PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison on WEEI Friday morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year I think it needs to be the defense that sets this tone. A Bryan Cox hit in the first quarter Sunday could do wonders, but from whom would it come?

Browner would be my hopeful guess.

Browner would be my hopeful guess.
Obviously, there are many who might accomplish this. My nominees are Browner, Arrington, Chung, Hightower and Collins.

...This year I think it needs to be the defense that sets this tone. A Bryan Cox hit in the first quarter Sunday could do wonders, but from whom would it come?

There's not one player on that defense who's got that kind of makeup. The one they used to have is in Buffalo. The closest player now is Chung, and I think that says a lot.

To put this another way.....

Name a player on the Patriots defense that you think would willingly risk a fine from Goodell (unecessary roughness, etc...) in order to get his teammates fired up. Hell, with Mankins and Spikes both gone, name one on the entire team.

Last edited:
this fool is gonna lay "Pac Man" out.......look at his neck........like ted johnson

Danny-Amendola.jpg

The best part of the interview on Friday was at the end when Harrison told Gerry Callahan to blow it out his *** when Callahan tried to get Rodney to comment on what would happen if it's a Bengals blow-out win. Rodney said he won't do hypotheticals and basically shut Callahan down. Sweet. It was Larry Lucchino-esque.

Edelman is freaking awesome. Can't believe they actually let him go.

Where'd they let Edelman go to, neuronet? You mean letting him go to free agency?

Name a player on the Patriots defense that you think would willingly risk a fine from Goodell (unecessary roughness said:
Vince Wilfork.

I'm sure he wasn't too happy seeing our o-line's pathetic attempt at recovering that fumble

Look at Edelman dive in there with 5 KC guys swarming him, as Solder and Vollmer just stand up and watch

LonelyImpishAnhinga.gif
This makes me sick to my stomach....this illustrates the difference between a winner and a loser, I remember seeing this play and was yelling at the TV...this is the urgency I keep preaching to this forum about. We need more Edlemans on this team, yes we obviously need talent...duhh we are at an NFL level, there is talent everywhere in this league...we need more Mankins and Harrisons and Bruschis...it is no accident we won games and Superbowls with those guys...whatever it takes to light a fire under this team then that is exactly what needs to be done now (urgency)...not next week or month...

We know about the o-line problems, Brady's accuracy, the WR's, the D's softness, etc...

We are going to learn a lot about this team's toughness and fight tonight.

I am so done with Sad Sack Solder. I know he is not the only O linemen without fire in his belly, but he just seems to stick out as marshmallow on just about every play. Seems like a nice guy. But this team doesn't need nice guys, it needs toughness. That GIF is engrained in my mind forever.:mad:

Where'd they let Edelman go to, neuronet? You mean letting him go to free agency?

Yeah...I bet a few teams are kicking themselves for not picking him up...

I am so done with Sad Sack Solder. I know he is not the only O linemen without fire in his belly, but he just seems to stick out as marshmallow on just about every play. Seems like a nice guy. But this team doesn't need nice guys, it needs toughness. That GIF is engrained in my mind forever.:mad:

The improvement of the interior linemen really seemed to help the outside problems as well, as noted during the game.

I like the idea of Stork improving throughout the year at center, with Connelly and Wendell playing as well--and I'm honestly not just saying that due to their success tonight. I felt that the familiarity would help, and I'm sure it did. That said, there were also some other important variables as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST