PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ron Brace

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing i noticed was that he was on the ground alot. i also noticed that brace received a large amount of double teaming. he is not the penetrator that raji is, but in our system he doesnt have to be. he does very well at the line of scrimmage to hold his position. hes clearly a big, powerful man. there is potential there.

Why is Brace practicing at DE on the Pats? It seems to me he should be the #2 NT behind Wilfork.

Wilfork practiced and actually played a little DE in his first year. Wilfork and Brace are similar in their respective first years in that the both look like big fat tubby pants. Remember this is the new and improved skinny Wilfork that they Patriots have now.

Remember also that if Brace can only play NT it makes it very hard to put him on the active 45 day roster. With all of the run first attacks the Patriots play I expect that they may carry 6 DL for game day instead of the usual 5.

Last edited:
One of the things that stood out to me when I got my first look at Brace a week ago was that he seems to look more like Seymour than Wilfork. I imagine he will be learning both the Nose and End but I wonder if he might be more of an End when its all said and done.

I think you are right. I think he is going to be a DE and we need DE help more than DT/NT help as of now. With Adams, Richards and Pryor along with DT;s that could play NT in a pinch, we are deeper at the nose than end.

Good points.

NFLN was interesting in calling Brace slow and a space eater. Apparently, they never noticed that all their hightlight film had brace chasing the ball down outside the box.

How does the NFL Network get it so wrong with draft expert Mike Mayock being a BC guy himself?

You need to look at Brace's 2007 (junior) season tape without Raji in the lineup. Raji was academically suspended the night before the opening game. Brace was the D-Line and was immense. Don't get me wrong, I like Raji alot and I agree he was out of reach for the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST