PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison Announces His Retirement! [check your calendar...]

Re: Rodney Harrison Announces His Retirement!

That was approximately as funny as a crutch.

Yah, you know the saying "Hire the handicapped, they're fun to watch!"

As long as NUT doesn't tell Rodney where I live, I'll be OK

Oh we'll find you, don't worry......and when we do.......watch out!

1.jpg

But my name is not Scott Kelly.
Nothing worse than an ex-girlfriend or wife, eh?

D'oh! Got me too.......

Ok now I get the check your calender part.

I was severely distraught there for a minute. That just let me know how much I'm looking forward to Rodney returning and crushing people this year.

He didn't got me.

Important error in the text: Head Coach Bill Belicheck

;)

He didn't got me.

Important error in the text: Head Coach Bill Belicheck

;)

Yep, I quickly noticed that too.

Oh, don't do that to me... I was actually sickened by the thought of Rodney retiring... Ugh...

But my name is not Scott Kelly.
Nothing worse than an ex-girlfriend or wife, eh?

I changed your real name to protect your innocence by the way.

I was had second hand when my son sent me the headline only via email.

Last edited:

I changed your real name to protect your innocence by the way.

I was had second hand when my son sent me the headline only via email.

Thanks, I don't want word about my small **** geting posted all over the internet

As long as NUT doesn't tell Rodney where I live, I'll be OK

Nah, but after you had spent so long dissing Neil Entwistle, I had a word with him. He said his soon-to-be-released cellmate, Big Al Axekiller, would pay a visit.

Good effort on the Rodney thing. Ian's one last year, where he said he was closing down Patsfans, was brilliant. I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Nah, but after you had spent so long dissing Neil Entwistle, I had a word with him. He said his soon-to-be-released cellmate, Big Al Axekiller, would pay a visit.

Good effort on the Rodney thing. Ian's one last year, where he said he was closing down Patsfans, was brilliant. I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Of course there's the classic one about Tom Brady being traded....

Yeah nice try but there was no real article at the end of the link. Bulletin board material for Rodney! :eek:

You Brits tend to be suckas for AF pranks...

On March 31, 1989 thousands of motorists driving on the highway outside London looked up in the air to see a glowing flying saucer descending on their city. Many of them pulled to the side of the road to watch the bizarre craft float through the air. The saucer finally landed in a field on the outskirts of London where local residents immediately called the police to warn them of an alien invasion. Soon the police arrived on the scene, and one brave officer approached the craft with his truncheon extended before him. When a door in the craft popped open, and a small, silver-suited figure emerged, the policeman ran in the opposite direction. The saucer turned out to be a hot-air balloon that had been specially built to look like a UFO by Richard Branson, the 36-year-old chairman of Virgin Records. The stunt combined his passion for ballooning with his love of pranks. His plan was to land the craft in London's Hyde Park on April 1. Unfortunately, the wind blew him off course, and he was forced to land a day early in the wrong location.

and one more time for them Brit folk...

In 1998 Guinness issued a press release announcing that it had reached an agreement with the Old Royal Observatory in Greenwich, England to be the official beer sponsor of the Observatory's millennium celebration. According to this agreement, Greenwich Mean Time would be renamed Guinness Mean Time until the end of 1999. In addition, where the Observatory traditionally counted seconds in "pips," it would now count them in "pint drips." The Financial Times, not realizing that the release was a joke, declared that Guinness was setting a "brash tone for the millennium." When the Financial Times learned that it had fallen for a joke, it printed a curt retraction, stating that the news it had disclosed "was apparently intended as part of an April 1 spoof."

Last edited:
Most likley a April's fools joke.

Well I was just a wee bit late.

Last edited:
wow. i hate myself. I almost **** my pants. And on another forum, I fell for another joke similar to this.

www.bostonglobe.com/harrisonretirement

"In a surprise move, veteran Rodney Harrison announced today that he was retiring from football 'for family reasons'. He cited long injury recovery times and the desire to spend more summer vacation time with his young family. Head Coach Bill Belicheck could not be reached for comment."

Developing...

:rofl: (while my heart is still pounding)
u had me for like five seconds
then i realized it said (check your calendar)

good one thoguh

It was the mods that woosed out and added the "check your calendar" note

Not that I blame them. Can't have elderly Pats fans suddenly needing a bypass. Fortunately, Rodney does NOT know where I live.

Last edited:
It was the mods that woosed out and added the "check your calendar" note

Not that I blame them. Can't have elderly Pats fans suddenly needing a bypass. Fortunately, Rodney does NOT know where I live.

Shame about the check your calendar thing, cos it spoiled what was a good joke. I thought it was very unlike you to add that...

Just one thing about you and Rodney: Let's say he spots you at a game. Would you, as a security guard, stand in his way? :D

PS: Ouch on the two British April Fools. I need an "embarrassed" icon.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back