’ve given him...”

They used Chung as a slot corner at times the 1st time. Mills would be better as a safety. He can't cover as a corner.
Chung was a SS coming out of college and the way Bill used him at FS and slot was just bizarre.

I see Brady throwing to WRs who consistently win their matchups and create separation. Hell, in many games opposing teams are losing all three battles WR 1/2/3 vs CB 1/2/3. Tom could almost just lock in on any one of them from the snap and still have success. Watching the games, I do not feel like Tom is at the level of 5-10 years ago, not that he should be, or that he's all that far from it.
Hes mostly dropping dimes and firing darts. Where do you see any decline?

For his sake it is pretty unfortunate how this playing out for him.

Just think, he could have retired and when Brady left and not only would his legacy be in better shape, but he would have time to enjoy his wealth.

....or NE called his bluff and he didn't want to lose face and swallow his pride here.
He's happy to be back home in Carolina. Meanwhile, our secondary is falling apart. We'll have to wait and see how he plays.

The other thing is most teams have the QB as the defacto leader. Obviously Mac is a rookie but he also does not strike me yet as a leader. Maybe he develops into one but guys like Watson, Murray, Dak got a hold of their teams right from the get go. Hopefully Mac has some of those intangibles in him.

You are dead wrong about Mac as leader. Throughout training camp veteran players were giving him unsolicited praise for taking command of the offense while Newton saw hieroglyphs in the playbook. That respect has only grown as the kid gets pounded without complaining or throwing anyone under the bus.

Dumbest post I’ve seen on here, and there have been some dumb ones. You’ve seen Belichick’s record without Brady, right?

Look at his record without Robert Kraft.
See what's really tough is.... Brady just went to a 7-9 team and then beat Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes in the playoffs to win a 7th Superbowl ring. So.... it seems like he was able to elevate an entire football team in a LeBron-like way. I would say he changed the entire narrative the last

Yeah I remember in late 2019/early 2020 you were on here spewing the same nonsense. You were certain that Brady wasn’t so great and Belichick was basically playing Madden the whole time and the Patriots system and blah blah blah. Now you’re back, apparently because you love humiliation.

I don't remember you at all.

Dumbest post I’ve seen on here, and there have been some dumb ones. You’ve seen Belichick’s record without Brady, right?

See what's really tough is.... Brady just went to a 7-9 team and then beat Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes in the playoffs to win a 7th Superbowl ring. So.... it seems like he was able to elevate an entire football team in a LeBron-like way. I would say he changed the entire narrative the last

Yeah I remember in late 2019/early 2020 you were on here spewing the same nonsense. You were certain that Brady wasn’t so great and Belichick was basically playing Madden the whole time and the Patriots system and blah blah blah. Now you’re back, apparently because you love humiliation.

See what's really tough is.... Brady just went to a 7-9 team and then beat Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes in the playoffs to win a 7th Superbowl ring. So.... it seems like he was able to elevate an entire football team in a LeBron-like way. I would say he changed the entire narrative the last 18 months.

I would say he joined a team with perhaps the greatest collection of offensive talent ever assembled, and added leadership and the astonishing ability to NOT throw 33 ints.

They'd look better with Mahomes or Rodgers.

In the meantime, the Patriots finally suffer a 7-9 hangover after going to 4 of 5 Super Bowls and suddenly Belichick is some sort of idiot.

But let me be even more provocative: none of their success happens without Kraft, who gets treated even worse on this message board.

But let me be even more provocative: none of their success happens without Kraft, who gets treated even worse on this message board.
And he deserves it because he is a flaming p u ss

I don't think he should be fired as I would say he deserves next year as well to see if he can get us back in playoff contention but he shouldn't get a lifetime pass based on past accomplishments. A lot of the people on here who have been criticizing him feel that his mismanagement of the roster the last few years prematurely ended the historic run. I also keep seeing a lot of people calling the posters criticizing Bill "spoiled" while also acting like we will be right back in championship contention in another year or two. To me that is a very spoiled point of view. Other teams fanbases wait decades for their team to have a realistic shot at a championship and around here people act like we are just gearing up for another 20 years of double digit wins and another handful of rings. The "you should be grateful" thing has also irked me as well. It is the organization that should be grateful it has fans that are willing to pay good money to go to games, watch games on TV, and buy a bunch of merchandise to hang in their man caves. I don't see anyone telling me I should be grateful to Jeff Bezos for creating something that can get me dishwasher detergent in two days at the click of a button. Don't get me wrong I have many great memories watching games with my dad, brother, and some of my best friends since I was a kid but in the end of the day the NFL is a business and without us no one would know who Bill Belichick or Tom Brady is.

Good post.

The "you should be grateful" thing is something I truly believe but it doesn't mean BB shouldn't be criticized. I don't mind the critiques but I do mind when it reaches the level of dismissing his contributions to the historic success we've witnessed over the years. Some reaching the level of "he should be fired" after five games which I find ridiculous.

I watched the first championship with my brother and friends and without kids or a wife. The last super bowl with teenaged kids and an ex wife. I was married for fifteen years. Haha. No other fan base can say that. It's unbelievable. I'm grateful.

TB and BB were together for twenty years. Six years longer than any other HC/QB combo. Why did the other combos fail? Why didn't they win as much? I don't know but what BB and TB accomplished was unprecedented. Six years unprecedented. That means something. Doesn't it?

I love that Brady won a championship without BB. Not because it's a slight against BB but because it's a slap in the face to the media narrative that he was a system QB. He body slammed that shyt. I loved it. I hope he does it again unless it's at the Patriots expense.

I will judge BB on how Mac performs. If his last six games are better than his first six games then I'll be satisfied. If not then I'm with you.

I think your expectations are reasonable. If we don't see progress by next year then he should go.

But let me be even more provocative: none of their success happens without Kraft, who gets treated even worse on this massage board.
Fify

Mingbi and Lulu disagree.

I would say he joined a team with perhaps the greatest collection of offensive talent ever assembled, and added leadership and the astonishing ability to NOT throw 33 ints.

They'd look better with Mahomes or Rodgers.

In the meantime, the Patriots finally suffer a 7-9 hangover after going to 4 of 5 Super Bowls and suddenly Belichick is some sort of idiot.

Bob treated poorly here? Gtfo. I ****ing love that little dude. No one knows how to get a bargain like Bob Kraft. Example:

1634961717968.png
1634961761126.png

You could pair Belichick with four or five other contemporary QBs, and the results would've been similar (maybe six, maybe less, maybe more).

You couldn't name a single other contemporary coach to pair with Brady that would've produced six championships.

Add to that: Belichick isn't just the coach, he runs the whole show.

The truth of this debate? Football is a sport for blue collar people, and blue collar people will always favor the guys actually playing, the guys doing something on the field, versus the coaches and executives who are all just BS artists by comparison.

Nobody on this thread would pretend to be a better QB than Brady, but apparently a whole slew of you know how to build and coach a team better than Belichick. Just laughable.
How is this still a talking point in 2021? Lol

Most contemporary QBs like Rodgers and Ben wouldn't even get along with Bill to last that long

Almost all would not be as clutch as Brady was to help them GET to a super bowl, let alone win it. How many win that game at Arrowhead in 2018? Come back down from 14 twice in 2014?

Meanwhile with Brady... we just saw him win last year with a coach that has the traits Patriots fans usually make fun of. And he'll probably win another. And if it wasn't for his age, who'd know how much he's win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents