PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Rivers honesty refreshing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are wacky. Rivers is a trash talker. sometimes he has talked too much. He is making himself hated like a heel in wrestling. Who cares. Randy Moss has been a trouble maker for much of his career. Hes on the pats now so it is excusable. just like rivers trash talking is excusable to charger fans. We have merrimen who dances around after every positive play he does. you have seau. We have merrimen who was caught using HGH, you have Harrison. Harrison didnt blow kisses at billick but he certainly went over to him after an INT and talked trash, rivers talked trash to another qb and some fans. We have LT who does his minor TD celebration, you have welker and Moss doing theirs. Get over it. Neither team is evil. The only extra black mark the pats have is the cheating. the chargers dont have a comparison for this.

alright, you want to get technical. terence kiel was busted for selling narcotics over the internet. nobody on the patriots has ever done anything like that. shaun philips was arrested for domestic violence. moss has not had any charges filed against him. markus curry and cletus gordon both chargers at the time, were busted for domestic violence. matt wilhelm was busted for dui. leonardo carson was busted for burglar, kidnapping and carrying weapons. shall i go on.

as far as cheating, the commissioner came out right after camera gate and said the pats gained "no competitive advantage" from the taping.

Last edited:
i was wondering why no one has written "rivers is having fun" article..and here it comes
http://sportsline.com/columns/story/10580644

thankfully someone offers the opposite view as well

http://sportsline.com/columns/story/10580654

Like anything, there are going to be opinions on both sides. Who knows what is the right way to act? But it is obvious there is a blueprint for success regarding the greatest quarterbacks of all time. And that blueprint does not include wearing your emotions on your sleave EVERY WHERE YOU GO.

Almost all the greats have played it cool and kept their emotions in check. Sure there are some who have acted emotional, but I believe they could have been better had they been less emotional. Quarterbacking is not an emotional position. It involves clear thinking and quick, rational decisions.

I don't think Rivers will make the step to greatness without learning to tone it down a few notches. Favre is the most emotional of all the greats I can think of. But most of his emotion is positive, celebratory emotion and never included barking at fans or yapping his mouth.

Rivers would do well to study The Blueprint.

...My first post in this thread was simply a poke at all of the Rivers bashers who think he is such a bad person...

Kinda like Chargers fans think Belichik is a bad person?:rolleyes:

Like anything, there are going to be opinions on both sides. Who knows what is the right way to act? But it is obvious there is a blueprint for success regarding the greatest quarterbacks of all time. And that blueprint does not include wearing your emotions on your sleave EVERY WHERE YOU GO.

Almost all the greats have played it cool and kept their emotions in check. Sure there are some who have acted emotional, but I believe they could have been better had they been less emotional. Quarterbacking is not an emotional position. It involves clear thinking and quick, rational decisions.

I don't think Rivers will make the step to greatness without learning to tone it down a few notches. Favre is the most emotional of all the greats I can think of. But most of his emotion is positive, celebratory emotion and never included barking at fans or yapping his mouth.

Rivers would do well to study The Blueprint.
yeah i think he will tone it down after this season, i think alot of this is rivers taking it on himself to take all the pressure off norv merriman and the rest of the team.

yeah i think he will tone it down after this season, i think alot of this is rivers taking it on himself to take all the pressure off norv merriman and the rest of the team.

To modify a well-known quote...

Never attribute to leadership that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

not I sir, i think BB is one of the greatest HCs ever

I never accused you of anything JC...chill bud. I know you're very non-biased...more so than I can claim!

As you know, there are judgemental fans on both sides and I was replying to the following comment by C'Bad Bolt:

...My first post in this thread was simply a poke at all of the Rivers bashers who think he is such a bad person...

Last edited:
What's he doing jawing at the other team and their crowds during the game then? No Class. But you won't hear that from LT! When Merriman does his stupid chicken dance, it must be respected!! We daren't mock the chicken dance or LT might get hurt and angered, and then he will have to do some more whining to the media!! :eek:

The second article by Mike Freeman is not afraid to tell it like it is.

http://sportsline.com/columns/story/10580654

no, mocking is all in fun while the game is still going but taunting after the game is over is not all in fun anymore, it's just kicking someone while they're down. You guys watch too much ESPN anyways. Rivers hasn't done anything that was too bad. listen to what he's saying and it's not that bad. Cutler started the whole thing by yelling at Shaun Phillips and staying on the field after his team went 4 and out to yell at Phillips but Rivers got all the blame because he wasn't supposed to be out on the field anyways, but he was congratulating his defense, something Brady does often. I'm sure you believe everything that ESPN says right? But wait, that would mean you guys root for the darkside then huh? Believe not what you hear but more what you see and it's easy to cut and paste and make Rivers look like a bad character player.

Kinda like Chargers fans think Belichik is a bad person?:rolleyes:

I don't know BB. Never had an opinion on the guy but I judging by how often I see him smile I'de hate to be the guy who has to take his daughter to the prom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back