PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison slams Belichick's decision to let go of Brady

Biffins

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It's open season. The knives are out. And it's Belichick for dinner.

Patriots Talk Podcast: Rodney Harrison on why Belichick should have expected Tom Brady’s Tampa success | Listen & Subscribe | Watch on YouTube

"That's his fault. That's his situation. That's his problem. That's what happens," Harrison said of Belichick moving on from Brady. "When you give up on a guy like a Tom Brady, you know what's inside of him. You've seen it for 20 years. You know what's deep down inside Tom. Tom's gonna come back, he's gonna train harder, he's gonna be more focused, he's gonna be more in tune, he's gonna try and take everything to the next level because you know he's the most competitive guy that you've ever been around.

"That's how Tom is. Tom is a nice guy, he's handsome, he's articulate, he knows how to say the right things. But at the end of the day, he wants to rip your freakin' heart out of you."

"Because how could you not like Tom Brady? Yeah, you could disagree on schemes and Xs and Os and things like that, but how could you not like him? When all he makes is everything about the team. It's never about Brady. It's never been about him. It's always been about the team.

"And that's why his teammates, that's why Danny Amendola -- even though I agree to disagree with Danny Amendola on some things -- that's why teammates say things like that about Tom because they love him so much, because he's just a good guy."

It sounds like Rodney is equating his situation with Tom's and is on Team Tom.

But then I just watched a Matt Light interview and he's on Team Bill.

The players are as divided as the fans.

Former Patriots executive Scott Pioli has no time for that take, or the debate as a whole.

“My answer to that is I think that the whole question, people questioning who was more responsible, or people choosing to say one or another, it’s being incredibly disrespectful to everyone involved,” Pioli told Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer. “Because they did it together, and it’s not about one or the other. To me, this whole thing, the whole topic, is everything that’s wrong with our country. People think they need to divide to feel better about themselves.

“And why in life does this have to be reduced down to the disrespectful place of one or the other? Everything about that group was about team, unity, the collective greatness. Just like when I was there, people on the outside wanted to pull it apart. And they’re still doing that, just in a different way.”

Former Patriots executive Scott Pioli has no time for that take, or the debate as a whole.

“My answer to that is I think that the whole question, people questioning who was more responsible, or people choosing to say one or another, it’s being incredibly disrespectful to everyone involved,” Pioli told Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer. “Because they did it together, and it’s not about one or the other. To me, this whole thing, the whole topic, is everything that’s wrong with our country. People think they need to divide to feel better about themselves.

“And why in life does this have to be reduced down to the disrespectful place of one or the other? Everything about that group was about team, unity, the collective greatness. Just like when I was there, people on the outside wanted to pull it apart. And they’re still doing that, just in a different way.”

Meh. It was bound to happen when the team let him go and he was the difference between a team being a perennial doormat and advancing to the Super Bowl while the Pats had their worst season in two decades. Not sure if Walsh got similar treatment when comparing his resume with and without Montana, but it’s largely the same thing. I do agree with him, however, that this is what’s wrong with our country in a smaller scale.

who was the poster who said watch Slater call out Bill after he retires? you may be right LOL

It's open season. The knives are out. And it's Belichick for dinner.

Patriots Talk Podcast: Rodney Harrison on why Belichick should have expected Tom Brady’s Tampa success | Listen & Subscribe | Watch on YouTube

"That's his fault. That's his situation. That's his problem. That's what happens," Harrison said of Belichick moving on from Brady. "When you give up on a guy like a Tom Brady, you know what's inside of him. You've seen it for 20 years. You know what's deep down inside Tom. Tom's gonna come back, he's gonna train harder, he's gonna be more focused, he's gonna be more in tune, he's gonna try and take everything to the next level because you know he's the most competitive guy that you've ever been around.

"That's how Tom is. Tom is a nice guy, he's handsome, he's articulate, he knows how to say the right things. But at the end of the day, he wants to rip your freakin' heart out of you."

"Because how could you not like Tom Brady? Yeah, you could disagree on schemes and Xs and Os and things like that, but how could you not like him? When all he makes is everything about the team. It's never about Brady. It's never been about him. It's always been about the team.

