PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney's thoughts on Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss does not have a ring ... I think he's aware of this more than anyone.

No, hard time that Gamble cannot tell whether Moss is giving his best effort

Hilarious...as if Gamble gave HIS best effort in LOSING by ten.Sounds like a clown who is trying to deflect his team's abysmal effort in a loss by sniping at an easy straw man.

Hilarious...as if Gamble gave HIS best effort in LOSING by ten.Sounds like a clown who is trying to deflect his team's abysmal effort in a loss by sniping at an easy straw man.

You do realize that sometimes even a person's best isn't good enough, right? I mean, that's especially true in team sports, and it's not exactly a secret. Carolina losing the game doesn't change the effort level of any player that was out there.

Last edited:
I'll bet Moss comes out next week and has a gangbusters game, while Owens spends most of his time on the sidelines looking disgusted.

9/10 times when a particular player like this gets overt-ly overblown negative media attention, he ends up playing gangbusters the following week. McNabb responded this way when it happened to him a couple of times in 2007.

Frankly - the entire media is hogwash - I quite watching the MSM since last summer or so.

You do realize that sometimes even a person's best isn't good enough, right? I mean, that's especially true in team sports, and it's not exactly a secret. Carolina losing the game doesn't change the effort level of any player that was out there.

Well put Deus, thanks. Finally we are seeing eye to eye on a subject.

yeah...maybe someone will dig up the quote from a Patriots player after they lost a game , talking all about how a player on another team was a dog during that team's win. I'll wait....

yeah...maybe someone will dig up the quote from a Patriots player after they lost a game , talking all about how a player on another team was a dog during that team's win. I'll wait....

Carolina should be more concerned about their Head Coach, who is on the hot seat and will likely be fired at season's end.

It was an old school football thing ... the concept of getting a RB going early. I don't see why we don't throw to Moss to get him going ... if that's what he needs sometimes then we should.

Also ... Moss had a number of good blocks and decoy plays during the game. I was there and I keyed on him a number of times. Those plays are not being mentioned by the haters. Almost the entire offense was out of sync in the first half ... the running game was working but Brady and the rest of the team were way out of sync. Brady was extremely indecisive in the first half because all the receivers were covered ... all of them ... those things happen and are not always something to hop all over.

Last edited:

Did every player on Carolina played at 100% effort the entire game?

Last edited:

In fairness, I think he was responding to a question posed to him about Moss' attitude.

I don't care. It doesn't change the issue, no matter how you try to obfuscate.

I don't care. It doesn't change the issue, no matter how you try to obfuscate.

I asked a simple question, a really really simple question. "I don't care" is not an answer. If you don't know, just say you don't friggin know.

I asked a simple question, a really really simple question. "I don't care" is not an answer. If you don't know, just say you don't friggin know.

"I don't care" is an answer, and an appropriate one, given the irrelevancy of the question.

"I don't care" is an answer, and an appropriate one, given the irrelevancy of the question.

Quite pathetic, you don't care about anyone's effort except Moss. Don't even have the maturity to admit you do not know the answer.

Quite pathetic, you don't care about anyone's effort except Moss. Don't even have the maturity to admit you do not know the answer.

The issue is Moss. The issue is not "Did every player on Carolina played at 100% effort the entire game?".

That's just you tossing out another red herring.

Last edited:
The issue is Moss. The issue is not "Did every player on Carolina played at 100% effort the entire game?".

That's just you tossing out another red herring.

Answer the damn question. At this point I assume you just have no idea. The point being is that the criticism of Moss' "effort" isn't even valid unless and until one assumes that it is normal to give 100% maximum effort on every single play.

Last edited:
Answer the damn question. At this point I assume you just have no idea. The point being is that the criticism of Moss is only valid if one assumes that it is normal to give 100% maximum effort on every single play.

If that's your point, then you should never criticize anyone for effort issues, because nobody in the world gives 100% 100% of the time. That's not been my point, though, so it's not applicable.

As I said, your question is irrelevant.

You pulled this same sort of crap over Moss last season. Here's yet another thread from back then:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/186473-moss-season.html

Last edited:
Dear emoney,

As the Lord Deus has indicated, dissatisfaction with and hostility toward Sire`s pronouncements are often symptoms of Kool-Aid-induced dementia, and could be a potentially life-threatening affiliction. You may want to see your doctor right away and have your brain checked for any damaged or missing components, as this could also explain your condition.

I hope you feel better soon, emoney. Take care.

In the Name of Lord Deus Irae, Chief Contrarian,

TheComeback

Dear emoney,

As the Lord Deus has indicated, dissatisfaction with and hostility toward Sire`s pronouncements are often symptoms of Kool-Aid-induced dementia, and could be a potentially life-threatening affiliction. You may want to see your doctor right away and have your brain checked for any damaged or missing components, as this could also explain your condition.

I hope you feel better soon, emoney. Take care.

In the Name of Lord Deus Irae, Chief Contrarian,

TheComeback

Wait for the "moving the goal-post" crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News