PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski out of surgery, infection has cleared

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do they leave the plate in for the test of his life?

It's not the infection I'm worried about, it's the glass!

I keed, I keed...

triumph_insult_head.jpg

I'm glad his infection is gone. I really hope he's ready for the start of the season, or at least ready by week 4ish.

So do they leave the plate in for the test of his life?

Most reports said that the plate would likely come out during the next offseason, approximately a year from now.

I'm not sure if that timeframe changes or not due to the recent surgery/replacement of the actual plate.

I think it's very safe to assume that the plate will be in there for at least a year, or until next spring sometime. Like I said, it's also possible that they may decide to leave it in for another year after that if there are any changes to the current timeline due to the recent setbacks.

I'm sure we may end up hearing more as the season goes on and things get leaked out, but you can bet that the plate will be in there for about another year at least.

I feel that we rushed him back too soon just like we did hernandez. If we had waited for it to heal then, we wouldn't be having this issue now. I honestly feel we should let him get his back fixed and whatever else is needed and just put him on ir now. If necessary put him on ir for two straight years. He is very young and I rather see him have an effective longterm career with the pats than a few short ineffective seasons.

Lots of doom and gloomers from a week ago who are clearly disappointed that Gronk will not expire. Where are they? Crickets, I'm shocked.

Excellent News, God Bless Gronk Speedy Recovery.

I honestly feel we should let him get his back fixed and whatever else is needed and just put him on ir now. If necessary put him on ir for two straight years............

Why don't they simply put him on IR for five years. Then he'll be awesome when he's thirty.

penquins.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft