PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rookie Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Meriweather is number 38, heres the rest... http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Draft picks:
DL Kareem Brown -- 95
OL Mike Elgin -- 60
RB Justise Hairston -- 43 (white jersey)
OL Corey Hilliard -- 63
LB Oscar Lua -- 49
S Brandon Meriweather -- 38
OL Clint Oldenburg -- 76
CB Mike Richardson -- 35
LB Justin Rogers -- 51

Free agents:
DB Larry Anam -- 41 (blue jersey)
LB Kyle Bissinger -- 48 (blue jersey)
QB Matt Gutierrez -- 7
TE Jake Nordin -- 47 (white jersey)
RB Quinton Smith -- 42 (white jersey)
LB Justin Warren -- 47 (blue jersey)
DL Zach West -- 69

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Last edited:
How has this thread not been bumped like 80 times by now?

Meriweather probably wont stick with 38 since he didint like it.

How has this thread not been bumped like 80 times by now?

Meriweather probably wont stick with 38 since he didint like it.

How do you know he didn't like it?

How do you know he didn't like it?

I post of KFFL and someone who posts on there works for a draft site and talks to rookie players. Meriweather really wanted 39, 22 or 27. The guy i know told him to take 38 and wait for cut downs.

I guess he took his advice. He likes 24 if it were to come available.

I post of KFFL and someone who posts on there works for a draft site and talks to rookie players. Meriweather really wanted 39, 22 or 27. The guy i know told him to take 38 and wait for cut downs.

I guess he took his advice. He likes 24 if it were to come available.

Well 39, 22, and 27 will all make the final roster, unless Samuel gets traded.

And I don't like 38 either.

Last edited:
I'd like to see him get 24 either from Mitchell, or by switching to that number if Mitchell is cut. A Meriweather #24 jersey would be nice.

On Kareem Brown's number: 95 was Peta's number at Miami so Kareem's probably wearing 95 in Peta's memory. Obviously, Wright already has 99, so he can't have that number.

Last edited:
Dude I love 38. I guessed it would be #38 before hand.

Hmm. Did he say why Meriweather prefers those numbers? Looks like draft site guy is right. From Reiss...

Mike Reiss said:
Safety Brandon Meriweather said he wouldn't have picked jersey number 38, but that was what was assigned to him. He then added that the player makes the jersey number, and that the jersey number doesn't make the player. Meriweather wore 19 in college.

Good attitude. I could see Meriweather sticking with #38 now.

I'd like to see him get 24 either from Mitchell, or by switching to that number if Mitchell is cut. A Meriweather #24 jersey would be nice.

I'd like to ask a genuine question...what does it mean when people have opinions on jersey numbers? There are always so many threads desperate for news of number assignments for new players, but personally I could not care less.

For the number fans out there...is it associations with other players who have worn that number? Its it something about the number itself? What do the numbers mean to you?

I'd like to ask a genuine question...what does it mean when people have opinions on jersey numbers? There are always so many threads desperate for news of number assignments for new players, but personally I could not care less.

For the number fans out there...is it associations with other players who have worn that number? Its it something about the number itself? What do the numbers mean to you?

i think its more of style/looks. some #s look much better than others.

if i were playing i'd want 20 or 26

On Kareem Brown's number: 95 was Peta's number at Miami so Kareem's probably wearing 95 in Peta's memory. Obviously, Wright already has 99, so he can't have that number.

its Pata

RIP Pata

I'm hoping it means Meriweather will be twice the safety for the Patriots as he was for Miami (#19). :D

I'm hoping it means Meriweather will be twice the safety for the Patriots as he was for Miami (#19). :D

hes not gonna stick with 38..just watch. If 24 or 29 are avaible(possible cuts..he'l be on it )

its Pata

RIP Pata

Yea, I know I screwed up that one. What sucks is his name is even pronounced that way, so I don't know why I spelled it that way.

Anways, people can still donate to the fund set up in his name, just do a google search.

Last edited:

It's just a personal preference, that does has some connection to history. If you're a LB you'd probably rather wear 55, 56, or 54 than most other numbers. It's might be something you wouldn't understand, but maybe you do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore