PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor Alabama Safety Mark Barron had an injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is where you guys end up benefiting from the trade back.

The thing I hear constantly about Barron, and I agree, is that he is 'the best in a poor class'. He has really bad stiff hip issues...do we really want another safety who will struggle to cover at the NFL level? He won't suck, but he won't be great.

Not worth a first rounder in my eyes, so much so he isn't even in my mock...although a team WILL reach for him if they feel they have a huge need. Free agency isn't filled with great talent either.

I think, with the Pats use of the hybrid now, that they will get a corner like Alfonzo Dennard. He does a lot of things well (not one sole thing great) but he has the size to rotate around and play at safety and the speed to keep up with NFL caliber receivers despite his size. Has a tendency to be over aggressive but he has quick feet and recovers well.

He's worth our 27th IMO.

It's versatile players like these we will search for...the idea behind the hybrid is you can switch fronts around all day long with the guys you have on the field and not have to substitute and play your hand. Ideal for the modern offenses we are beginning to face.

Last edited:
The thing I hear constantly about Barron, and I agree, is that he is 'the best in a poor class'. He has really bad stiff hip issues...do we really want another safety who will struggle to cover at the NFL level? He won't suck, but he won't be great.

Not worth a first rounder in my eyes, so much so he isn't even in my mock...although a team WILL reach for him if they feel they have a huge need. Free agency isn't filled with great talent either.

I think, with the Pats use of the hybrid now, that they will get a corner like Alfonzo Dennard. He does a lot of things well (not one sole thing great) but he has the size to rotate around and play at safety and the speed to keep up with NFL caliber receivers despite his size. Has a tendency to be over aggressive but he has quick feet and recovers well.

He's worth our 27th IMO.

It's versatile players like these we will search for...the idea behind the hybrid is you can switch fronts around all day long with the guys you have on the field and not have to substitute and play your hand. Ideal for the modern offenses we are beginning to face.

The issue with Dennard is the same that you, wrongly, cite Barron for. Namely that he can't turn and run with a passer. The difference between Dennard and Barron is that Dennard doesn't have the same instincts, isn't as effective a tackler and wasn't coached in a system very similar to the Pats. So why would we take him over Barron?

The Jets are going to be desperate for safeties. If they can't pull something off in free agency, they just might feel the need to gamble on Barron in the first round.

The Jets are going to be desperate for safeties. If they can't pull something off in free agency, they just might feel the need to gamble on Barron in the first round.

Oh yeah. It will be interesting to see if they move up in the early 2nd round and select him.
Like the Pats, the Jets need a FS badly but unlike us, they also need a SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back