"And that's why his teammates, that's why Danny Amendola -- even though I agree to disagree with Danny Amendola on some things -- that's why teammates say things like that about Tom because they love him so much, because he's just a good guy."
If you listen to the podcast he also say both made each other and when asked if BB is rooting for tom, he said he will of course because BB built this team and dynasty and he will proud. it was not all "slamming BB in the podcast" . but whatever pushes that narrative.

Richard seymour doesnt deserve a place in the HOF. After all , what did he do ? it was all bill or tom anyway.

Richard seymour doesnt deserve a place in the HOF. After all , what did he do ? it was all bill or tom anyway.
I think someone is understanding

Meh. It was bound to happen when the team let him go and he was the difference between a team being a perennial doormat and advancing to the Super Bowl while the Pats had their worst season in two decades. Not sure if Walsh got similar treatment when comparing his resume with and without Montana, but it’s largely the same thing. I do agree with him, however, that this is what’s wrong with our country in a smaller scale.
No social media back then so who knows...

Brady doing what he did at 43 is somewhere between "unprecedented" and "beyond the realm of possibility." Making a wrong guess at what point over 40 Brady would stop being Brady isn't some wild and crazy gaffe.

The thing to blame Belichick for is not having a fallback plan at QB if he knew in advance he was moving on from Brady. Stidham was always a joke, Hoyer is legally dead and Belichick had to luck into someone as good as Cam was (which was "not very")

Sounds like he’s on Team Bill. That’s all. Maybe vying for a job.

Someone on Team Brady would say to counter Pioli that it was Tom keeping the team together and fostering unity and now that’s gone, there’s nothing to see here.

If you listen to the podcast he also say both made each other and when asked if BB is rooting for tom, he said he will of course because BB built this team and dynasty and he will proud. it was not all "slamming BB in the podcast" . but whatever pushes that narrative.

I posted the link. The headline from the article. And the only excerpts related to Bill in the article. I didn’t misrepresent. Maybe he said other things in the podcast not in the article but I am referring to the article.

Can’t give Tom more than 1 HoF. So let’s share the booty with others.....

Sounds like he’s on Team Bill. That’s all. Maybe vying for a job.

Someone on Team Brady would say to counter Pioli that it was Tom keeping the team together and fostering unity and now that’s gone, there’s nothing to see here.
He literally said they were all together as a team and they shouldn’t be divided like that. And your response is he is picking sides. o_O

Winner x 1000000000000000000000

The only reason this is happening is because pro-Bill people (including his coaching staff) always disrespected Brady's importance on the team by implying Belichick could succeed with anyone.

The only reason this is happening is because pro-Bill people (including his coaching staff) always disrespected Brady's importance on the team by implying Belichick could succeed with anyone.
Scott said it was a collective effort.

Why is that not acceptable at face value?

Why do we need to pick sides?

Scott said it was a collective effort.

Why is that not acceptable at face value?

Why do we need to pick sides?
Yes.

Collective effort.

Every player was equally valuable. No one player more valuable than the other. All collective. All unity. All helping each other.

This is all euphemism for Brady didn’t matter (not any more than 53 other people aka didn’t matter).

Meanwhile there’s only 1 HC who can also claim credit for fostering such a collective hive unit. For creating an environment of equanimity. Moss said “First meeting I was there, Brady got yelled at and I stood up and took notice”. BB the genius. What a culture. What an environment. “Do Your Job”. It’s Belichick who said that and repeats that. It’s put in a plaque on the wall.

No single player matters. BB gets the credit for the winning culture and environment. The Patriot Way.

This is the battle.

and this is why BB supporters like Pioli say “Guys, there’s no debate. We were all equal” aka it was all Belichick. And Brady supporters like Amendola say “The Patriot Way was just Tom. It was just Tom Brady. BB has nothing to do with it” aka we weren’t all equal and it was just Brady. Even Arians got on the stage and literally said on the mic “[we’re here because] it’s just one man, Brady”.

so NO. They weren’t all equal. There was Brady. And the rest.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back