PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan: "These Jets could be best I've had"

re: Rex Ryan: "These Jets could be best I've had"

But I've always kind of liked his swagger.

Rex Ryan for our Defensive Coordinator when he loses his job at the end of the year.

But I've always kind of liked his swagger.

Rex Ryan for our Defensive Coordinator when he loses his job at the end of the year.

How silly.

Then, he would have to kiss BB's rings.

I don't have the slightest problem with Rexy's statement, he said potential. He's learned that the boasting an guarantees were counter-productive, I think he'll eventually learn that the BB model of coaching and molding players is the right way to go, even BB learned from his failure in Cleveland.

Even if the jets get rid of him, which I dont think they will, he'll have another job almost immediately.

must be a pretty great squad considering the better then the best team he ever had last year, the best team he ever had in 2010, the best team he ever had in 2009, and the best team he ever had in 2008...

I don't have the slightest problem with Rexy's statement, he said potential.

So in other words, since the best they've done in the regular season is 9-7... They have the potential to go 10-6... If everything goes perfectly.
Funny how for us a perfect season is potentially 19-0 (damn you Tyree!!) and a perfect season for the New York Jests is 10-6? Hell, with the Bengals, Bills, Chiefs and Chargers all looking for Wild Card spots, the best case scenario for the Jets has to be 10-6 and MISS the playoffs!

Besides... Tebow doesn't have Matt Prater to bail him out anymore.

Their defense will keep them in games this year. We shouldn't underestimate their D.

We shouldn't overestimate it either.

I seriously would not trade the Pats' defense for the Rats' defense.

Irregardless of the current performance levels, injury notwithstanding, I expect the Pats' defense to overtake the Rats defense soon, if not this year.

With the contact situations between both teams, particularly Revis' demands, and the fact that he may start his decline from elite at any time, combined with the character of guys like Cromartie and Scott, and consider the likelihood that Landry doesn't stay on the field all year, and won't be back next year (or if he does, it will be for a big contract), then I don't see their staying power.

I like the Pats young defenders more than the Rats young defenders.The Pats defense is full of gr8 and improving athletes, and the only issue on the horizon is Wilfork's age.

Once the Pats defense surpasses the Rats, it will be a superior defense for years to come.

Now some may say that is the homer in me, but I seriously would not trade defensive units.

Last edited:

We shouldn't overestimate it either.

I seriously would not trade the Pats' defense for the Rats' defense.

Irregardless of the current performance levels, injury notwithstanding, I expect the Pats' defense to overtake the Rats defense soon, if not this year.

With the contact situations between both teams, particularly Revis' demands, and the fact that he may start his decline from elite at any time, combined with the character of guys like Cromartie and Scott, and consider the likelihood that Landry doesn't stay on the field all year, and won't be back next year (or if he does, it will be for a big contract), then I don't see their staying power.

I like the Pats young defenders more than the Rats young defenders.The Pats defense is full of gr8 and improving athletes, and the only issue on the horizon is Wilfork's age.

Once the Pats defense surpasses the Rats, it will be a superior defense for years to come.

Now some may say that is the homer in me, but I seriously would not trade defensive units.

Yeah... Our LB's and DL are both way more young and talented. Our secondary is iffy but I can say that in five years our safeties and corners will be miles better than the Jets'

I don't have the slightest problem with Rexy's statement, he said potential. He's learned that the boasting an guarantees were counter-productive, I think he'll eventually learn that the BB model of coaching and molding players is the right way to go, even BB learned from his failure in Cleveland.

Even if the jets get rid of him, which I dont think they will, he'll have another job almost immediately.

Maybe, but not as a head coach....DC maybe.

If this is the best Rats team Rex has ever had, it just speaks to how poor the other Rats teams were.

What he actually said was:"I've been had by this team,once again"(sigh):cry2:

If the best the Jets can do is sign players the Dolphins released, there must be a grand plan we're missing.

Step One: Bring in Tim Tebow to cause a QB controversy and short-arm passes into the chests of defensive linemen

Step Two: Bring in Tony Sparano to fist-pump on the sidelines while calling plays that only work between the 30 yard lines

Step Three: Bring in Sanjay Lal to be wide receivers coach but fail to have any wide receivers (what did this guy ever do to have this job? Sanjay Lal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Step Four: Sift through the Dolphins' dumpster for players who suck even more than the ones the Jets already have

Step Five: Get Rex Ryan to bloviate like always to fool Commissioner Goodell into thinking you are just incompetent

Step Six: Go 1-15 and take QB Matt Barkley out of USC #1

Thanks for the laugh. I would however want to point out, that Sparano wasnt brought in to move the ball between the 30's, but instead to specifically design plays that support Tim Tebows strengths.

Now Sparano is in a dreamland, becouse with Tebow at QB, he basically runs the wildcat even when he doesn't even call it.

They may actually have the best D in the AFC this yr. Not sure yet about the offense...

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back