PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly how it happened a couple of yrs ago. Full participant in practice- brady says he looks great in practice but every week he was inactive .Fans also got frustrated. He can play when he feels he can play but dont know why make all these announcements. Dont know who wants to know this .
I doubt he plays vs houston. After that,if the bye is clinched I doubt he will be risked in the regular season.

In fairness to Gronk and his family, he probably re-broke his forearm coming back too soon from the original injury and im sure was pressured to play. I'm sure they remember that and vow to never rush him back again
Totally understandable . But no one is pressuring him to do anything right now. So dont know why he or his team or even the pats need to make statements. Jamie Collins has been out with just "illness" . That info is enough. Someone leaked that he is okay and would at most miss 1 week which probably put his family on the defensive.

Next time, don't have quack team doctors that clear someone to play and have them re-break their arm on the first play.

Bingo! Heal up big fella, and return when you are ready.

The New England Patriots and the Gronkowski family are providing the following statement regarding

So i'm gonna say no.
Right, because the New England Patriots always release a statement about injured players and follow that up with a video statement from the injured player making it pretty damn clear that he's not coming back until he and his family feel he's ready to come back.

Glad I'm not the only one that's upset about this. Some great posts, nothing to add except the first rule of the Patriots is you don't talk about the Patriots. Very odd.......

I'm going to say this though and go ahead and flame me BUT if team doctors clear him over and over again this time and he doesn't get on the field and it screws up our chances at a championship, just remember our coach is a cold hearted mother ****er. And you know what I mean when I say that. We have no first round pick next year keep that in mind.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING THIS. JUST SAYING. I LOVE GRONK AND WANT HIM HERE FOREVER

I'm going to say this though and go ahead and flame me BUT if team doctors clear him over and over again this time and he doesn't get on the field and it screws up our chances at a championship, just remember our coach is a cold hearted mother ****er. And you know what I mean when I say that. We have no first round pick next year keep that in mind.

Lets wait and see what happens. Everyone is emotional right now about what can happen. Iam sure gronk's family is fearing that pats are thin on WRs so they may rush gronk back. BB values gronk a lot as he says in "Do your job" . He didnt play him the preseason either. So I doubt BB would take undue chances with him. But as I said before, if he doesnt play vs texans, there is no use playing him vs tennesse either so best case scenario IMO we see him vs the jets or in the playoffs.

Im glad he is ok and could play in 2 weeks if necessary but it's taking a safe approach, the way he was screaming on the turf I wasnt afraid of a season ending injury but a career ending, and the first reports were that he couldn't stand any pressure on his knee.

This team is 10-1 , not 6-5, and full of tight ends.

Lets wait and see what happens. Everyone is emotional right now about what can happen. Iam sure gronk's family is fearing that pats are thin on WRs so they may rush gronk back. BB values gronk a lot as he says in "Do your job" . He didnt play him the preseason either. So I doubt BB would take undue chances with him. But as I said before, if he doesnt play vs texans, there is no use playing him vs tennesse either so best case scenario IMO we see him vs the jets or in the playoffs.

Fair enough, thanks for the perspective.

LOL some of the most irrational motherf&ckers on the planet posting in this thread. Some are actually suggesting we get rid of the greatest TE of all time and our 2nd most valuable player, based on nothing but assumptions.

He's going to be available for the postseason run. Stop stressing over nothing.

Here's the thing about the conflict between Gronk's camp and the team back in 2013. THEY WERE RIGHT. The team doctor was TERRIBLE at his job and ended up getting fired. So frankly, I'm on their side again if need be.

Here's the thing about the conflict between Gronk's camp and the team back in 2013. THEY WERE RIGHT. The team doctor was TERRIBLE at his job and ended up getting fired. So frankly, I'm on their side again if need be.
He should take care of himself which is understandable. Just the statment and then a video message after all that is very unusual and unnecessary PR move. Iam sure BB is not thrilled about the video after a joint statement was released. He can play when he wants to play.
Aside, tomorrow's BB presser is going to be lot of fun with dumbwits asking 10 gronk questions to start after all this has been announced in the press release.

thankfully brady ( our best player ) doesnt have this type of attitude.
i doubt tom's 100 percent yet he's out there every week taking huge shots...gets up doesn't complain.
we're in december, i doubt any of our players are at perfect health yet they still go out and help the team.

i love gronk but this is annoying..

why is brady playing then? he can get hurt an anytime, with the line play being so inconsistent/receivers being unable to get open quickly tom might take a shot that he won't be able to get up from.
...maybe we should rest brady until amendola/gronk and edelman are ready to go..

why is brady playing then? he can get hurt an anytime, with the line play being so inconsistent/receivers being unable to get open quickly tom might take a shot that he won't be able to get up from.
...maybe we should rest brady until amendola/gronk and edelman are ready to go..
Because he is tom brady. His mind and heart work differently. I doubt gronk really is making the call here. He loves to play too much to be not out there. His brand and people are being cautious. Which is fine too. Just me personally, I wouldnt have said anything. "Day to Day" is enough info for everyone. Maybe gronk's side thinks pats are leaking info that he will utmost miss a week so they went ahead and did that video message. Who knows. Just very unusual.

People are assuming too much. It's possible that the Patriots intend to play it safe with Gronk and hold him out for an extended number of games, or even to the postseason. BB has been conservative with injuries all year it seems, likely due to the early bye. He knows Gronk is the 2nd most important player on the team and losing him effectively kills the season. Therefore it is possible that there is no disconnect between the statements released by Gronk and the NEP website.

That said, almost no way BB is happy that Gronkowski released a video online to explain himself (barstoolsports postulated this is why the team released a joint statement with Team Gronk in advance). And I'm sure Team Gronk still remembers the Gill the Butcher disaster, and rightfully so. Bottom line, BB knows that Gronkowski is on the level of Brady, LT, and other planet players he has coached: the normal rules aren't always going to imply.

A months sound about right. He should be back for the jets game. Gonna be tough winning these next two games. I know the eagles have sucked but they will be a desperate team. They still alive in that division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back