PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan asks Jules if he is playing QB Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare Ryan's buffoonery to BB's stoicism when it comes to the press, then compare how much the press either likes them or dislikes them..

Then compare their records.. which would you prefer???

It isn't about whether it is funny or not. It is about Rex's act being worn out. Every time his team wins a game, he decides to become a spectacle in the media and more focused on things like crashing conference calls and mocking Belichick's press conference than preparing for his next game. When he loses the next week, he becomes serious Rex again.

The fact of the matter is so far he has been a failure in Buffalo. He took a great defense before he got there and made it very average. You do stuff like this when you win, not when you are 1-2.

The Bills hired Rex to win games and get them back into the playoffs, not win open mike night at the local comedy club. He is a buffoon because he is doing stuff like this when his team has been a mess so far this year. So much so that they already had to fire their OC. If I owned the Bills, I would be upset that Rex seems more interested this week to win America's Got Talent than in Foxboro this Sunday.

Exactly, absolutely, precisely.

I will never understand pro athletes/coaches that feel the need to pull theatrics like that. It sure is entertaining at first, but when the results don't follow, and they generally don't, it becomes old very quickly.

Pro sports are a cut-throat business. You are competing, week in and week out, against the top 0,00001%. If you are distracted, even a little, it could cost you dearly. At that level, everyone has talent and everyone has a profound understanding off the game. Yes, the few pourcentage of talent you have over your competition will give you an edge, but your work ethic is really what is going to put you over the top. When you waste time entertaining the media/fans, well, you have a good chance of failing. Not only do you waste time, but you also put tremendous additional pressure on yourself.

Many younger people these days say that it is all about having fun and that we should develop a sense of humour. Fair enough, it is not up to me to tell people what to like and what not to like. However, I don't need theatrics to enjoy football, I am a football fan first and foremost. The game itself entertains me. BB being a master of his craft entertains me. If Rex wants to be a clown and buy into his own hype, well, I won't complain as it means his team will likely fail.

How is what he's doing not impugning the "integrity of the game"? Impersonating a media member and "jokingly" trying to elicit information that will help HIS team defeat an opponent? How is THIS not an insult to league integrity?

You guys think he's funny. I don't . I think he's a repugnant, big mouthed narcissist with no morals whatsover.

Because he is a harmless clown who will be out of a job soon I don't have an issue with Ryan per se but I agree. His behavior this week is bizarre and over the top. For Rex, thats saying something..

That was pretty funny.

Some of you need a sense of humor.
Not funny at all. Being a buffoon isn't funny. Trying to clown yourself because you suck at your job and you hope you can fool people isn't funny.

That would piss me off...hopefully Jules goes nuts this week

That would piss me off...hopefully Jules goes nuts this week
The funniest part is while Rex was tucking it up wit the media Edelman gave an answer straight out of the patriot way textbook that no player who plays for Rex would ever have given. if he listened he could have learned something.

Edleman should have said, "Sure, I'll be starting. The Bills will lose big-time with that jackass Rex Ryan as their head coach."

"Man, that Rex Ryan is so great with the media. They really seem to like him! I sure wish Coach Belichick was more like Coach Ryan." - no Patriots fan ever

And then BB would bench him like he benched Welker when he made all those foot jokes.

What for like one series until they needed him to field punts?

And he could always claim ignorance since Rex gave a fake name.

I'm going to be super sad when he gets canned from the Dolphins in two years.
Then off to the Colts. Seriously though, if you had to choose between Rex , Jeff Fischer or Jim Caldwell - aw never mind.

It's absolute ******** and not funny. If Bill did this people would be calling for him to be suspended and ****dell would placate them.

If I was the Patriots I would push for the fullest extent of punishment and throw all ****dell's integrity ******** in his face.

After the last year I have absolutely no sense of humor when it comes to this league unless it's in the form of karma for everyone that backed ****dell (see @Ice_Ice_Brady 's post in the JJ Watt thread) and the nfl when Brady was getting framed and railroaded.

It's all fun and games, a big circus. Impersonating reporters, wearing the wrong color cleats, driving 140 mph in a vehicle with a minor, tripping opponents from the sidelines, tampering, pumping in crowd noise, faking injuries. It's all a bunch of slaps on the wrist and big laughs unless you are the Patriots.

Rex is not a leader of men

Then off to the Colts. Seriously though, if you had to choose between Rex , Jeff Fischer or Jim Caldwell - aw never mind.
Rex is at least fun, Fisher is just a douche. Caldwell...might be a cardboard cutout.

It isn't about whether it is funny or not. It is about Rex's act being worn out. Every time his team wins a game, he decides to become a spectacle in the media and more focused on things like crashing conference calls and mocking Belichick's press conference than preparing for his next game. When he loses the next week, he becomes serious Rex again.

The fact of the matter is so far he has been a failure in Buffalo. He took a great defense before he got there and made it very average. You do stuff like this when you win, not when you are 1-2.

The Bills hired Rex to win games and get them back into the playoffs, not win open mike night at the local comedy club. He is a buffoon because he is doing stuff like this when his team has been a mess so far this year. So much so that they already had to fire their OC. If I owned the Bills, I would be upset that Rex seems more interested this week to win America's Got Talent than in Foxboro this Sunday.

Agreed - though I happen to agree it was a friggen hilarious way to try to get some intel along with a laugh - just wish Edelman had responded with a foot pun (though that would have potentially had him suspended a la Welker!)

I've always felt Rex was just bad for football

I actually think Sanchez would have been a pretty decent QB had he landed with the right coach initially

Nothing like having your head coach guarantee you'll take the team to the Super Bowl to mess with a young QB's head

And aside from being entertained by the fact that Rex Ryan in the AFC East ultimately helps the Patriots, I'm a football fan first and whether it's ending QB careers in a QB starved league or just being the "all style no substance" coach in the League, I'd say it's time to just have everyone admit that Rex Ryan is not head coaching material

That little stunt with Edelman was basically Rex admitting he's done and trying out for a media job - where I think he'll do great

But keep this guy and his brother away from actual coaching for the good of the league

Ryan is such a bafoon. His team is 1-2 and he seems to be more interested in being a spectacle for himself than prepare his team for this weekend.

If I owned the Bills, I would give Ryan an ultimatum. Win or Sunday or don't come back home to Buffalo.

The Buffalo himself won't be allowed back to Buffalo.

The fat irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes