PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which I why I'm kind of annoyed that it seems like he will sit. Dola will be out there Sunday and I promise he is not 100%. Same goes for Edelman and his foot, you know that kid is busting his ass to be back as soon as he can be, 100% or not. I love Gronk, I realllly do, once in a life time player, but is he putting his brand/name before the team? That's my question. Hopefully we are all over reacting, this is just insanely unusual for the Pats regarding and injury.
Have to say I agree. Who knows what the injury actually is but it's highly unusual for the team and the player to make a joint statement regarding injury. If the initial reports of one or two weeks came from the team and Gronk's camp disagrees and would like to see him take more time off, that could explain it.

LOL some of the most irrational motherf&ckers on the planet posting in this thread. Some are actually suggesting we get rid of the greatest TE of all time and our 2nd most valuable player, based on nothing but assumptions.

He's going to be available for the postseason run. Stop stressing over nothing.

It's absolutely hilarious. Same people that wanted Brady benched after 4 games last year and wanted Julian Edelman cut after that false allegation.

If you think the team is setting the timeline here, you're very, very naive.

The fact that Gronk will play when HE feels 100% worries me. Nobody in the NFL, at this point of the season is 100%. Was Hightower 100% when he stopped Lynch short of the goal in the Super bowl?

I don't think we are going to see Gronk until the playoffs and maybe not even than.

The fact that Gronk will play when he feels 100% worries me. Nobody in the NFL, at this point of the season is 100%. Was Hightower 100% when he stopped Lynch short of the goal in the Super bowl?

I don't think we are going to see Gronk until the playoffs and maybe not even than.
that's just crazy talk..really

They need to get the bye.. HFA would just be a luxury at this point. I still think they get HFA though just because we still have a game on both, and manageable schedule, CIN and DEN play each other, and have at least another dropable game somewhere.

If we can win against the Texans next week and don't **** the bed against the Eagles and the Titans we should be fine in terms of BYE. I doubt that we will lose against the Dolphins if we really, really need that game.

The way I read it was that he meant that when all the doctors clear him to play that is equivalent to being 100%.

It's somewhat strange that they released a statement, but the Gronk family has been all up in Rob's bidness from the beginning (not saying that's bad, he's the family business). So it's not that surprising in that regard. I don't blame pops for sticking up for his kid with the team. Most typical adults Gronk's age can't even stick up for themselves, let alone professional athletes who have been shielded from adversity from day one. Really, it's the responsible thing for a parent to do.

The reality of the situation is that Gronk messed up with his public service announcement. It does not scream toughness or dedication, no matter how hard he says he will be working in the rehab. He should have just kept it all to himself.

The fact is he has been in the league 6 years. Five (5) of those years a team other than the Patriots won the Super Bowl. So having him on any team is clearly not a requirement for a Super Bowl championship. Pats will just have to tough it out. I hope all this is just overreaction, etc, but regardless if he is back playing in not too long he has put a bad taste in my mouth compared to the other greats of this team and the coach. It is actually a rather striking contrast. And the external control of the Gronk family almost reminds me of the Manning family circus at this point. Next thing you know ESPN reporters will have "insider" stories from sources.

If for whatever reason he remains unavailable because he is not 100%, I will be happy to have the Patriots continue to use his skills in future regular seasosns, keep him off any other rosters for several years anyway until he is dried up. And we will be able to lay claim to the greatest regular season Tight End of all time. Because if he truly is too hurt to play at all, and not wanting to "risk" injury without being 100%..... (which is stupid because he was 100% when that hit occurred, so 100% will not mean anything for injury prevention) if he truly won't play out of fear then that will make 4 our of 6 of his seasons ended or majorly affected by injury. You hear it all the time... It does not really matter how good you are if you don't stay on the field most of the time.

We won three Super Bowls, should have been 4 without Gronk. I think Belichick does need to think about making sure the team is built to win without him at this point. (And furture contributions from him are a bonus but should not be relied upon for championships) I actually think they will win the Super Bowl this year whether he plays or not.

wow just so much wrong in this post I don't even know where to start.

If you think the team is setting the timeline here, you're very, very naive.

You are borderline insane if you think that a player/agent or family can dictate anything to Belichick. He will sit him as long as he thinks necessary and use him when he feels the right time is here. Whatever is best for the team.

Also overall I don't give a **** about any timeline as long as he gets all the recovery he needs and is on the field in the first playoff game. I couldn't care less about anything else.

so without amendola, edelman or gronk v. the eagles, just who is brady supposed to throw to? only chandler and lafell are left. we'd better hope amendola is 100% this week.

brady shouldn't play. he might get hurt.
he holds on to the ball a second longer, takes a huge shot that crushes his ribs..

I think you are kind of making everyone who is upset's point for them here. Who needs to be pain free to play for a Super Bowl chance?

you're missing my point. It's all smoke and mirrors. Coordinated statement from the team AND gronk? yeah ok....

Let's not forget that Gronk didn't break or tear anything. As far as this particular injury goes, being 100% means pain free. That's all. he doesn't have limited range of mobility, plates/screwed inserted, stapled ligaments repaired, etc. etc..... we got super lucky with his injury.

Essentially, with strong enough pain killers, he could play tomorrow. I think both Gronk and the team are just playing smoke and mirrors, and we'll see him back sooner than we anticipate. I wouldn't be shocked to see him practice (limited) this week, questionable for the Eagles, and active for Houston.

i hope this happens...

This offense has to move the ball. I worry about these next two games.

Yeah, in January, however. With a bruise.
It's not a "bruise" it's a "bone bruise" which is different from having discolored skin. He also has a sprained knee, the extent of which we don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back